$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The addiction is REAL!!! 😵‍💫
Luckily I’ve been able to control myself for the last month or two.. 👍

Hi. I’m Bud. I started last September with an EXB Talion. Now I have a Losi DBXLE with upgrades. Upgraded the Talion. Got a fireteam. A 3S and a TLR Typhon. A Losi Mini B tricked pro roller now… and a TA 1/10 carpet racer. After I got a Traxxas bandit VXL as a gift. 7 grand I bought a workbench. I regret not knowing or attempting to wrench after many wrecks… then I had enough. I rebuilt the entire driver’s rear on my 1/5 scale just this week. Now I’m really got a problem. I want to bullet proof and go ham. I’m overwhelmed at how accomplished I feel and I’m 55. 😁 Worth the 400 in parts. And that’s just a small wreck and it’s totally and completely worth it. I can’t wait to bash it! Now? I better be addicted to upgrading and wrenching because until I’m a pro? No more rigs. I’ll wreck one this week! 😂

A762EEBB-7543-4AAD-B9FF-894B0308E421.jpeg

BB83D9D5-5D50-4A62-9702-9D9AE441A318.jpeg

Last edited:
The addiction is REAL!!! 😵‍💫
Luckily I’ve been able to control myself for the last month or two.. 👍
Guess that means you've not yet started the cruise ship horn?
Hi .....I'm Johnny...I'm thankful I don't have a addiction or desire to buy more RC's. My goals were to stay stock, out of hobby shops, and resist the urge to send it. So far so good but as of late, I'm looking at ramps!!! Scares me to death cuz that will destroy my goal plans. Had a clay addiction 10 years ago ( 26 dump truck loads) but all better now (y)

Last edited:
I’m now at that phase where I’m pacing myself. Thankfully I’m pass that “head over heals” phase where I spent about 15K in the first few months. I haven’t made a major purchase in a while and I’m happy about that. However I’m planning to get a few spare rollers, lipos and parts for the summer.

Jeez. My 6s arrmas are pretty unbrekable with little upgrades. I spend like 100-200$ on rc in avg per month. Mostly spares and little upgrades like slowly replacing the stock arrma diff outdrive. A bit more recently been buying nero parts like crazy
I don't like to spend money for nothing. I try to minimize my loses everytime i can. Broke 2 wheelie bars on my notorious. 33commie dollars To replace. Thats already almost 70$ for a single part in less than a year.. decided to 3d print one. Reused the wheels and mounting brackets for them. My first one exploded on the first run in -10 weather when i landed directly on it on ice. Printed another one, pretty confident its going to hold up outside winter. I made a TPU one should have used that instead because it turns into an unbreakable rock when cold vs PETG.

Spektrum junk. Been acting funny during winter for now 2 years its quite remarkable its still going... winter of 2022 the car will stop moving on the second pack if it came to a dead stop. Needed a push to keep going. This year one day it it kept rebooting everytime i gave a throttle input, it went away once dried, on e when coming back home the car would randomly shut itself off, most annoying of all the brakes work when they want to. So i jumped and braked and it didnt brake. I have a snow cover my car came back home bone dry ebcause all the melting slow froze. Idk what im missing. All the issues went away during summer. Hope this year its the same thing

I really try to avoid any “money pit”. Defintion of a money pit for me is an RC that needs ton of upgrades to make it durable and reliable. If something in the drivetrain is an issue i don't want to hear poop about it lmao thats going to cost a shitton of $ to fix and i ain’t doing it.. I have put 50-100 packs trought my kraton and notorious with 0 breaks. The time i did it was Tiny crack in the hinge pin of the arm developing after constant torture. Straight up nothing breaks on my almost stock exb and notorious. Was close to selling my mew outcast 4s v2 after seeing the arms creating a chassis issue and the axles shadering. But thats because of the cold weather i hope. I have shaved 2mm off around the hinge pin hole to make it the same dimension to the ones on the v1 arms and made a big hole in the middle of the arm hopefully that takes care of the design flaw..

Last edited:
I got back into the hobby in 2019 and dropped 5k+ on 4 Traxxas cars, bling/upgrades, chargers, batteries, wheels, etc. I took a break after the pandemic and got back into it hard last year fixing up and bashing all 4 of my Traxxas cars. I have bought 9 new cars (3 drag slashes, 6 Arrma) since last September (all on sale) and spent another 1x - 2x that on more chargers, batteries, upgrades, and spare parts for all the new cars. I don't even want to add up what I have invested in total now on the 13 cars but I assume it's 12k -13k+ as I am still paying for some of it on 0%/18mo with my Prime card.

PXL_20230324_235153769.jpg

I thought I had it bad you need help 🤣 i

Agreed. I am literally reliving my teen years from the mid-80s.

My goal now is to start upgrading all these new cars, instead of buying more new cars, but that can obv end up costing as much as the car or more as I am sure u r aware based on ur pics. ;)

p.s. is that middle typhon a super-stretch xlwb?

Agreed. I am literally reliving my teen years from the mid-80s.

My goal now is to start upgrading all these new cars, instead of buying more new cars, but that can obv end up costing as much as the car or more as I am sure u r aware based on ur pics. ;)

p.s. is that middle typhon a super-stretch xlwb?
Yes it a Mojave chassis and Tp motor

Yes it a Mojave chassis and Tp motor
I bought 3 of the RTR Typhon this January when they were on super-sale. My plan was to LWB one and XLWB another one, but that is a long way off. For now, I just truggified one, added 13mm hex extensions to another, and am playing around with wheels and gearing/suspension and stock electronics.

I bought 3 of the RTR Typhon this January when they were on super-sale. My plan was to LWB one and XLWB another one, but that is a long way off. For now, I just truggified one, added 13mm hex extensions to another, and am playing around with wheels and gearing/suspension and stock electronics.
If you have any questions about the XLWB down the line Let me know

If you have any questions about the XLWB down the line Let me know
thx. I have a FireTeam that I got on sale so the only chassis I don't have experience with yet is the Kraton LWB... which has been tempting me at the Horizon TRUCK sale...

Hello everyone my name is Dale and I thought I had an addiction but after reading through a couple of these pages, I feel much better about myself thank you everyone. That being said I need to get back on the Internet so I can wash some more parts.

You a junkie just like us. Just wait for it .....🤣🤣

I've gotten much better. I've only spent like $40 in 3 months on parts . And I used cash. No credit card usage! My normal used to be at least $50 per week on credit cards. My god. I had lost my mind 😅. I've broken more parts, but luckily I had them in my stash. I'm even driving around with control arms with cracks on them. I don't replace them until they break off completely 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back