RCAWD Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my understanding they haver a thicker core shaft then stock this might be good for a general basher. But will lead to having to drill out any valve set you want to use other then the ones they come with making shock tuning much more of a pain.

What I was really hoping is that the upper and lower caps plus the spring collar will transfer to the stock shocks. It's worth that alone.

I've ordered from AliExpress a few times, idk if I have the moment to wait on shipping from China since I'm relocating soon. It's been faster lately, but you still get some items that are slow.

Historically speaking the RC AWD parts have very weak metals compared to other products.

It's one of those areas I think I can get away with how I use my infraction. Expensive and cheap parts where I see fit are used in it.

Like I definitely wouldn't use driveshafts or motor mounts lower quality than stock on any rc.

I have these on two cars so far and in a nutshell I'd rate them as average...C+ to B- grade. They haven't leaked yet which is a definite plus when comparing them to those other Ebay specials that tend to leak almost immediately. The shock bodies seem to be good quality and the shafts are OK...keep in mind I'm no shock expert. I'm not a speed runner either so precision tuning is not my bag. I do speed bash and these have held up to that. I don't think I'd use them for much else though. One area where they could be improved is the springs. The springs are extremely rigid (which may be a plus depending on how you use the car)...not plush at all. I've considered swapping in the the stock springs to see if that gives me any improvement. Keep in mind also that I don't beat my cars up (too bad) and I'm not breaking any records...just enjoy gong as fast as possible and learning how to drive and handle speed. They look great "cosmetically". I like the chrome look and didn't wanna go through anodizing the stockers and messing up something. In summation I'd say try them out if your budget allows for experimentation...you might like them for what you do. But be prepared to upgrade the springs at the least. That being said I've had stock springs bottom out on me too so its all hit or miss as far as I'm concerned. I probably wouldn't try to swap in parts from the stock shocks either...might as well just use the stock ones at that point. The stock ones are pretty good IMHO...I just don't care for the red color.

I have these on two cars so far and in a nutshell I'd rate them as average...C+ to B- grade. They haven't leaked yet which is a definite plus when comparing them to those other Ebay specials that tend to leak almost immediately. The shock bodies seem to be good quality and the shafts are OK...keep in mind I'm no shock expert. I'm not a speed runner either so precision tuning is not my bag. I do speed bash and these have held up to that. I don't think I'd use them for much else though. One area where they could be improved is the springs. The springs are extremely rigid (which may be a plus depending on how you use the car)...not plush at all. I've considered swapping in the the stock springs to see if that gives me any improvement. Keep in mind also that I don't beat my cars up (too bad) and I'm not breaking any records...just enjoy gong as fast as possible and learning how to drive and handle speed. They look great "cosmetically". I like the chrome look and didn't wanna go through anodizing the stockers and messing up something. In summation I'd say try them out if your budget allows for experimentation...you might like them for what you do. But be prepared to upgrade the springs at the least. That being said I've had stock springs bottom out on me too so its all hit or miss as far as I'm concerned. I probably wouldn't try to swap in parts from the stock shocks either...might as well just use the stock ones at that point. The stock ones are pretty good IMHO...I just don't care for the red color.

Good to know, but I went another route... but if swapping stock internals and springs are possible it would a bargain for the aluminum caps and collars. I was afraid the bottom cap wouldn't be compatible with the stock 5mm shafts or any thread pitch differences.

I tossed the saggy V2 Infraction springs a long time ago and got all the Arrma upgrade springs, I run the 32lbs all around and I have the 38lb springs on hand. It would be nice to know the mystery spring rate is on the AWDs. Probably could measure the thickness of the spring wire and make an estimate of how stiff it is compared to what Arrma lists for their springs.

I decided to try bleeder caps because I have no luck building bladders. (so far so good with bleeders!) I rebuilt the Infraction shocks with all TLRT internals, totally worth it! It soaks up the bumps at speed, it's almost like a differnt RC now. I have to redial the chassis again a little bit now, but it will be perfect when it's done.

Good to know, but I went another route... but if swapping stock internals and springs are possible it would a bargain for the aluminum caps and collars. I was afraid the bottom cap wouldn't be compatible with the stock 5mm shafts or any thread pitch differences.

I tossed the saggy V2 Infraction springs a long time ago and got all the Arrma upgrade springs, I run the 32lbs all around and I have the 38lb springs on hand. It would be nice to know the mystery spring rate is on the AWDs. Probably could measure the thickness of the spring wire and make an estimate of how stiff it is compared to what Arrma lists for their springs.

I decided to try bleeder caps because I have no luck building bladders. (so far so good with bleeders!) I rebuilt the Infraction shocks with all TLRT internals, totally worth it! It soaks up the bumps at speed, it's almost like a differnt RC now. I have to redial the chassis again a little bit now, but it will be perfect when it's done.
You put the work in to get the feel and optimization that you wanted. Kudos to you cause I ain't nowhere near that level! LOL I'm just getting to the point where I can do 90% of a build without stripping screws. I've just recently began to take the the time and effort to getting the diffs running smooth (and that's just the regular open diffs..I've never even touched an LSD). Eventually I'll get to redoing shocks as I improve my wrenching skills. I just try different brands and springs to see what I can get to work best for my level of driving skill. I'd love to try building a shock with TLRT internals cause IMHO that's the best shock Arrma makes right now in terms of plushness and overall control...and "cosmetically" (which is important to me cause I like my RCs to look good) I love the all black look of them. LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back