$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is getting completely OUT OF HAND! I’m totally obsessed with Arrma ❤ All I think about is RC’s ? Any free time I have I’m piss pounding the heck out of my trucks!!! Can’t decide which I like more bashing or fixing. Honestly! And now this dang forum I can’t stop coming here.... I’ve lost my mind ? but the thing is...
I ❤ it.

rather bash... fixing is fun too if you have the parts... if not, you're waiting. lol

rather bash... fixing is fun too if you have the parts... if not, you're waiting. lol
That’s the other problem I have, the fedex/ups delivery guys Won’t stop delivering parts to my house! ?

That’s the other problem I have, the fedex/ups delivery guys Won’t stop delivering parts to my house! ?

yeah i know how that is... The other day i went to mailbox after a few days and it was full of parts... i love that... waiting for an m2c and voltage delivery sat.. cant wait...!

This is getting completely OUT OF HAND! I’m totally obsessed with Arrma ❤ All I think about is RC’s ? Any free time I have I’m piss pounding the heck out of my trucks!!! Can’t decide which I like more bashing or fixing. Honestly! And now this dang forum I can’t stop coming here.... I’ve lost my mind ? but the thing is...
I ❤ it.
For me, it doesn't have to be Arrma, but, that may be why i constantly have to get parts. For most of my vehicles, i always need something, especially on my Fury and DHK Raz-R, but, very little on my Granite and DHK Hunter. On the Fury, i fried yet another HobbyWing ESC, and, since i have the first gen, i am always messing with the rear diff, which either breaks gears, or the washers behind the planetary gears get coned, or the servo quits. Oddly though, i have never broken a suspension part, not even the cheap Ebay shocks i put on it have leaked yet. Right now, im looking at another $100 in parts for my Fury and Blackout, and i just spent $60 on the Fury 2 weeks ago.

I ❤ it.
Sometimes I even tell my wife "I'm working late honey" and I take off with my RC'S straight to the park. ?

Hello, I'm Michael and uhh... ummm...

.oO(Damn... is this what it's come to??)

I'm 46 years old jet engine technician and I'm a RCaholic.

From Canada (province of Quebec). It all started in 1997 when I first purchased a Tamiya TA02W. I loved that thing! After learning that parts can be changed for aftermarket, I changed all bushings for bearings, CVDs all around and yes, the motor. Being a drag racer (1967 and 1974 Chevy Novas), I quickly learned that this hobby was just as expensive, but RC parts were easier to hide from my then wife... hehehe.

Then I was introduced to nitro-powered RC. Ohhhhh boy. Traxxas T-Maxx (the first edition), Traxxas Revo, Traxxas SuperMaxx from Unlimited Engineering, Duratrax Nitro Quake and Thunder Quake, HPI Savages, HPI Nitro MT2, HPI Nitro Rush, and Team Associated Nitro TC3. Playing around with engines was always a thing for me as it relaxed me (you guys remember Jessie from the first Fast & Furious??). I had sworn off electric-powered RC as I use to think that "batteries are for flashlights". Ya... boy, was I wrong.

Thing is, I don't take pleasure in driving my RCs as much as I do building them... modding them... torquing screws (yes... I own a 1/4" drive torque screwdriver). My logic is this: Why scratch up something I put so many hours into building? I build shelf queens (there.. I've said it!). Each time I buy a new car or truck, I fool myself into telling myself that I'll bash it, but 95% of the time I don't have the heart to. Example: I recently bought a brand new Arrma Big Rock 6S and an Infraction: Both are sitting in their respective boxes.. collecting dust as it would break my heart to scratch them up. Don't get me wrong, I do sometimes run them but road surface has to be ideal and NO jumps. To each their own.

Example: Knowing full well that I will most probably never run the Infraction, I just bought a Max6 ESC and Yeah Racing motor mount with dual fan assembly. Why? I dunno TBH.

