$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I need to find more space for my cars. I have a little shed in the back of my house that I could clear some space on the shelf but it's not heated and Idk how an rc car would do in these SD winters being stored outside. Temps can range anywhere from the lower 70s to -40* F during the winter here.

Max 5 is a must. I also forgot the RPM larger knuckles/ carriers. You don’t NEED a new motor, but it transforms the big X maxx into a monster. The stock battery trays are horrible though, just like the 1/10 maxx. Either way, enjoy, it’s a great basher RC. The proline Chevy body in my opinion looks GREAT and I prefer Raptors in real life.
Which motor? Is that battery tray a replacement for the chassis - or add on to? Is it as strong or stronger? Did you dye the rims? Yours looks great!

Much better to have chosen a hobby over getting ripped. Not to say that everything in moderation isn’t ok too, but use the hobby for therapy and have a drink or two just for the fun of it. ??
If it ends up hurting you worse down the road, then learn to reel it in and enjoy with moderation.
Wait a minute guys... if we did everything in moderation wouldn't we be going a little overboard with the moderation? Kinda hypocritical if you ask me. Mostly J/K ? I am one of those who has always sought out the extremes as a means of identifying the middle ground. Lol.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Despite my silly deflection, I do hear you. I will apply your advice where I am able and I appreciate you taking the time to give it.

I made a whole bunch of money living frugally and working my ass off and turns out I was doing it just so someone could kick me in the nuts and take half of it, so now I'm hardly working and spending some (okay a bunch) of this money I worked so hard for myself. I'll level it out at some point, sooner than later if I know me.

Someone asked me today at work : you look a little depressed man. I didn't want t tell him that I looked like that because it's been cold and haven't been able to drive my rigs often enough! ?????. It got warm again in south Texas though. Off I go with my 3 and a half year old son and my rigs. He loves the things already. I suspect he'd going to be a future rcholic ?

Hi I’m CJ and rc oholic I am. Here’s my list of mayhem over the last couple months.
1. 2 outcast 6s one being 10th anniversary
2. Outcast 4s
3. Typhon3s
4. Big rock
5 granite 3s
6. Mojave
7 infraction
8 Kraton 6s
9 Kraton 4s
And I’ll stop there because you can do the math I’ll being working till I’m 90 lol.

Hi I’m CJ and rc oholic I am. Here’s my list of mayhem over the last couple months.
2. Outcast 4s
3. Typhon3s
4. Big rock
5 granite 3s
6. Mojave
7 infraction
8 Kraton 6s
9 Kraton 4s
And I’ll stop there because you can do the math I’ll being working till I’m 90 lol.
Looks like your on a roll ???
No pun intended

2. Outcast 4s
3. Typhon3s
4. Big rock
5 granite 3s
6. Mojave
7 infraction
8 Kraton 6s
9 Kraton 4s
If that's a stopping point and not the end, you may be to far gone for the help we offer. You need to go two doors down to the "Why does everybody want to be my friend" group. You can still have a coffee and donut before you leave???

2. Outcast 4s
3. Typhon3s
4. Big rock
5 granite 3s
6. Mojave
7 infraction
8 Kraton 6s
9 Kraton 4s
Nine rigs in two months? Impressive. I've bought about 7 in 3 months, ending with the most expensive one a few days ago (xmaxx 8s). I did sell 3 of them and I'm down to 4 (Typhon, Outcast and Kraton. All 6s. And the xmaxx 8s). You win ??????.

Nine rigs in two months? Impressive. I've bought about 7 in 3 months, ending with the most expensive one a few days ago (xmaxx 8s). I did sell 3 of them and I'm down to 4 (Typhon, Outcast and Kraton. All 6s. And the xmaxx 8s). You win ??????.
Oh man more than 9 I have 2 8s xmaxx too. Just waiting to see what arrma has in store for the big reveal today. It’s only paper it’s not real lmao

Oh man more than 9 I have 2 8s xmaxx too. Just waiting to see what arrma has in store for the big reveal today. It’s only paper it’s not real lmao
It's just a bigger Kraton with 8s. Not too exited about it TBH. A Granite of the same size would have been better. My opinion of course.

My name is Anthony and I don’t know what I am.

I started May 2019 as a birthday gift for my son. That started off as a Traxxas rustler. The now closed lhs suggested (pushed) Traxxas, hence I went down that road. First time out - broken within 15 mins. Next day broken again. Following week - broken again. ? Rather than learn my lesson I bought 2 more. 1/10th slash 4x4 and another rustier for my daughter. Then the added expenses off modding it with better parts. - money pit!

Then the bug began.....so we added more to the collection.
Xmaxx
Erevo 2.0
Mini Revo
Senton
Granite
Infraction
Another infraction
One more coming for Xmas
2 more planned for the next coming months

Batteries ?‍♂️
Chargers
Wheels/tyres
Oils/grease
Screws/spares
Stands
RC bling such as lights
Bodies
Paints

At this rate I’ll be homeless soon

My name is Anthony and I don’t know what I am.

I started May 2019 as a birthday gift for my son. That started off as a Traxxas rustler. The now closed lhs suggested (pushed) Traxxas, hence I went down that road. First time out - broken within 15 mins. Next day broken again. Following week - broken again. ? Rather than learn my lesson I bought 2 more. 1/10th slash 4x4 and another rustier for my daughter. Then the added expenses off modding it with better parts. - money pit!

