RC tool kit check it out.

Thread starter #1

Trapper

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
This was on another basher page thought I'd share it to you all. Just bought one for myself and will be trying it out.

Also on the page I saw this on it was said that Lowe's is phasing out kobalt products for Craftsman so these won't be around forever...

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-73-Piece-Screwdriver-Bit-Set/1000248547

arrmaracing

Arrma RC's
Fury, Kraton, Outcast, Senton, Talion, Typhon
Wow thats pretty cheap. I just bought 3 MIP hex driver set for $25 each. Are they any good quality?

Thread starter #3

Trapper

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
I don't know. I bought them because it doesn't hurt to have toold handy. Will review then once they come in. Bought them also in the event the whole craftsman taking over kobalt's spot in Lowe's happens sooner rather than later.

arrmaracing

Arrma RC's
Fury, Kraton, Outcast, Senton, Talion, Typhon
Careful not to strip your screw as i purchased cheap tools which end up costing me $200 worth of damage

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
Seems like a decent price, if it has the allen hex sizes we need. I may pop over to Lowes and check it out at lunch. Maybe pick up one for my son as his first tool kit. Then he can stop borrowing mine... LOL

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
So I went an looked at this set at the store... Basically the only usable tools are 4 hex drivers(Metric 1.5,2,2.5,3), maybe 2 or 3 nut drivers, and a few screwdriver. plus 50 other parts that are useless for us.

A shame really. When I was starting in RC, there were lots of small tool sets like this that would work. Now, nothing really. Every set has only a few tools you can use, and a huge pile of waste, just so they can make it seem like a good deal.

Guess Dynamite is about the only choice for a proper 'set'.

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
That dynamite set would be a nice set to have for your field bag. I like MIP hex bits for use at home with my lithium driver.

bolorc

Arrma RC's
Kraton
Protek hex drivers are great, not sure if they have a kit though. They seemed to last longer than the dynamite set for me.

Reckedchevy68

Arrma RC's
Raider
I have one of the Kobalt sets.
I will say I ended up buying the MIP 3pc.
The Kobalt allens are I'll fitting.
The Kobalt set now resides in a box unless something odd shows up that it will work on.