Working on these cars and trucks de-stresses me. I sit there in my home office, my cup of coffee, listening to wide variety of music and I get lost in the moment. Hours sometimes pass before my girlfriend comes to see me to tell me that she loves me, asking questions about what this part does/is, kisses me and then walks away. She takes a genuine interest in my hobbies and is truly a wonderful woman. I'm blessed.

My present collection is as follows:
Arrma Big Rock 6S (NIB)
Arrma Infraction (NIB)
Arrma Granite BLX 3S (build in progress)
Arrma Neros (2)
Traxxas Funny Car
Traxxas Drag Nova Slash (build in progress)
Cross RC PG4L (build in progress)
Cross RC SG4C (NIB)
Associated NTC3 (2)
HPI Nitro Rush

Right now, I'm in the process of building a Nero to use in the snow. I promised myself that I WILL run it and tend to keep that promise.

Anyways.. this is me.

You are definitely just like me. Once you start, you just can't stop, and reading the forum and watching YouTube just adds to the affliction. Social media is also partly responsible for all my damage totals, as I keep trying to out do myself, no matter the end cost. After one full year, I've finally got a decent grasp on controlling my Notorious, so now what? Likely to start increasing the fleet and starting over again. It's all good for now, but when actually tallying up the money I've spent, if my wife was to find out, I'd be kicked to the curb in a heart beat. A couple of all inclusive family vacations have been puffed away in rc smoke (literally sometimes), but I stand by the reasoning that I worked hard to get where I am today, and there are a lot worse things I could be doing with my children's inheritances. One thing I did change recently that helps to decrease the withdrawal of rc's, is to get back into the gym and sports. I am 100% addicted to this hobby, but my rehab has begun, and hopefully I will find a middle ground that allows me to enjoy it, but won't break the bank or my marriage, moving forward. Now please excuse me, I have to open PayPal and pay for my latest M2C Racing shopping cart??

Edit: I found a way to make sure my wife has no idea of how much I buy, by sending all my purchases directly to the post office. It's like having a po box, and it's free. I feel like such a sh!t bag for having to resort to doing this, but it was the only way to fly under that damn radar. If only I put this much effort into all aspects of my life.......................................

Sometimes I even tell my wife "I'm working late honey" and I take off with my RC'S straight to the park. ?
Same!!!?

From Canada (province of Quebec). It all started in 1997 when I first purchased a Tamiya TA02W. I loved that thing! After learning that parts can be changed for aftermarket, I changed all bushings for bearings, CVDs all around and yes, the motor. Being a drag racer (1967 and 1974 Chevy Novas), I quickly learned that this hobby was just as expensive, but RC parts were easier to hide from my then wife... hehehe.

Then I was introduced to nitro-powered RC. Ohhhhh boy. Traxxas T-Maxx (the first edition), Traxxas Revo, Traxxas SuperMaxx from Unlimited Engineering, Duratrax Nitro Quake and Thunder Quake, HPI Savages, HPI Nitro MT2, HPI Nitro Rush, and Team Associated Nitro TC3. Playing around with engines was always a thing for me as it relaxed me (you guys remember Jessie from the first Fast & Furious??). I had sworn off electric-powered RC as I use to think that "batteries are for flashlights". Ya... boy, was I wrong.

Thing is, I don't take pleasure in driving my RCs as much as I do building them... modding them... torquing screws (yes... I own a 1/4" drive torque screwdriver). My logic is this: Why scratch up something I put so many hours into building? I build shelf queens (there.. I've said it!). Each time I buy a new car or truck, I fool myself into telling myself that I'll bash it, but 95% of the time I don't have the heart to. Example: I recently bought a brand new Arrma Big Rock 6S and an Infraction: Both are sitting in their respective boxes.. collecting dust as it would break my heart to scratch them up. Don't get me wrong, I do sometimes run them but road surface has to be ideal and NO jumps. To each their own.

Example: Knowing full well that I will most probably never run the Infraction, I just bought a Max6 ESC and Yeah Racing motor mount with dual fan assembly. Why? I dunno TBH.

