RC Pit Mats. post your work area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Dustin Mustangs yeah those are just normal portable toolboxes. The one @Micromodder has is a more compact version. My dad has one too, but I think it's from snap-on and cost something crazy. They are just small, usually about a foot or so wide and 4-5 drawers. Perfect though for some wrenches, and other smaller tools without taking up much space at all.

Curious as to what you guys use during track day for a pit mat or on the work bench and to share what I'm using as well.

I use three different work or pit mats on my workbench and shelves:
  • Hobbico Builders Cutting Mat - this is always on the workbench and has handy rulers on it as well as a great cutting surface when cutting out decals and so on.
  • CowRC Pit Mat - I have a couple different sized flat mats that I use from CowRC. Since these are magnetic these pit mats are PERFECT when working on your RC's as they tend to catch or hold any loose screws, nuts, washers, etc. No more looking on the floor for a dropped screw.
  • Upgrade RC Mat - These used to be my go to mat when working on my RC's but CowRC has replaced them since CowRC is magnetic. The Upgrade RC mats are super thick rubber and are very nice but have now been been assigned to my wire rack shelf where I store RC's on them.

Here's an older picture of my work area, it's since been upgraded with a computer in the corner and several more tools and currently a disassembled Stampede that I'm building up for my son.

workbench.jpg

What are you guys using?
What kind of driver is that?

I might be moving my stuff out to the shed as well. Just spent a weekend digging, laying conduit and pulling electrical wire out to it, so I'll soon have electricity out there. :D

That's the way to do it. I buried my electrical line as well. I'd like to run a separate electrical line for the air compressor I'm getting. My brother lives next door so I've been taking my Outcast over there to blow it off.

When out bashing, most the areas I run at have a picnic table area at them, so if I have to do serious wrenching, I go there and lay out my tools and whatnot.

At home, my workbench is in my office.

Gets claustrophobic at times and could definitely use a few more drawers for parts.
2018-0403-TruckRacks&Bench.jpg

Moved into the new house a few weeks ago and finally got everything pretty much like I want it

In the process of building a 900w charging station to round out the upgrades

IMG_7774.JPG

Back