RC Pit Mats. post your work area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
Curious as to what you guys use during track day for a pit mat or on the work bench and to share what I'm using as well.

I use three different work or pit mats on my workbench and shelves:
  • Hobbico Builders Cutting Mat - this is always on the workbench and has handy rulers on it as well as a great cutting surface when cutting out decals and so on.
  • CowRC Pit Mat - I have a couple different sized flat mats that I use from CowRC. Since these are magnetic these pit mats are PERFECT when working on your RC's as they tend to catch or hold any loose screws, nuts, washers, etc. No more looking on the floor for a dropped screw.
  • Upgrade RC Mat - These used to be my go to mat when working on my RC's but CowRC has replaced them since CowRC is magnetic. The Upgrade RC mats are super thick rubber and are very nice but have now been been assigned to my wire rack shelf where I store RC's on them.

Here's an older picture of my work area, it's since been upgraded with a computer in the corner and several more tools and currently a disassembled Stampede that I'm building up for my son.

workbench.jpg

What are you guys using?

Thanks for posting these @WoodiE. I have been meaning to get one but wasn't sure which are preferred. Magnetic seems like a must have feature imo. I currently use cardboard for dirty jobs (i.e. My granite 99% of the time) or a towel for clean jobs. Cardboard makes cleanup a breeze and the towel does a great job of catching small parts and hardware before they have a chance of bouncing around and getting lost.

I was just thinking about building myself a work place. You are giving me some inspiration Woodie...;)...Thx...
I am just afraid I will need to fence it off, probably with some electric...:D
I have two pairs of grabby little hands, with a extra set coming in...Its becoming dangerous to leave stuff around. o_O
The magnet pit-mats are something I am going to look into. I must admit that it is pretty hard to get some of the stuff you guys can get (for those prices) over here...:cool:
Anyway, you gave me a nice little project for next few weeks...:)

I use an old towel too but I've been looking into one of those cowrc starter packs. Everyone seems to say nothing but good things about it.

Hi

I like your work station, I'm in the proses of converting the closet of my TV Room into a RC work station. It wont look as good as your but it will do for me.

Man oh man @WoodiE , thats a nice set up! Thats more organized than my house is. Something like that would last me about 5 min. Then there would be 5 or 6 different projects half tore apart with, tools, screws, nuts, parts, bolts, spread out everywhere, getting all mixed up. ..lol.. Being adhd, my internal filing cabinet is supper messy. The house is ok, but I let loose in the garage, its out of control. If I drop a screw its lost in the abyss forever....
Oh yeah, pit mats, thats what you where talking about.... Well i have three, i guess you would call pit mats also...
First one is the main one, its a sony 12" house subwoofer inclosure. It kinda sucks, things fall off all the time, and i cant turn it up very loud because then everything starts jiggling. Sorry no link.
Second one is a box. Works ok, but things still fall off when i bump it or something. There is no vibration though, thats a plus+. Sorry no link.
Third one is a bucket with a lid on it. This one is kinda small. Good thing is, nothing falls off. It has a lip around it that stops things from falling off.. Sorry no link.
Here is a pic of my workstation, don't ask me how im able to get anything done, cuz IDK...

20160222_164728.jpg

don't be a Hater, we all got issues. I know what mine are, and remember i was born like this, whats your excuse...lol..Just kidding..:p:D;):cool:

Where's Waldo??? There is an aluminum Arrma hinge pin brace in the picture..Can You Find it?
To easy for you?...
Then find the old school GP nimh pack.

Last edited:
Man oh man @WoodiE , thats a nice set up! Thats more organized than my house is....
don't be a Hater, we all got issues. I know what mine are, and remember i was born like this, whats your excuse...lol..Just kidding..:p:D;):cool:

Where's Waldo??? There is an aluminum Arrma hinge pin brace in the picture..Can You Find it?
To easy for you?...
Then find the old school GP NiMh pack.

I was sipping a nice Chardonnay, enjoying a little catch-up at AF, then had to clean up monitor when I spit Kendall-Jackson on the monitor after reading your post. :D:p:cool:

Lol...I know, i know.. its out of control.. It may seem crazy to the norms, even to me sometimes. Just like someone with autism or ocd, there lives are lived different then others... Im gonna work on it someday.;).. But in the meantime im enjoying my rc cars and other things in life instead..
Sometimes "It is what it is" and you go with it..
I wise man once said
"I am what I am, and thats all that I am" :D
Did you find the arrma hinge brace and the batteries?..
If you look closely you can find some interesting things... When i do happen allow some one in, they are allways amazed..and not just cuz its a mess:p... Like for instance.. The Old school (over 10 years) maxAmps batteries, that where probably made in his garage, and they cost me more than 2 of my rc cars put together.

Last edited:
Lol...I know, i know.. its out of control.. It may seem crazy to the norms, even to me sometimes. Just like someone with autism or ocd, there lives are lived different then others... Im gonna work on it someday.;).. But in the meantime im enjoying my rc cars and other things in life instead..
Sometimes "It is what it is" and you go with it..
I wise man once said
"I am what I am, and thats all that I am" :D
Did you find the Arrma hinge brace and the batteries?..
If you look closely you can find some interesting things... When i do happen allow some one in, they are allways amazed..and not just cuz its a mess:p... Like for instance.. The Old school (over 10 years) maxAmps batteries, that where probably made in his garage, and they cost me more than 2 of my rc cars put together.

Only glanced, I'm multi-tasking, doing GoPro editing while checking out AF.
Like you said, "enjoying it". Wifey, in her fun way, tossed at me earlier, "I think you have more fun fixing those things than breaking them", then lol'd... :D:p
She's right! :cool:

Man oh man @WoodiE , thats a nice set up! Thats more organized than my house is. Something like that would last me about 5 min. Then there would be 5 or 6 different projects half tore apart with, tools, screws, nuts, parts, bolts, spread out everywhere, getting all mixed up. ..lol.. Being adhd, my internal filing cabinet is supper messy. The house is ok, but I let loose in the garage, its out of control. If I drop a screw its lost in the abyss forever....
Oh yeah, pit mats, thats what you where talking about.... Well i have three, i guess you would call pit mats also...
First one is the main one, its a sony 12" house subwoofer inclosure. It kinda sucks, things fall off all the time, and i cant turn it up very loud because then everything starts jiggling. Sorry no link.
Second one is a box. Works ok, but things still fall off when i bump it or something. There is no vibration though, thats a plus+. Sorry no link.
Third one is a bucket with a lid on it. This one is kinda small. Good thing is, nothing falls off. It has a lip around it that stops things from falling off.. Sorry no link.
Here is a pic of my workstation, don't ask me how im able to get anything done, cuz IDK...

950-6971f74972b75f5fafdad8f701ad3184.jpg

To easy for you?...
Then find the old school GP NiMh pack.

Crazy nice insane PIC :D i like it man :) never seen something else like this

Thanks.. its a work of art;). You will never see another like it..lol...
Life can be so complicated, yet so simple at the same time. don't sweat the small stuff to much, enjoy life by helping others.

Now that i look closer @WoodiE bench. It almost looks like an endcap at a store. Mabey he went to his local mom and pops hardware store for something .. saw this.. and took a picture with his phone...:rolleyes:

Back