Working on these cars and trucks de-stresses me. I sit there in my home office, my cup of coffee, listening to wide variety of music and I get lost in the moment. Hours sometimes pass before my girlfriend comes to see me to tell me that she loves me, asking questions about what this part does/is, kisses me and then walks away. She takes a genuine interest in my hobbies and is truly a wonderful woman. I'm blessed.

Arrma Big Rock 6S (NIB)
Arrma Infraction (NIB)
Arrma Neros (2)
Traxxas Funny Car
Cross RC SG4C (NIB)
Associated NTC3 (2)
HPI Nitro Rush

Right now, I'm in the process of building a Nero to use in the snow. I promised myself that I WILL run it and tend to keep that promise.

Anyways.. this is me.
I love ❤️❤️❤️❤ working on my rigs also!
But if you don’t go drive that Infraction I’m going to have to come take it away!!! It’s waaaaaaaaaaaay! Too much fun to be a shelf queen....
I’ll be satisfied if you at least pull it up to a curb and smoke the tires off that thing!!!?
Just watching the tires smoke, and doing donuts with it. Will put a smile on your face so big you might not be able to remove it.
The only shelf queen I have is the 10yr. anniversary outcast. Only because it’s priceless!❤️

Last edited:
Being a drag racer (1967 and 1974 Chevy Novas)
I too have been hot rodding and drag racing for a long time. 67- 69 Camaros are my favourite, and Nova's a close 2nd. Personally had a 67 Camaro and 3-69s. My brother bought a new 69 Z28 RS in 1969 sitting inside the dealers showroom. I currently have a 70 Nova SS small block bracket car.

I know what you mean about bashing and scratching brand new RC cars. I almost like sacrilege. We wouldn't dare scratch up our hot rods. Wish I was into flying or boats so that I could keep my rigs scratch free. Lol
Now that's what I call dedication! ?

I have so many packages en route I forget what is coming when and even what I ordered so it's sort of like Christmas lol

You are definitely just like me. Once you start, you just can't stop, and reading the forum and watching YouTube just adds to the affliction. Social media is also partly responsible for all my damage totals, as I keep trying to out do myself, no matter the end cost. After one full year, I've finally got a decent grasp on controlling my Notorious, so now what? Likely to start increasing the fleet and starting over again. It's all good for now, but when actually tallying up the money I've spent, if my wife was to find out, I'd be kicked to the curb in a heart beat. A couple of all inclusive family vacations have been puffed away in rc smoke (literally sometimes), but I stand by the reasoning that I worked hard to get where I am today, and there are a lot worse things I could be doing with my children's inheritances. One thing I did change recently that helps to decrease the withdrawal of rc's, is to get back into the gym and sports. I am 100% addicted to this hobby, but my rehab has begun, and hopefully I will find a middle ground that allows me to enjoy it, but won't break the bank or my marriage, moving forward. Now please excuse me, I have to open PayPal and pay for my latest M2C Racing shopping cart??

Edit: I found a way to make sure my wife has no idea of how much I buy, by sending all my purchases directly to the post office. It's like having a po box, and it's free. I feel like such a sh!t bag for having to resort to doing this, but it was the only way to fly under that damn radar. If only I put this much effort into all aspects of my life.......................................
This ⬆️ is the funniest, truest and most relatable ? ever!!! Totally agree could have waaay! worse habits. I too have worked hard for everything I have and will justify and defend every nickel and dime I spend on this hobby.
The Wife can think what she wants ? I’m having the time of my life “playing with these little trucks” ? as she would say.....

