RC wiki?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xplatinum

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Is there a site or wiki somewhere that explains every detail about RCs? For example differentials : how they work, what type of fluid, how it affects the diffs, etc. Having just recently started this hobby I feel like there's many things I don't know of and even more things I don't know that I don't know :)

It would be nice to have a single place where I can read up on.

I can't recall a "RC only" wiki site, but taking your own example of differentials - RC diffs work the same way as a diff in a 1:1 car as do many other aspects of RC "parts".

So if you find this info you can find from 1:1 cars can be easily carried over into RC just the same.

Is there a site or wiki somewhere that explains every detail about RCs? For example differentials : how they work, what type of fluid, how it affects the diffs, etc. Having just recently started this hobby I feel like there's many things I don't know of and even more things I don't know that I don't know :)

It would be nice to have a single place where I can read up on.
You may want to try a couple of online magazines, Big Squid and RC driver are a couple of good ones.

I would say this forum is as close as you are going to get explaining everything to know about RC cars.
Sure there are more brands out there but the basics are all the same no mater what brand.
Good luck and welcome to the land of RC!!!

I can't recall a "RC only" wiki site, but taking your own example of differentials - RC diffs work the same way as a diff in a 1:1 car as do many other aspects of RC "parts".

So if you find this info you can find from 1:1 cars can be easily carried over into RC just the same.
You're on the best site for Arrma information and tips that I've ever found. Honestly just google what you want to know and there thousands of sites with great information out there. Googling stuff is how I learned how to program flight controllers and how I figured out the diff oils I use in my short courses and a whole slew of other information. The internet is a wonderful place sometimes. Plus you can always post here on arrmaforums and we are all always willing to help in whatever capacity we can. Welcome to the wonderful world of RC I've been at this on and off for almost 30 years now and I am always learning something new.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back