RC Pit Mats. post your work area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you drafted your teenagers to help with all the moving. ?
I wish! The nice thing about the change though, is that I have my pc right beside me now, and don't have to use my phone or tablet to go on the web, or more importantly, keep tabs on the Arrma Forum.;)

Agreed and very important. I don't enjoy responding or posting at the forum on my smaller devices either. PC inside and smacbook outside. And sometimes when I get tired in the shop and retire to the house and back in front of my pc, I'm back at it again. lol

Added a lamp and charger and outcast since my last post in may of last year. I was just a Arrma forum browser back then!

My wife actually got me a floor standing magnifying LED lamp as well that isn't in the photo. I have it strapped to the left side of my work bench. Would have come in really handy when I was rebuilding my losi micro high roller and back when I worked on my blade MSR... still useful when soldering.

Really nice having a good lamp over my vice and parts bins though. No idea how I lived without it!
2019-0417-WorkBench.jpg

Added a lamp and charger and outcast since my last post in may of last year. I was just a Arrma forum browser back then!

My wife actually got me a floor standing magnifying LED lamp as well that isn't in the photo. I have it strapped to the left side of my work bench. Would have come in really handy when I was rebuilding my losi micro high roller and back when I worked on my blade MSR... still useful when soldering.

Really nice having a good lamp over my vice and parts bins though. No idea how I lived without it!
2019-0417-WorkBench.jpg
Nice. It works so well its casting shadows!
That's one thing I've been thinking about getting for my bench. Maybe a shop light or two would really brighten up that room.

same here man and my work bench is where I want it when I want it on the bed kitchen table living room table ..I got options here
I bought a rubber boot mat/tray from Walmart and put a towel in that to work on for the same reason.

I bought a rubber boot mat/tray from Walmart and put a towel in that to work on for the same reason.
one day I'll do something nice I just don't have the space right now having a 2 month old little boy it's nice to be able to wrench where I need to so I can keep an eye on him first kid and he kinda took over are spare room where I used to keep all my hobbie stuff .... I can say I gave up my little man cave for a good reason lol

same here man and my work bench is where I want it when I want it on the bed kitchen table living room table ..I got options here
I used to work on my plywood covered workbench and then I bought two of these from Walmart. I bought a blue one to use on top of my work bench and I also bought a green one and cut it smaller to use as a field pit mat. I got them on sale for like $4.99 and love them so far. I'll never go back to working on a wood surface again but couldn't pull myself to spend $15-30 on an actual rc pit mat lol.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Athletic...V4hw0xRGgQxQ07K6DOAuBVH7ZlKIYWUcaAhvYEALw_wcB

one day I'll do something nice I just don't have the space right now having a 2 month old little boy it's nice to be able to wrench where I need to so I can keep an eye on him first kid and he kinda took over are spare room where I used to keep all my hobbie stuff .... I can say I gave up my little man cave for a good reason lol
Hey congrats man! My first is about 16 months now and I hear you. Best thing like suggested is the yoga Matt on table in house. The only downside is setup, work then clean up and put everything away. But ya you have to be around them 24/7 when they are tiny tots... Even when they get a little older too but it's different. I used to do the same thing but now I head out to the garage for some fresh air or sanity.

Hey congrats man! My first is about 16 months now and I hear you. Best thing like suggested is the yoga Matt on table in house. The only downside is setup, work then clean up and put everything away. But ya you have to be around them 24/7 when they are tiny tots... Even when they get a little older too but it's different. I used to do the same thing but now I head out to the garage for some fresh air or sanity.
yeah I can imagine lol I'll be happy when I can start teaching him how to work on things it's a new experience for sure being a father

but thanks man it's a blessing above all others

Congratulations on being a Dad. My kiddos are what got me out of this hobby for awhile. Just didn't have the spare time, space or money. My son is now 13 and we're now enjoying this together. I'd say the most challenging but funniest age range is the toddler age. Challenging bc they're mobile but still oblivious and funny bc of how they react to all of their new discoveries.
So mind all of your RC bits and pieces or you know where they'll end up...??. ?
Good luck and enjoy every moment!!

Congratulations on being a Dad. My kiddos are what got me out of this hobby for awhile. Just didn't have the spare time, space or money. My son is now 13 and we're now enjoying this together. I'd say the most challenging but funniest age range is the toddler age. Challenging bc they're mobile but still oblivious and funny bc of how they react to all of their new discoveries.
So mind all of your RC bits and pieces or you know where they'll end up...??. ?
Good luck and enjoy every moment!!
lol thanks man i know I'm looking fwd to watching him grow times flying by already but yeah I kinda budget myself so i don't go overboard and i try to stick to it so the wife don't kill me ...but the she knows this is my way to let off steam and all that good stuff so she don't mind as long as I stay in a reasonable price range

Nice. It works so well its casting shadows!
That's one thing I've been thinking about getting for my bench. Maybe a shop light or two would really brighten up that room.
It's brighter at my workbench than the camera shows. I do like a dark room though. When I'm working, I have all lights off except one little LED light shining down over my monitor on the desk and one LED light behind the monitor pointed at the wall to give a bit of backlight.

Currently set up impromptu in game room. It's nice bc it's comfortable and we can take breaks and play some Ultimate Smash Bros!! Future spot has been "claimed" using flags before the misses comes up with something more practical for the space. Lol

Present:
IMG_20190502_185053748.jpg

Future:
IMG_20190502_185053748.jpg
IMG_20190502_190610881.jpg

So this is my work-space. Plenty of space for now but for every new RC it gets more crammed. :sneaky:
Tv for watching rc clips on YouTube while wrenching and chair to rest those tired legs. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 123
So this is my work-space. Plenty of space for now but for every new RC it gets more crammed. :sneaky:
Tv for watching rc clips on YouTube while wrenching and chair to rest those tired legs. :cool:

I need a better chair for sure. My current one is a 1990's old bar stool with high back :confused:
Kills my back since it's the wrong height for my bench which is a little higher than standard since I'm fairly tall.

Great setup.

I’m about to upgrade a few things in my garage and was looking for inspiration from all of you and steal your ideas. Lets share our work spaces !
Mine is in the garage, all to myself.
I like to keep things in order but i’m not a clean freak either.

D130C237-66E4-4C40-AAE9-15AAE2FC0303.jpeg

Thanks for sharing!!

James

Back