Maryland RC Gathering / Meetup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrma_tigger

Military Veteran
Reaction score
I know a bunch of you have seen the posts of the semi trucks .. for the first time in probably close to 24 months, the Mid Atlantic RC Truckers will be having an RC meetup / get together on April 24 in Frederick, MD and on April 25 in Gaithersburg, MD.

Saturday, April 24, we will be at Hobbytown USA in Frederick, MD from 2-6. All brands and vehicles are welcome - that said, because we are in an active parking lot and a small store, wrecklessness will not be tolerated. There will be no bashing or speed running at this event. Think of it more as a way to show your toys, meet your RC counterparts, look at new stuff in the store, etc.

Sunday April 25, we will be at The Track in Gaithersburg, Maryland from 12-5. All brands and vehicles are welcome - this facility has an indoor dirt track and will allow 2S vehicles to run and also a Mini Z track. The dirt track is an official track - hence the 2S limit. Outdoor speedrunning may occur providing there are no obstacles. Speedrun at your own risk.

If you have semi trucks and can make it out, BRING 'EM OUT!!! If you're interested in the little semi trucks - COME OUT, watch them, talk to us, ask questions!!!

Thread type
Local Hobby Shop
Amenities
  1. Electricity
Sorry 😞 I’m gonna miss that one.

AA9FBB11-1DA4-4B65-8FFE-70701A5AAE3A.png

That's a shame, I was just visiting family in Frederick and Rockville this past weekend. I don't think I'll be able to make it this weekend, have a good time!

Sorry 😞 I’m gonna miss that one.

View attachment 140960
So y'er sayin .. we'll see you in 37 hrs. :)

Me too :( have a great time chaps. Pour a sip on the floor for me!

View attachment 140970
No planes or boats? You won't swim for it?

That's a shame, I was just visiting family in Frederick and Rockville this past weekend. I don't think I'll be able to make it this weekend, have a good time!
Had we known. Not saying it would have changed anything .. but had we known [:ROFLMAO:]. On a serious note, this won't be the last time (unless the Earth blows up or some other disaster, then all bets are off).

Last edited:
@Cheez, @Grimbles, @Spitfire222 .. we were all there, waiting on you guys to show up. :cry:

We had a good day - after about 2 hours of running the semi's around, we decided to give them a rest and run the other cars too. When we hit the parking lot, all heck broke loose! I know someone bought an Outcast. Plenty now want an Infraction / Felony - and mine needs some new tires. :ROFLMAO: Lots of conversation about the semi's.

Today's runs consisted of a DBXL, Maxx (4S), Infraction, XMaxx and 2 AE B74's. Many more were on standby (taking part in a car show if you will). Semi's were King Hauler, Knight Hauler, a stretched Globeliner, 2 Aeromax's and 2 Cascadia's

Last edited:
@Cheez, @Grimbles, @Spitfire222 .. we were all there, waiting on you guys to show up. :cry:

We had a good day - after about 2 hours of running the semi's around, we decided to give them a rest and run the other cars too. When we hit the parking lot, all heck broke loose! I know someone bought an Outcast. Plenty now want an Infraction / Felony - and mine needs some new tires. :ROFLMAO: Lots of conversation about the semi's.

Today's runs consisted of a DBXL, Maxx (4S), Infraction, XMaxx and 2 AE B74's. Many more were on standby (taking part in a car show if you will). Semi's were King Hauler, Knight Hauler, a stretched Globeliner, 2 Aeromax's and 2 Cascadia's
Sounds like a blast, are they planning on having more events? I don't have a semi, but own 10 Arrma rigs. 💪 :cool:

Sounds like a blast, are they planning on having more events? I don't have a semi, but own 10 Arrma rigs. 💪 :cool:
You should have come out - I did post that other brands (and types) were welcome. I'm sure there will be another event .. and I will post before it happens.

Where are all the pic’s?! 🤔

You should have come out - I did post that other brands (and types) were welcome. I'm sure there will be another event .. and I will post before it happens.
Cool! Let me know before the next event. I’d like to check it out. 👍🏼

That little man (8 years old) can drive the heck out of them Semi's. He was driving the yellow / blue Cascadia.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back