Rcawd and gpm parts quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RC AWD is the absolute worst stuff out there. People were bending the limitless dogbones doing 70-90 mph test runs at half throttle. Very low strength metal alloy.
Certain GPM parts are good it can be hit or miss. The low cost is there for a reason.

Ultimately you should never use aluminum in certain key areas like a-arms unless it is just a shelf queen.

Last edited:
I don't have any RC4WD stuff. I've got a little experience with GPM. My thoughts:

GPM Shocks - An upgrade from 3s shocks in certain ways. Fit and finish is good, I haven't had issues with leaking. Some claim they're a pain to bleed, I haven't had issues with mine. They hold up well to general driving/bashing, but I wouldn't send something 20 feet up in the air with them...best to switch to factory 6s shocks for that.

GPM Turnbuckles - I've had zero issues with them. Fit and finish is great...I've used their aluminum and steel with no problems.

GPM A-Arms - I've got a set on a few street rigs. They're beautifully made and hold up well to driving...improved handling on both of the cars I've got them on. I wouldn't put them on anything too heavy and definitely not on anything that's gonna see jumps or heavy bashing, as they'll either bend or break more expensive parts.

GPM Knuckles - Great quality, beautiful fit and finish. I've had zero issues, indistinguishable in quality from Hot Racing.

GPM Drive Shafts (3s) - Good quality, good fit and finish. Have held up well on 3s power on a Vorteks that sees some decent jumps.

Quality and those 2 companies do not belong in the same sentence. As mentioned above a lot of their parts are just parts for shelf queens, quality and fitment can be hit or miss.

I don't have any of the RCAWD parts for Arrma but I have some of their stuff for another rc and it is all useless bling parts. They either didn't fit or they added slop to the suspension because nothing was made to tolerance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back