$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
So we hijacked a thread with this, so thought to move it over. Sometimes it just feels good to let it out, especially when you find out you're not the only one spending your kids inheritance or your retirement savings or whatever, on what looks like a toy to everyone else who doesn't own one. So here we go, SHOW ME THE MONEY! Any one insults a member about it, I close the thread. Me first. Hi, my name is Johnny and I'm an rc'holic. (not a very good one by the numbers)Two trucks, started Dec 26 2017, $5600 Canadian.
Slash 4x4 LCG and Arrma Notorious

Last edited:
Try to keep it recent, unless you've been going non stop. What you spent in the 80's doesn't count

Hi. my name is PJ and I am an rc'holic, but I started on Traxxas so I'm not ready to admit how much I've spent on those just yet. It's definitely way more than the initial price of the actual car in the case of my Rustler at this point. Baby steps...
Welcome PJ. You're in the right place. Baby steps.

Rigs only I guess is the easiest.

Kraton-about $700 wrapped up in it.
ET48.3-about $900 (already had RX and TX)
Granite-about $450-$500 (brushless conversion included)
Batteries- about $500
Charger-$110
This doesn’t include tools, replaced parts etc.

Rigs only I guess is the easiest.

Kraton-about $700 wrapped up in it.
ET48.3-about $900 (already had RX and TX)
Granite-about $450-$500 (brushless conversion included)
Batteries- about $500
Charger-$110
This doesn’t include tools, replaced parts etc.
Oh no no no. To be in this club, we need all the numbers. It's an important part of the 12 steps.

Hi I'm Paul. So far I'm in for Senton 3s $299, a Fazon Voltage $99, tires $60, batteries $150, tbone bumper $15, fast eddy bearings $25, charger $99,air compressor $189. Ok last one may not be RC related but I got it to help clean the cars so that counts.
Roughly $936 and that is just this month when I got back into it.
Outside of all this I bought a new TV. I'll be sleeping on the couch when credit card statement comes. It'll be OK since I have a new TV?

Last edited:
Hi I’m Sam and I’m an rc-aholic, I’m sorry that I can’t post how much I’ve spent, my wife may find out!
That's okay Sam, we understand. We're here when you're ready.

So far I'm in for Senton 3s $299, a Fazon Voltage $99, tires $60, batteries $150, tbone bumper $15, fast eddy bearings $25, charger $99,air compressor $189. Ok last one may not be RC related but I got it to help clean the cars so that counts.
Roughly $936 and that is just this month when I got back into it.
Outside of all this I bought a new TV. I'll be sleeping on the couch when credit card statement comes. It'll be OK since I have a new TV?
Nice save Roondog, TV was a great idea. Compressor counts as well, but you've fallen shy of the G note. Time to order some aluminum upgrades. Go, go now before you get too comfortable in front of the new TV. See you back next week. Don't forget to grab a coffee and donut on your way out.

Hell, I’m out in the garage looking at all our RC stuff, it drove me to drinking! It’s not even 5 yet. I’m about to take the 13th step in regards to the RC aholics
That meeting is in the room next door sir. This room is for people with serious problems.

Try to keep it recent, unless you've been going non stop. What you spent in the 80's doesn't count
Since the ‘87 with a Tamiya Blackfoot then lunchbox the following ? then another rc every ?through mid ