$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ughh. My name is Jim and I am an rc’holic. In just six months I have amassed a fleet consisting of an Outcast 8s, 8s Kraton EXB, Sledge, and an XMaxx. Many include aftermarket upgrades and batteries that cost extra money.

The past six months and all the money spent has brought my whole family closer together. We frequently spend time bashing and working on our trucks. It’s been a real adventure and I have grown as a father and now grandfather.

Although I should probably spend less money, I wouldn’t take it back for anything.

Thank you for providing a venue for me and others like me to acknowledge my View attachment 233628View attachment 233628View attachment 233630View attachment 233633View attachment 233634addiction.
Nice addiction, errr collection, welcome to the forum!

Can we get some under the hood pics ?

How you like the Masher x's on the OC8s ?
The Mashers seem to be a little soft and provide a lot of traction on concrete. Makes the truck seem a little choppy if that makes sense. I haven’t ran other tires on it though so this might be normal. The outcast is stock but the kraton is a different story. Will attach some pics in a bit.

Can we get some under the hood pics ?

How you like the Masher x's on the OC8s ?
Sledge with the M2C motor mount, Hobbywing 8 and Hobbystar motor.

Kraton with Maxx 5 and big Castle motor.
A0BD4B40-65A5-40FC-933E-D465B884C983.jpeg

327334F0-8D57-414F-9D07-06368AFEDF7F.jpeg

I've been lame here recently, I would spend anywhere from $100 to $400 a week when I started back up. Then December I decided to spend close to $1,500 building the limitless... fast forward. It's been $100 here $200 there. And it's starting to take a toll on my wallet. I make great money.. and it was completely fine until I got a car note. 🤣

I've been lame here recently, I would spend anywhere from $100 to $400 a week when I started back up. Then December I decided to spend close to $1,500 building the limitless... fast forward. It's been $100 here $200 there. And it's starting to take a toll on my wallet. I make great money.. and it was completely fine until I got a car note. 🤣
You need a Mazda3;):LOL:

I wish I didn't sell it... but at least I knew that it was going to someone who needed it most.. but damn. Not having a car payment was nice 🤣
Yea it's always nice to not have a car payment.
I had a mazda3 also and it was a fun car.

Yea it's always nice to not have a car payment.
I had a mazda3 also and it was a fun car.
Car notes are almost as much as my $1200 mortgage nowadays (payment plus insurance) . That is one thing that I haven't done too bad in. My 2003 Trailblazer 4x4 LTZ is just fine for me. And I just owe $4000 on my 2012 Infiniti m37. Just like rc stuff, real cars lose their value exponentially. My last two vehicles mentioned were $20k combined. New cars are nice, but they are wayyyyyy overpriced. $30k for a 4 door 4 cylinder Toyota, Hyundai etc? That is absolutely ridiculous. I'll take my $10k that I'm paying for my M37 with 330hp any day over those overpriced 4 bangers. More luxury and more performance, more power and space. The only thing that I don't like about my M37 is the gas mileage but I don't drive it much. I wish I would have done that with the RC stuff (spend way less!). It's been a week since I haven't bought anything. That's a good achievement for a shopaholic like me! And honestly, I don't miss it because I keep looking at my financial mess. I'll dig myself out of this mess with my base salary at work and OT, which can be as much as $100k gross.

Saying Goodbye to all 4 of these. More to come. Liquidation of stuff that I bought at more than 25% interest and have not paid off yet. But I would lose even more money if I keep them. 💰
20220805_132259.jpg

While I was at the hobby shop thinking that I might walk away with about $1600 from the sell of some of my RC stuff, there was a guy next to me buying a Losi 5T 2.0 plus 1/5 tires and other stuff. Very interesting.

It's been a week a half since I haven't bought absolutely anything for RC! I can't believe it!
That's awesome! One week down. Just like quitting anything, it gets a little easier as each day passes. Proud of ya!! 👍 😁✌️

It's been a week a half since I haven't bought absolutely anything for RC! I can't believe it!
Think how much more money you'll have for women and booze now! :ROFLMAO: Just kiddin', your on the right path, the hard part is not straying.

Think how much more money you'll have for women and booze now! :ROFLMAO: Just kiddin', your on the right path, the hard part is not straying.
I've been going to the hobby shop that my friend owns at least twice to negotiate some RC vehicles that I'm selling and both times I have walked away with nothing in my hands. That's like an alcoholic going to the liquor shop and not buying booze. Or am I going too far? 👍
That's awesome! One week down. Just like quitting anything, it gets a little easier as each day passes. Proud of ya!! 👍 😁✌️
I love myself too much and my family too to keep harming myself with stuff that I don't "need". Thanks

Since I have a some time great benefits from work, I called the help line and got in contact with a counselor. He told me that most likely I have a condition called "process addiction". Next Tuesday we're having another meeting. And it's very easy to meet, since it's through an app on my phone. And best of all, it's free. I'm also going to talk to a financial advisor from the Dave Ramsey network to talk about how to get out of debt ASAP, budgeting, not borrowing any more money etc. I'm dedicating my extra money to get out of debt completely within the next 5 years (around $70-$80k) without borrowing a single dollar. My goal is to only have a mortgage payment and the essentials like food, water, light and gas. It's going to take dedication, strength, extra over time at work or money from side hussles, energy and focus. Luckily I'm a workaholic and when I set my mind to it, I can do it. I really love the hobby, but I just over did it today the point that it became a financial burden.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back