$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a Kraton, batteries, parts and more parts. I'm soooo sick!
It's going to be ok. With our new fearless leader, @JvG, he will show us the path to enlightenment. Just hide the credit card until the next meeting. Gotta go, need to pay for the aluminum dif cups in my shopping cart.

hi my name is flyr im a rcholic its been two weeks as a rc owner and im well over 800$ that with all the upgrades and extra parts but don't tell my wife lol she thinks im in only 300 lol
We've all been down the path of "she only thinks" but be weary, they are watching and waiting to pounce. One false move, and bam, the next thing you hear is: "I'm buying a new Coach purse. You have something to say about it dear?" Grab a coffee and a donut before you go.

I don't have a problem.
I can easily stop whenever I want to.

IMG_8854.jpg

You don't have a problem, you're amazing! $7 g's and you have all that stuff. This group needs a new leader. I vote @JvG. A show of hands please ?

I am so used to split everything in half so my wife won't flip. Did i do it again? Huh?

So we hijacked a thread with this, so thought to move it over. Sometimes it just feels good to let it out, especially when you find out you're not the only one spending your kids inheritance or your retirement savings or whatever, on what looks like a toy to everyone else who doesn't own one. So here we go, SHOW ME THE MONEY! Any one insults a member about it, I close the thread. Me first. Hi, my name is Johnny and I'm an rc'holic. (not a very good one by the numbers)Two trucks, started Dec 26 2017, $5600 Canadian.
Slash 4x4 LCG and Arrma Notorious
I’m just getting started with this to connect with my son. I’ve spent:
Senton 6s $479
Senton Mega 4x4 $219
Custom body for my son $80
Tools $50
Spare parts $290
Batteries $200
Charger $60
What have I done????
I wanted him to surf with me instead, but the cold water, big surf, and large hungry fishies of Half Moon Bay scared him off. At least the ocean is free. Deadly, but free.

I’m just getting started with this to connect with my son. I’ve spent:
Senton 6s $479
Senton Mega 4x4 $219
Custom body for my son $80
Tools $50
Spare parts $290
Batteries $200
Charger $60
What have I done????
I wanted him to surf with me instead, but the cold water, big surf, and large hungry fishies of Half Moon Bay scared him off. At least the ocean is free. Deadly, but free.
If it's about your son, then it's all good. If you're trying to convince yourself that it's about your son, then we have a real problem. Welcome to the club either way. Meetings each week, same time, same place.

Hello ya'll, I've enjoyed reading your posts and I don't feel..... anything..... I'm knumb....
I've had RC's since 1991 but since Dec of 2017, not counting smaller purchases:
  • Losi Rock Rey $450
  • Aluminum parts and extras for losi RR $150
  • Early 2018: Traxxas X-Maxx and four 4s lipos $1400
  • Russian body for X-Maxx $120
  • Traxxas E-Revo 2.0 and two 3s lipos and a few upgrades $740
  • Hobbywing XR-8 for my 1/8 scale racing buggy $280
  • Tires for 1/8 scale $100
  • Parts for old Slash and Associated B44.2 $200
  • Venom Quad charger $220
  • Nov 2018: Arrma Kraton $470
  • Two 4s lipos and a 6s lipo $340
  • Chassis, arms, tires, bearings, pinion, diff shims for Arrma Kraton $235
That's off the top of my head ????‍♂️☹??

Compared to my other hobbies, this one is right in the middle of how much I've burned. Somewhere between the cost of a new 5.0 Mustang & a fully restored 67' RS/SS. I factored in the cost of the shed I had to build when my collection outgrew the basement & garage spots.

Hi my name is Pablo. I got back into the hobby in 2010 with a E-Maxx rollar $175 with a ton of parts, then the upgrade came now at about $1250 for the E-Maxx and four months ago picked up a V2 Kraton for $320. Replace front and rear suspension arms to rpm, front diff case, diff interal gears, new body, out cast dirt guards and in a few days a new servo stock took a dump.
$250 to convert my emaxx to a 3.3 from a 2.5
Traxxas cvds front and rear and center replaced it with LST2 cvds front and rear.
LST2 front and rear diffs
Custom collars for the diffs
LST2 drive yokes x2
Rpm bulkheads front and rear
Plastix pin for the suspension arms no more bent or broken pins yet!
Rpm front bumper
Rpm front rear and center skid plate
Proline body mounts
Custom LST2 center diff in tranny
Double motor mount (single keep bending)
Hot racing double up slipper clutch
Tmaxx clutch pad for Emaxx slipper
Proline 3.8 badlands
Proline 40 series Trenchers
2 sets of traxxas chevron tires
2 sets of Ofna monster dish wheels
Team Associated RC8 front shock 1 on all four corners
1/8 shock springs from Team associated,Mugen,Tekno,kyosho
RC Monster v1 shock towers (very strong)
Avid bearings for the LST mod
Fast Eddie bearing for the rest
Double servo saver mod (plus shims to make the spring stiffer)
20kg or roughly 275 ounce servo 8.0 volts
Castle Creations BEC
2 brushless motors 1900kv and 2150kv
Thunder Tiger Kaiser 17mm hexs
12 2s lipos since 2010
Accucell 6
Turnigy Reacktor 300w
Balance board
Lipo safe bag
Oils, lube, grease
Not including tools to much
I'm sure there's more but can't think of it right now but I think the total would likely be more than $1500+
Good news my son is going to be four years old in two months and drives both trucks at full speed with no problems unbelievable so now I have a partner that is more of a RC Holic I think than I am ya no!
Give me some time to add all this up and give a exact price of my RC AA issues.

