$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I go I'm taking you guys with me.
Hello, is this Amain all night? I'd like to order a couple of things. Do you have an hour, this is going to take a while.......

One MERV. One Typhon. $3500 I'm in... Oh yeah, two drones one boat... another $2000 I love going fast and not getting hurt.

P.S. - It can still hurt. 6 weeks in a walking boot due to bad night driving with the buggy.

I'll take two donuts and a carafe of coffee please

Well, I only became addicted a couple of months ago. Started with a Redcat XT10 crawler that I wanted to mount a camera on, and drive around with my FPV goggles. Neat! so then I bought it's bigger brother, Super crawler, neater yet. Then had to have the Redcat Volcano, to run on the street, then, what the heck, a Landslide just for giggles. A Wltoys, just to see what you get for a cheap truck (you get a cheap truck). Then my most recent purchase, my Arrma Typhon 3S. I also have enough drones to fill a hobby shop. Don't mess with them anymore, and a foot locker full of lipo's, though most are low C rating for the drones. Bummer. The 6S stuff is very tempting, but "ouch" on the batteries! Funny, when I'm out on the street in front of my home, "playing" with my toys, sometimes people drive by and look at me like I'm sick. 69 year old fart playing with toys. I tell em it's just oldtimers disease. Gotta have fun while you can still enjoy it. I also have 6 motorcycles! yeehaw!

My dealer (LHS) calls me every week to let me know what he got in that week. It's not like I spend a lot at one time like you guys do.
We need to get to your "dealer" and cut off the source. We can help, you just have to admit you have a problem. We're here for you man.

One MERV. One Typhon. $3500 I'm in... Oh yeah, two drones one boat... another $2000 I love going fast and not getting hurt.

P.S. - It can still hurt. 6 weeks in a walking boot due to bad night driving with the buggy.

I'll take two donuts and a carafe of coffee please
You have suffered great pain due to this affliction, but you have chosen the right path. Buy less violent rc s#*t! Your donuts and coffee are waiting. See you at the next meeting....we hope.

Well, I only became addicted a couple of months ago. Started with a Redcat XT10 crawler that I wanted to mount a camera on, and drive around with my FPV goggles. Neat! so then I bought it's bigger brother, Super crawler, neater yet. Then had to have the Redcat Volcano, to run on the street, then, what the heck, a Landslide just for giggles. A Wltoys, just to see what you get for a cheap truck (you get a cheap truck). Then my most recent purchase, my Arrma Typhon 3S. I also have enough drones to fill a hobby shop. Don't mess with them anymore, and a foot locker full of lipo's, though most are low C rating for the drones. Bummer. The 6S stuff is very tempting, but "ouch" on the batteries! Funny, when I'm out on the street in front of my home, "playing" with my toys, sometimes people drive by and look at me like I'm sick. 69 year old fart playing with toys. I tell em it's just oldtimers disease. Gotta have fun while you can still enjoy it. I also have 6 motorcycles! yeehaw!
Addiction? Your a full blown crackalacktic, lipo infused, multi volt, gasoline drinking, warrior! I want out of this club so I can join yours. Sorry for that, got lost in the haze. Welcome to our club, you will find solice here. Spark plugs and nitrous are in the hall to the left. Anyone want to go to Cooter's house after the meeting? He's got way cooler s#*t than most of us. Bus leaves in 20.

T
The next step is telling the group about $'s spent. It's tough, but we are here for you. Kumbaya my brother, kumbaya.

do we include the cost of any vehicles in the past month or two? If so then I'm guessing a tad under $2k since about mid December if not then I'm probably around $1000 I guess this month but too scared to calculate it accurately as I'm worried that the number is slightly understated........and if my wife ever reads this thread I will be adding the cost of the divorce lawyer to my list

do we include the cost of any vehicles in the past month or two? If so then I'm guessing a tad under $2k since about mid December if not then I'm probably around $1000 I guess this month but too scared to calculate it accurately as I'm worried that the number is slightly understated........and if my wife ever reads this thread I will be adding the cost of the divorce lawyer to my list
Speak without fear. Spouses and children are strictly prohibited. Let it all out, breath in through the nose, and out through the mouth. It's going to be okay, your with friends now. Would anybody like a Krato.. I mean crueler?

Damn this is confronting. I recently joined a management training with 360 degrees feedback etc. but this goes far beyond that. Brrrr here we go...Tamiya TT02-b, Traxxas E-Revo, ECX Ruckus, BRCC, Typhon, Kraton, Baja Flux, HPI micro RS4, WL toys K989, Traxxas Alias, Feilun FT012, Airhogs DR1, upgrades, spares, tools, 40 lipo's, 6 chargers, 4 batsafes, storage boxes and space, 3 transmitters, 6 receivers, wires, connectors, 3 soldering irons, 4 electric screwdrivers, gallons of electric cleaner, wd40, shoegoo and loctite, workmats, transportbags, multiple esc program cards, work lights, a lot of beer and e-liquid, it just doesn't end.......

I guess around 6000 euro's? (Approx 7000 dollars)

Yes i came through this, kind of a victory.
But what the hell, you only live twice ;)

Last edited:
Damn this is confronting. I recently joined a management training with 360 degrees feedback etc. but this goes far beyond that. Brrrr here we go...Tamiya TT02-b, Traxxas E-Revo, ECX Ruckus, BRCC, Typhon, Kraton, Baja Flux, HPI micro RS4, WL toys K989, Traxxas Alias, Feilun FT012, Airhogs DR1, upgrades, spares, tools, 40 lipo's, 6 chargers, 4 batsafes, storage boxes and space, 3 transmitters, 6 receivers, wires, connectors, 3 soldering irons, 4 electric screwdrivers, gallons of electric cleaner, wd40, shoegoo and loctite, workmats, transportbags, multiple esc program cards, work lights, a lot of beer and e-liquid, it just doesn't end.......

I guess around 6000 euro's? (Approx 7000 dollars)

Yes i came through this, kind of a victory.
But what the hell, you only live twice ;)
You don't have a problem, you're amazing! $7 g's and you have all that stuff. This group needs a new leader. I vote @JvG. A show of hands please ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back