RC Pit Mats. post your work area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd post a pic of my workbench, but I have to build it first lol. Why I waited till this hour on a Sunday to do this, I don't know. In over 40 years of being in r/c, this will be my first all steel workbench, except for the 1 1/2" thick butcher block benchtop. And it's also my first bench kit.

20201122_150129.jpg

My RC and bike workbench.

All the common tools (hex & nut drivers, electric screwdriver and speed tips, wheel tool, vise, wrenches, pliers, hammers, grease, oil, etc.) are readily available on the bench. I have another toolbox for other tools I don't use often (ex.: Shock shaft tool) I have spare parts and diff + shock oils in organizer boxes, but I need to improve that. I have too many spare parts and the organizer boxes are too messy. I will need to clean this up soon.

IMG_20210131_104736.jpg

It is so funny seeing all these nice areas for working on your RC when I work on my kitchen floor :LOL:
I used to work on my dining table... still have the table, it's all dinged up from me hammering stuff. lol!
2004-1102-WorkArea-Messy.JPG

This is my fourth workshop set-up, and so far my biggest and most complete. However, I think many can relate when I say it's in a constant state of "90% finished". It was not big enough for my needs from the beginning, but of course I'm happy with what I have, and already dreaming up plans for a bigger and better one! The actual bench is a hollow-core door propped up on large shelf hangers, which allows for plenty of storage underneath. The only thing I really actually need is a better shop light that I can focus on what I'm working on. A better heating solution would be appreciated for comfort in the winter, but the winters are not that bad here in central VA.

Like many people with hobbies, I have more than one (and I would say too many). So this shop is home to RC airplanes, model rocketry, woodworking, and now, RC cars. I made some space for my two new Typhons on the pegboard, and I just completed a thorough cleaning and lubricating of the red Typhon after a muddy/dirty run. Also, I'm in the middle of an inventorying of my RC hardware and trying to sort/organize them better

Spitfire222_Workshop.jpg

Back