Arrma Big Rock 6S (NIB)
Arrma Infraction (NIB)
Arrma Neros (2)
Traxxas Funny Car
Cross RC SG4C (NIB)
Associated NTC3 (2)
HPI Nitro Rush

Anyways.. this is me.
That's a great story. Shelf queens. Hehehe. Hey, whatever works for you is the only thing that matters. I don't like scratching and breaking my vehicles, but it's part of the deal. I hit a faux stop sign at work (it's a prop sign on a heavy rod) going about 30mph with my brand new Kraton. Knocked it over and the Kraton ended up upside down away from the thing. That hurt my feelings. Lower control arm, lower shock eye and dog bone on the right were obliterated. Luckily the LHS had everything except the dog bone, but I had an extra one from another project. And that was on a parking lot. I must admit that it was fun knocking on that thing over afterwards, but didn't do it on purpose ?. I'm surprised you didn't get a 10th anniversary Outcast 6s. They offered it to me at the LHS when it was available.

Hahahahahaha. I usually re route my packages so that I can pick them up at the local FedEx or UPS. And I also have a buddy at work. He doesn't mind the bunch of packages (including huge RC boxes) that I have sent there. He brings them to me and throw away the boxes at the park. I'm running out of room in my trunk though with the extra rigs that are a secret ?. So one of my other coworkers is going to keep one at his house. I know it sounds terrible, but it is what it is ?????.

Last edited:
This is seriously getting out of control.
I just keep buying stuff.
$3,665 so far this year.
giphy (10).gif

So we hijacked a thread with this, so thought to move it over. Sometimes it just feels good to let it out, especially when you find out you're not the only one spending your kids inheritance or your retirement savings or whatever, on what looks like a toy to everyone else who doesn't own one. So here we go, SHOW ME THE MONEY! Any one insults a member about it, I close the thread. Me first. Hi, my name is Johnny and I'm an rc'holic. (not a very good one by the numbers)Two trucks, started Dec 26 2017, $5600 Canadian.
Slash 4x4 LCG and Arrma Notorious
Johnny.....we all love you bro ??????
It was just 2 fractures and major soft tissue damage... No big deal. Steel toes all of a sudden sounded good.
Always wear your ppe bro???personal protection equipment!

This is seriously getting out of control.
I just keep buying stuff.
$3,665 so far this year.
View attachment 53953
I'm about $4k easily and I barely got serious into the hobby around the end of July this year 2019 ?. Fish tanks were just as bad (not spending anymore there) and guns too were just as bad (not buying anything else either there). ????. Well I balance it out somewhat because I haven't driven a new car since 2005 and it was a cheap Hyundai Elantra from 2005 that was $12k brand new. It's still my commuter to this day with 238k miles.

Hi, my name is Matt Knight and I'm an RCAholic. I'm kinda scared to look at my finances right now but I will have to soon, with christmas coming. I'll report back when I finally peel the bandage back. That is, if I don't just give everyone drones for Christmas. Lol. Spread the joy.

My habit started when I got a cheapo tinywhoop style drone as a Father's Day gift from a friend.. A year later and I had bought or built upwards of 20 or so. Well, honestly I should say it started some time before that with an infidelity inspired divorce.

Having voluntarily decided to end my marriage and thus not be in my son's life every day was nearly as madness inducing as living with a human leach attached (although much less likely to give you the clap) so I went a little off the deep end for a while there and none of the things I used to do for fun could bring me joy anymore.

None of my old friends could help either, hell they are all drinking or drugging themselves to death. I was nearly ready to resort to a similar form of relief when I found RC. When I actually started feeling control over that first drone, I knew I had finally found something that felt good.

This hobby makes me laugh, gets my heart racing and makes me swear in a way that actually vents some of this poison from my heart, rather than producing more of it. It helps me feel like I get to be a dad again, instead of feeling like a grumpy old babysitter.

So yeah, maybe I'm bankrupting myself and defunding my retirement. So what? If it helps me enjoy a smidge of this life and brings me closer to my son again, well then it's worth every penny I could ever hope to make in this world.

Ugh.That was a lot more than I intended to put out there. This post started out as the reply below and when I went back to add my introduction at the top I threw up all that other stuff. Tempted to delete but going to just send it anyway. Sorry not sorry.

