RC Juice 6200mah 3S 50C packs on sale, $39.99

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Just an fyi, not sure who all is on the mailing list. I just ordered 2 of these for $39.99 with free shipping.
https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-6200mah-11-1v-3s-50c-lipo-battery.html

Although, my browser tab for the pack shows "HobbyStar 5200mah 22.2v, 6S". So, hoping everything else on the page is accurate...

I've been running a pair of these in my outcast and they give me about 5 minutes more run time than the HRB 5000mah 3S packs. These 6200's average 19-20 minutes of pretty hard running for me and charge capable at 2C.

Just an fyi, not sure who all is on the mailing list. I just ordered 2 of these for $39.99 with free shipping.
https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-6200mah-11-1v-3s-50c-lipo-battery.html

Although, my browser tab for the pack shows "HobbyStar 5200mah 22.2v, 6S". So, hoping everything else on the page is accurate...

I've been running a pair of these in my outcast and they give me about 5 minutes more run time than the HRB 5000mah 3S packs. These 6200's average 19-20 minutes of pretty hard running for me and charge capable at 2C.
Uuuuggghhh! Traxxa$$ plugs! Don't ...........want..........to.............solder................batteries

Soldering is so easy a caveman could do it.

Get out of here with that crap ?
Meh... it's what I started brushless with, brushless revo v1. As I kept buying vehicles, I just kept using traxxas plugs... really don't feel like swapping out 5 trucks, 20+ packs, 10 charger adapters...

Just figured I'd mention it since I bought 2 of them a month ago for $49.99 each. I've run them a few times in my outcast and they perform well. Now I have more packs than I need.. lol, but couldn't ignore the $20 discount over what I paid before.

Now I'm really thinking of trying 6S out in my savage flux hp. Having 8 packs will give me plenty of go time for 2 trucks if I take both out... after my recent nitro pain... just made sense. lol!

Meh... it's what I started brushless with, brushless revo v1. As I kept buying vehicles, I just kept using traxxas plugs... really don't feel like swapping out 5 trucks, 20+ packs, 10 charger adapters...
That's why I'm mad that the new Arrma's come with EC5 connectors everything I have is xt90...... 11 vehicles, 22 batteries and 2 chargers with multiple leads.

Yeah i wish the industry could get over themselves and their proprietary crap and just use a standard for per scale. Example, just make all 1/8 XT-90 or even better XT-150! Getting tired of constantly having to solder. I'm just not that great at it!!

Even a Grumpy Old Man Can do it!
I usually get burned though.:confused:
I burned a hole in my carpet once, I was soldering a battery and I missed my stand and dropped the iron on the floor.
Yeah i wish the industry could get over themselves and their proprietary crap and just use a standard for per scale. Example, just make all 1/8 XT-90 or even better XT-150! Getting tired of constantly having to solder. I'm just not that great at it!!
We would still have Apple I mean Traxxas having to be different than everyone else.

I get why one would want to solder, but wouldn't an adapter plug suffice?

I get why one would want to solder, but wouldn't an adapter plug suffice?
I thought I would use an adapter plug and got a couple. They were the plug to plug type. Deans to EC5 ones. They work but after a few packs the vibration and hits broke the solder joint. If you MUST use adapter plugs I would try the ones with a bit of wire between the two plugs. This may help them last longer. After mine broke I just did it the right way and soldered the proper plug on,so much better that way.

I don't even bother shopping for a battery with the proper connector. If the connector is wrong, I just cut it off and install XT90 connectors. Been soldering since I was 5 yrs old , so even a child can do it.

I burned a hole in my carpet once, I was soldering a battery and I missed my stand and dropped the iron on the floor.

We would still have Apple I mean Traxxas having to be different than everyone else.
I almost always drop some solder on a pants leg but I'm always gonna burn something. I make sure the cats are nowhere near me when I melt solder!

Thanks for letting us know about this deal. This will be my first time trying hobbystar. I've always been a SMC, SMR(until they went out of business) and Genace lipo user. I ordered (2) 4S on the 13th and they arrived today. Now I have to spend 5 mins replacing the xt90 with ec5 connectors.
15579480848636642859424377337991.jpg

Thanks for letting us know about this deal. This will be my first time trying hobbystar. I've always been a SMC, SMR(until they went out of business) and Genace lipo user. I ordered (2) 4S on the 13th and they arrived today. Now I have to spend 5 mins replacing the xt90 with ec5 connectors.View attachment 38320
I ran SMC only for a couple years. Then when I went to 3S, I tried some HRB's and smaller hobbystar's due to the size of the SMC's available at the time not fitting. 1 of the 2 hobby star 5200 45c packs dropped a cell after the fourth cycle in my stampede 4x4. Considered it a fluke and figured I'd try the 6200 50c's for the outcast. They performed a bit better than the HRB's and ran longer, so got another set when the sale was going on. I only have 6-7 cycles on the first set of the 6200's, but so far so good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back