Last edited:
Hi my name is Pablo. I got back into the hobby in 2010 with a E-Maxx rollar $175 with a ton of parts, then the upgrade came now at about $1250 for the E-Maxx and four months ago picked up a V2 Kraton for $320. Replace front and rear suspension arms to rpm, front diff case, diff interal gears, new body, out cast dirt guards and in a few days a new servo stock took a dump.
$250 to convert my emaxx to a 3.3 from a 2.5
Traxxas cvds front and rear and center replaced it with LST2 cvds front and rear.
LST2 front and rear diffs
Custom collars for the diffs
LST2 drive yokes x2
Rpm bulkheads front and rear
Plastix pin for the suspension arms no more bent or broken pins yet!
Rpm front bumper
Rpm front rear and center skid plate
Proline body mounts
Custom LST2 center diff in tranny
Double motor mount (single keep bending)
Hot racing double up slipper clutch
Tmaxx clutch pad for Emaxx slipper
Proline 3.8 badlands
Proline 40 series Trenchers
2 sets of traxxas chevron tires
2 sets of Ofna monster dish wheels
Team Associated RC8 front shock 1 on all four corners
1/8 shock springs from Team associated,Mugen,Tekno,kyosho
Avid bearings for the LST mod
Fast Eddie bearing for the rest
Double servo saver mod (plus shims to make the spring stiffer)
20kg or roughly 275 ounce servo 8.0 volts
Castle Creations BEC
2 brushless motors 1900kv and 2150kv
Thunder Tiger Kaiser 17mm hexs
12 2s lipos since 2010
Accucell 6
Turnigy Reacktor 300w
Balance board
Lipo safe bag
Oils, lube, grease
Not including tools to much
I'm sure there's more but can't think of it right now but I think the total would likely be more than $1500+
Good news my son is going to be four years old in two months and drives both trucks at full speed with no problems unbelievable so now I have a partner that is more of a RC Holic I think than I am ya no!
Give me some time to add all this up and give a exact price of my RC AA issues.
$1500 for Rc hobby, ouch. Look on both your faces when your son crashes one of them, priceless. You might be stuck here for a while Pablo, enjoy the coffee:)

man, im up there.....Since Sept 2018

-Batteries/chargers - $500
-Arrma Notorious with every voltage hobby upgrade and 3 diff sets of $100 wheels = 1000+
-Arrma Talion - hot racing front tower, shims, oil, d boots backflips= 600
-Arrma Senton- bone stock, some slicks for track = 350
-Arrma Typhon - TP motor, castle xlx, fans, batteries, cap pack, chassis, wheels = 1000 and just starting
- racing build stand bucket - $3

You guy’s have a real problem.... smh.
I got a deal on a new 3s Typhon. New Venom duo charger. 4 3s LiPos. A pair of spare tires and some eBay parts for $50.00 bucks, that’s what I told my wife.... You all believe me to.... Right ?

man, im up there.....Since Sept 2018

-Batteries/chargers - $500
-Arrma Notorious with every voltage hobby upgrade and 3 diff sets of $100 wheels = 1000+
-Arrma Talion - hot racing front tower, shims, oil, d boots backflips= 600
-Arrma Senton- bone stock, some slicks for track = 350
-Arrma Typhon - TP motor, castle xlx, fans, batteries, cap pack, chassis, wheels = 1000 and just starting
- racing build stand bucket - $3
Sorry sir, no sympathy for your type here. Speed junkies meet on Tuesdays. You can stay this one time, cause you were a basher once. Coffee's $1 and hands off the donuts.

Sorry sir, no sympathy for your type here. Speed junkies meet on Tuesdays. You can stay this one time, cause you were a basher once. Coffee's $1 and hands off the donuts.

bashers come first bro.. talion got the love right when i got home..

You guy’s have a real problem.... smh.
I got a deal on a new 3s Typhon. New Venom duo charger. 4 3s LiPos. A pair of spare tires and some eBay parts for $50.00 bucks, that’s what I told my wife.... You all believe me to.... Right ?
It's not like she can divorce me if she finds out, right? What's she gonna tell her lawyer, "he's spending money on toys and leaving me alone to do whatever I want". The lawyer will probably look at her and say "Lady, you got the golden egg. Shut up and give your man a hug".

$1500 for Rc hobby, ouch. Look on both your faces when your son crashes one of them, priceless. You might be stuck here for a while Pablo, enjoy the coffee:)
My son has crashed the Kraton once real bad he broke lower a-arm, sway bar rod end, front diff case, one bent shock shaft, one bent shock body all because he lost sight of the truck and decided to give it more trottle some how he thinks it will reappear. Haha! The Emaxx he only broke the Traxxas wheelie bar not a biggie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back