Then the bug began.....so we added more to the collection.
Xmaxx
Erevo 2.0
Mini Revo
Senton
Granite
Infraction
Another infraction
One more coming for Xmas
2 more planned for the next coming months

Batteries ?‍♂️
Chargers
Wheels/tyres
Oils/grease
Screws/spares
Stands
RC bling such as lights
Bodies
Paints

At this rate I’ll be homeless soon
You can build a fort with all those Rc's. You'll be fine?

You can build a fort with all those Rc's. You'll be fine?
My son already cried when I had to sell his slash and rustler. I get the attachment to the rustler. It was his first ever real RC car

Ok here I am, my name is Albert and I am an rc addict. Any type of rc.

a quick flash back for the last 3-4 months:

- 3 Traxxas Slash 4WD Ultimate, did upgrades for all of them (alu motor mount, fans, heavy duty cvds, e-revo slipper clutch mod, lights, bec), stock up 3 sets of Badlands, and only keep using 1, the other 2 became shelf queen (probably will sell them or maybe not).
- ARRMA Mojave, bunch of hop ups, M2C braces, Alza's suspension and servo mounts, fans, PPS mount, and stock up more lipos, titanium chassis is on the way from Scorched, T-Bone's bumpers and spares from Jenny's.
- Talion hop up parts, same sources, M2C, Alza, Scorched, T-Bone's bumpers and cage, and POS modelbau, PPS.

and planned for Mar'20 - Talion v4 :)

The worst part is: I am addicted also to buy spares, I always paranoid like what if I need some parts but they are discontinued/no stock, be it any parts as well as tires. So Jenny is my daily newspaper that I checked at lunch time and before sleep :D

Anyway, the only thing I regret is: I wish I knew ARRMA before i got the 3 Traxxas and all their hop ups, then I could have spend that $ more in Arrma stuff ;)

Last edited:
well - next in line Sev, I well think I am an rc'holic

recent timeline
Nov 25, 2019 - Arrma Kraton 8S - £993 (included tools, oils and other bits and bobs)
Nov 29, 2019 - Arrma Granite BLX - £370 (including spares, RX, oils etc)
Dec 23, 2019 - Arrma Notorious - £459 (included RX and stuff)
Feb 11, 2020 - Arrma Mojave (£760 including spares and minor bits)

a lot of bits an pieces in between (charger £150, batteries £600, tools (£~200), and more tools (~100), plenty of spares for just in case (~£450) including 1/28 for the little one and myself (~£100), transmitter upgrade (~£150, ~100 RXs), air compressor £100, ebay and others M2C chassis/hop ups ~£400, ... my addiction started with helicopters (~£2k a pop), transmitter (1) £1500, 2) £450 still own both, 2) for tuition via buddy-lead) - got attracted, learned my lessons (spares) and even here I own a lot of models, some even multiple times (normal 3D, Night-flyer 3D)... then got a Losi Ten Rally-X and next day bought a Vaterra Kemora .... I have never overspent, or spent money on RC I would have needed to spend on something else - luckily. its attraction and ability to accommodate it - surely stupid as I have more models that I could utilise at any one time OR have time for in general ... still thinking of a Typhon 3S or 6S ..

at the moment I seem to count:
7 helicopters
8 cars
7 quadcopters (I will never call them drones!)
and just got rid of a few planes I donated to a charity

fair to say some of the kit I also use for tuition to introduce other people into this - am I a pusher?? :eek:

Regrets? So far none - I guess once the little one gets older I will have some as it will be difficult to share ...

edit: air compressor £100
edit 2: ebay and others M2C chassis/hop ups ~£400
edit 3: added a sum ~£5000 since November - checked bank account - checks out :eek: :eek: :eek: - safe to say she would have spent it on clothes and stuff, decking the rear or whatever :banghead:
edit 4: definitely know that I am running out of storage space for models so from now its almost one in one has to come out - though I may actually be able to squeeze one or two more in - somehow, I guess

Last edited:
well - next in line Sev, I well think I am an rc'holic

recent timeline
Nov 25, 2019 - Arrma Kraton 8S - £993 (included tools, oils and other bits and bobs)
Nov 29, 2019 - Arrma Granite BLX - £370 (including spares, RX, oils etc)
Dec 23, 2019 - Arrma Notorious - £459 (included RX and stuff)
Feb 11, 2020 - Arrma Mojave (£760 including spares and minor bits)

a lot of bits an pieces in between (charger £150, batteries £600, tools (£~200), and more tools (~100), plenty of spares for just in case (~£450) including 1/28 for the little one and myself (~£100) ... my addiction started with helicopters (~£2k a pop) - got attracted, learned my lessons (spares) and even here I own a lot of models, some even multiple times ... I have never overspent, or spent money on RC I would have needed to spend on something else - luckily. its attraction and ability to accommodate it - surely stupid as I have more models that I could utilise at any one time ... still thinking of a Typhon 3S or 6S ..

at the moment I seem to count:
7 helicopters
8 cars
7 quadcopters (I will never call them drones!)
and just got rid of a few planes I donated to a charity

fair to say some of the kit I also use for tuition to introduce other people into this - am I a pusher?? :eek:

Regrets? So far none - I guess once the little one gets older I will have some as it will be difficult to share ...
But not all are quads. There are six rotor, eight rotor, and other combos. Maybe call them UAVs?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back