RC Price increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hpiracer

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hs anyone noticed an increase in the cost of RC cars since they were released?. Some cars used to be $200 now they are $260.

That's what increasingly limited supply and increasingly higher demand does to prices. I'm willing to bet, once this Pandemic is behind us, the market will see an influx of used RC's for sale. Just like boats and campers.

That's what increasingly limited supply and increasingly higher demand does to prices. I'm willing to bet, once this Pandemic is behind us, the market will see an influx of used RC's for sale. Just like boats and campers.
What cars have you noticed that has increased in price?
We’re also in the middle of a massive inflation spike so everything is going up in price with no immediate end in sight

Specific models and chassis' of 1/10 touring cars are out of control. I finally just go a couple of Tamiya TT-02 models with the Zackspeed Capri body for a reasonable price. They're $150 rollers or sometimes brushed normally, but they were going for north of $250 over the past few months. Shipping out of China isn't helping...Hong Kong post keeps suspending air mail, and then if it's coming in through California, it's even worse, so I think people are paying premiums if they can avoid that mess, and shipping rates are increasing because of the backlog and companies needing to re-coup from their ships sitting in a port for 14 days. Not so much the cars or chassis', but parts for no-prep drag cars are getting pretty ridiculous, because no-prep has boomed in popularity over the past few years.

We’re also in the middle of a massive inflation spike so everything is going up in price with no immediate end in sight
Can only pump so much into a bubble before it pops lol

Not trying to be a downer but the CEO needs to increase his profit every quarter no mater what it does to the average consumer. That’s enough negativity for me for now anyway. Personally I’ll hold off until there is a sale.

Inflation has everything up, food, gas, you name it. Used cars are up 40% in the last year. My neighbor just sold his 2019 Challenger Hellcat with 12K miles for more than he paid new.

Does anyone have info on whether the price would lower once covid is over?
Nobody in the world can know with absolute certainty, but logic and history tells us that prices won't drop unless they go through a pretty significant sales drop, so it's highly unlikely. Fortunately, there are many sales at various places throughout the year on a lot of popular Arrma models, so if you keep your eyes open you can save a few bucks.

As a farmer,
Part of the problem in the agriculture (food/farming) sector comes from poor decision making by our current administration byway of the treasury dept. through sanctions and inflated tariffs on fertilizer imports. This is nothing more than political posturing that helps the EU but harms the US farming industry greatly by increasing our overhead costs before growing season even starts.
Prices today are over 200% higher for fertilizer vs 2 years ago at this time, and that’s helping to drive up food prices for everyone across the board. The US govt could change that tomorrow by completely ending sanctions on potash fertilizer imports from Belarus’ but now with tensions rising between Russia and Ukraine its not likely, thus pulling 30% of the supply and causing a supply shortage.
That’s just a small piece of the puzzle for increasing prices in one sector.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back