RC Pit Mats. post your work area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yoga block and mat... $14.00 at Walmart...

Attachments

• 20190311_224106.jpg
    20190311_224106.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 92
I like that yoga block idea above for sure. View attachment 32405
Yeah, can get them pretty cheap on ebay/amazon and then you can modify them to fit whatever truck you need to put on them. I only have 2 that are flat bottomed. The rest are all goofy.

I just got this mat in, don't mind the mess. Theres a method to my madness!

Attachments

• 20190311_234724.jpg
    20190311_234724.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 20190311_235728.jpg
    20190311_235728.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 102
:) for sure. A shop/man cave isnt complete without some viewing and listening gear. "Shop" Speakers are super cheap and almost free sometimes and monitors are super cheap new now a days but usually youll have something old or can find something used thats more then decent quality for garage/shed viewing. Then theres always future upgrades to that when you really know what you desire to invest in. So as an example, tonight i just went out to a new local place that does BYOB Axe throwing! https://www.blueoxaxethrowing.com/ i had a great time and said to myself, self you need this in your garage. Lol it'll never happen because wifey is right above me sleeping but im definitely making a pine target to continue the fun at home outside. Already have the exact eastwing axe too;)
Its just the little side entertainment things that make a shop more like a entertainment area and more inviting for others to enjoy it. At least thats what i try to do. Tools and Toys for life!
View attachment 31978View attachment 31979View attachment 31980
I started throwing Axes & knifes in back yard about 5 yrs. ago when next door Neighbor had 2 hugh pine tree cut down & she gave me
3 pieces (stumps) 24 tall x 24 to 22 in. across to use for my woodshop projects & fist thing I thought of since I collect all kinds of Bladed
Objects : ) was to make an Easel (stand) and 2 in. thick piece of 24 in. stump & I've been throwing Steel ever since!! : ) : )

Time to get some real work done. No more excuses or putting off the repairs and upgrades.
Two vehicles taken out to the shop and five more on deck. Two planes, a few quadcopters all need to make way out to their new home (out of my house.) Its exciting for me.

Yoga blocks came today. More useful than I first thought. Since they’re rectangular, you can lay them flat and fully support my Kraton with the wheels off the surface. Or, turn them on edge, still very stable with two and raised the car up to a more comfortable height when I’m standing. Great suggestion!

Time to get some real work done. No more excuses or putting off the repairs and upgrades.
Two vehicles taken out to the shop and five more on deck. Two planes, a few quadcopters all need to make way out to their new home (out of my house.) Its exciting for me.
View attachment 32513
It just occurred to me, and I'm not sure if anyone else suggested it, but you might want to grab up a couple of these:

This is just an example, as they have multitudes of size combinations. But parts, manuals and other miscellaneous items are stored away nicely in these types of units. Shop looks great by the way. Happy to have been here to watch the journey. Congratulations!

It just occurred to me, and I'm not sure if anyone else suggested it, but you might want to grab up a couple of these:
View attachment 32515
This is just an example, as they have multitudes of size combinations. But parts, manuals and other miscellaneous items are stored away nicely in these types of units. Shop looks great by the way. Happy to have been here to watch the journey. Congratulations!
Thanks. Yes, I need something for manuals and spares specific to each vehicle. So many options out there and hard to choose. But certainly need an organization system for the manuals and included pinions and small tool set. Each drawer could be labeled.
Your suggestion of the portable AC is working out well and I've fashioned a flange / interface to meet it to one of the vents in the back wall of the shed rather than using up my single window. It cools and dehumidifies with timers and remote control.

Yoga blocks came today. More useful than I first thought. Since they’re rectangular, you can lay them flat and fully support my Kraton with the wheels off the surface. Or, turn them on edge, still very stable with two and raised the car up to a more comfortable height when I’m standing. Great suggestion!
U have a link? Are there different brands or sizes?
Thanks!

Finally got around to working on the sheds workbench. This one is much longer than the one in my attached garage, it's 12' feet long and about 2 1/2 feet deep.

Insulation is installed behind the plywood and peg board in case I do decide to fully insulate the shed. The lights are LED shop lights from Costco. Need to buy some more tools which will be stored and hung on the wall as well as I'm waiting for my monitor wall mount to hang another computer up in the corner similar to what my garage work bench has.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. I haven't decided if I'm going to move the RC stuff out to the shed or not or use the attached garage as my RC only area.

Talion hasn't made it out yet with it's busted wing mount and terrain crushers. I miss it. It'll be in healing soon.
Another glimpse in too much light. Nothing is permanent; we're growing in.
Floor models are trucks that need repair.
The pegboard is temp and I know not sturdy enough.
there's more too. :rolleyes:

Talion hasn't made it out yet with it's busted wing mount and terrain crushers. I miss it. It'll be in healing soon.
Another glimpse in too much light. Nothing is permanent; we're growing in.
Floor models are trucks that need repair.
The pegboard is temp and I know not sturdy enough.
there's more too. :rolleyes:
View attachment 34797
The peg board is holding a fair amount, and should be fine if it doesn't get wet. Your collection is huge and the space is beautiful. One more sheet of pegboard will open it up a fair amount. Try covering it with a sheet of thin plastic, and forcing the hangers through when and where you need them.

So it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Had the Noto ready to go for a run, and I heard this, "are you going to play with your toy truck today?" Little did I know that there were other plans already in the making. I spent the last five hours moving my work bench to a different part of the basement so my teenage boys would have more room to hang out with their friends. What was once my office, is now also my rc work area. Anyways, here's some pics of where I've been crammed into.
20190428_164210.jpg
20190428_164156.jpg
20190428_164145.jpg

I prefer to use an old towel for 2 reasons:
  1. When I drop a fastener, it stays put, doesn't roll away.
  2. I'm cheap and have plenty
same here man and my work bench is where I want it when I want it on the bed kitchen table living room table ..I got options here

Attachments

• 20190426_142006.jpg
    20190426_142006.jpg
    613.4 KB · Views: 68
So it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Had the Noto ready to go for a run, and I heard this, "are you going to play with your toy truck today?" Little did I know that there were other plans already in the making. I spent the last five hours moving my work bench to a different part of the basement so my teenage boys would have more room to hang out with their friends. What was once my office, is now also my rc work area. Anyways, here's some pics of where I've been crammed into.View attachment 36750View attachment 36751View attachment 36752
I couldn't have my office in my workshop the combined mess would do my head in. You've kept yours pretty tidy though

I couldn't have my office in my workshop the combined mess would do my head in. You've kept yours pretty tidy though
This is day one. One tear down of the Noto, and I'm sure it's gonna be a different story.

Back