Funny, when I'm out on the street in front of my home, "playing" with my toys, sometimes people drive by and look at me like I'm sick. 69 year old fart playing with toys. I tell em it's just oldtimers disease. Gotta have fun while you can still enjoy it. I also have 6 motorcycles! yeehaw!
The apartment complex where I live has more or less told me that if they get any more complaints about me driving RC things they won't renew my lease the next time it's up.

Funny part is I'm not reckless or disruptive, it's just bitter old farts who still have to work everyday driving by seeing me out front in my PJ pants at noon testing whatever I just did to one of my RC cars. I've never flown drones or planes from the parking lot here but somehow they think I do. Lol. I do have two large planes hanging on the wall in my garage, which people often exclaim about when walking by. Might have something to do with it.
15739157534188452831991474975655.jpg

About to pull the trigger on a new CEN HL150 MT. This would be my 6th truck in 2 years, 7 if you count the Bullhead roller I got for $8. I have 2 Stampedes (2wd and 4wd), an Arrma Granite, a Clodbuster, and an Axial SMT10. I'm gonna have to sell one of my rigs and it will most likely be the Clod or the SMT10. I'm leaning towards the SMT10 at this point to not only make room for the new truck but also recover some money.

Hi, my name is Matt Knight and I'm an RCAholic. I'm kinda scared to look at my finances right now but I will have to soon, with christmas coming. I'll report back when I finally peel the bandage back. That is, if I don't just give everyone drones for Christmas. Lol. Spread the joy.

My habit started when I got a cheapo tinywhoop style drone as a Father's Day gift from a friend.. A year later and I had bought or built upwards of 20 or so. Well, honestly I should say it started some time before that with an infidelity inspired divorce.

Having voluntarily decided to end my marriage and thus not be in my son's life every day was nearly as madness inducing as living with a human leach attached (although much less likely to give you the clap) so I went a little off the deep end for a while there and none of the things I used to do for fun could bring me joy anymore.

None of my old friends could help either, hell they are all drinking or drugging themselves to death. I was nearly ready to resort to a similar form of relief when I found RC. When I actually started feeling control over that first drone, I knew I had finally found something that felt good.

This hobby makes me laugh, gets my heart racing and makes me swear in a way that actually vents some of this poison from my heart, rather than producing more of it. It helps me feel like I get to be a dad again, instead of feeling like a grumpy old babysitter.

So yeah, maybe I'm bankrupting myself and defunding my retirement. So what? If it helps me enjoy a smidge of this life and brings me closer to my son again, well then it's worth every penny I could ever hope to make in this world.

Ugh.That was a lot more than I intended to put out there. This post started out as the reply below and when I went back to add my introduction at the top I threw up all that other stuff. Tempted to delete but going to just send it anyway. Sorry not sorry.

The apartment complex where I live has more or less told me that if they get any more complaints about me driving RC things they won't renew my lease the next time it's up.

Funny part is I'm not reckless or disruptive, it's just bitter old farts who still have to work everyday driving by seeing me out front in my PJ pants at noon testing whatever I just did to one of my RC cars. I've never flown drones or planes from the parking lot here but somehow they think I do. Lol. I do have two large planes hanging on the wall in my garage, which people often exclaim about when walking by. Might have something to do with it.
View attachment 53967
Ive been where you’re at man. It took some time to get to a better place myself and it sounds like you’re on the way. Much better to have chosen a hobby over getting ripped. Not to say that everything in moderation isn’t ok too, but use the hobby for therapy and have a drink or two just for the fun of it. ??

View attachment 53967
Everyone needs a chance to feel good in life. If this is what makes you feel good, then power to you. If it ends up hurting you worse down the road, then learn to reel it in and enjoy with moderation. We're not making investments here, so we still have to make sure that we don't do damage to ourselves and our families by getting out of control. That piece of advice applies to everything in life. Hope you find the perfect middle ground to keep you and your son connected, but also teach him well so he doesn't follow an unnecessarily tough path.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back