RC Pit Mats. post your work area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Guys ! I only have to MT's right now but here's my messy Wood shop/garage and soon to be RC work Station! : )

View attachment 29646View attachment 29647

Hey Guys! around 11/18 it started getting cold so I put heaters in my Shop/Garage and had to leave the garage closed or let out all my heat so I had to look at Two Plain White Paneled Garage Doors instead of outside like I did all summer so I decided to change the scenery
so I painted my first Wall Mural ! I think it turned ok! Wife Loved It!

Hey Guys! around 11/18 it started getting cold so I put heaters in my Shop/Garage and had to leave the garage closed or let out all my heat so I had to look at Two Plain White Paneled Garage Doors instead of outside like I did all summer so I decided to change the scenery
so I painted my first Wall Mural ! I think it turned ok! Wife Loved It!

View attachment 30685
Well done Slick! Now everyday is a day at the beach. I feel warmer already(y)

Don’t have a dedicated mat yet but I sort of like the one the guy who does the Arrma tech tips and pro tips has. It’s ribbed to stop small pieces from rolling around
Can’t tell if it might just be a rubber “Welcome” mat that he repurposed for his wrench bench

Don’t have a dedicated mat yet but I sort of like the one the guy who does the Arrma tech tips and pro tips has. It’s ribbed to stop small pieces from rolling around
Can’t tell if it might just be a rubber “Welcome” mat that he repurposed for his wrench bench
Thats why I'm gonna order a yoga mat. Dirt cheap and covers lots of area and the one I linked has texture that could aid in preventing rock and roll.

Here's the item# / Model #

Item # 103068 Model # 54330
Kobalt Gray/Black Utility Hook
5 Ratings

3.0 Average
50%Recommend this
product
Community Q&AView Now
  • Product 360 View
  • Product Image 1
  • Product Image 2
  • Product Image 3
In-use/lifestyle images - accessories not included

ONLY AT LOWE'S
$2.98

• Easy to hang and reposition on k-rail wall systems
  • Features a strong design
  • Holds up to 5 lbs

Initial Quantity is set to 1. Max Quantity is set to 9999.
ADD TO CART
SAVE

FREE Store Pickup

23 available today at Torrance Lowe's!
Shipping & Delivery

Available!
CHECK OTHER STORES

Here's the item# / Model #

Item # 103068 Model # 54330
5 Ratings
3.0 Average
50%Recommend this
product
Community Q&AView Now
  • Product 360 View
  • Product Image 1
  • Product Image 2
  • Product Image 3
In-use/lifestyle images - accessories not included

ONLY AT LOWE'S
$2.98

• Easy to hang and reposition on k-rail wall systems
  • Features a strong design
  • Holds up to 5 lbs
Initial Quantity is set to 1. Max Quantity is set to 9999.
ADD TO CART
SAVE

FREE Store Pickup

23 available today at Torrance Lowe's!
Shipping & Delivery

Available!
CHECK OTHER STORES
Thank you! I saved and am focused to find em

Ok. This past weekend and today I made more progress to my workspace / RC Workshop. Still have tons left to fill on those pegboards and haven't brought any vehicles outside yet. Also need to figure out an inexpensive flooring solution. Probably cheap stick-on tile.
I planned to insulate and cover walls but I think I'll wait until fall when I will have saved some more $ to do it best.
I made a small google photos album but I'll stick some choice photos up in the thread when I move forward.
Any input and advice is welcome, please.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cXXbJfYwhdNbSU8n9

Ok. This past weekend and today I made more progress to my workspace / RC Workshop. Still have tons left to fill on those pegboards and haven't brought any vehicles outside yet. Also need to figure out an inexpensive flooring solution. Probably cheap stick-on tile.
I planned to insulate and cover walls but I think I'll wait until fall when I will have saved some more $ to do it best.
I made a small google photos album but I'll stick some choice photos up in the thread when I move forward.

It's hard to tell from the photos, but is there a skylight? A little natural light is the only thing that would be missing. As far as the flooring goes, might I suggest something along these lines:

This would be low maintenance, high grip, and easy to clean. Rubber checker plate can be bought as tile and by the roll. Not sure if it fits into the budget, but being that you will be walking in and out from outside, would be a great choice.

For vehicle storage, you might consider a small section of slat wall:

It is stronger than peg board, and has a multitude of hanger applications. This would look great, and be a good place to put hangers for your vehicles. As far as purchasing this type of thing, I would research companies that sell used store fixtures. I was able to by slat wall, pegboard and tons of clips and hangars from a company like that. Buy used, and save a ton of money. Following this post, is making me want to build a dedicated room in my basement, and use all these ideas in the house.:love:

Nice shop man! !
Insulation... walls and ceiling 100% with exterior wall insulation. Not sure how much u know about it but it makes a huge difference.
Sheet rock is up to u, wont do that much if anything for controlling temps. Where do you live? Im in CT and in the summer my shed is super hot! And i have vents.
Id recommend vents and fan sucking out and one sucking in on either end of shed.

Flooring i would do something flat... nkt like the diamond plate. For me it traps dirt and is not as easy to quickly sweep.
I would look for anything light in solid color without graphics. You drop one thing on a floor like that and its a pita to find.
Either stick on or roll out flooring works great.

Looks like you got the lighting down! I like work lights and low chill lights also.

If your planning on hanging a screen for YouTubing check out www.monoprice.com for mounts and all wiring needs.

Pinterest for all shed ideas! So many ways to model your shop

#1 question is... what beer is that??

Back