Rc for kids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deereman7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So I bought my twin 7 year old boys cheap rc trucks for Christmas. I didn't figure they would love it as much as they do. So I bought new granite blx. I'm wondering what to upgrade them to without breaking the bank. We run mostly in grass. 1/10 4x4 is probably the way to go. I wondered about a regular brushed granite but they are much slower. Hate to spend the money on blx granite and run 2c lipo. You guys have any other ideas? Thank you

I would eave it stock and upgrade when stuff breaks....that said I would proactively but a couple,of common parts with higher probability of breaking based on feedback of some of th epro’s on this forum so that I could react quickly when stuf does break so i’m Hopefully not down too long......just my opinion

Everything I buy I have to buy 2, my son and I run cars. Last Christmas I got some cheap trucks and had fun, but they broke a lot and he worried about driving then. Recently got a 3s senton for myself. It is much more durable so now my son is interested again.

Imo buy used. Your going to beat on it anyway. I just got a nice deal on eBay. Save a bit of money.

Don't go too cheap, you will buy twice. Wish I bit the bullet and started with arrma.

So you have the Granite BLX and your sons need the upgrade? At 7 it’s a tuff call, there are some cheaper fast cars out their. I have a rebranded 1:10 redcat brushless volcano (branded “brontosaurus” of all things) that cost me $115.00. Can not find that deal now as I think they are all gone. Its a screamer on 2s and a nut case on 3s (not recommended) and every part on it is replaceable on eBay. Tower has some good sales as well from time to time unfortunately not on Arrma...
If the cars/trucks are kind of for you maybe keep the 3$ collection going with the Typhon or crew cab.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back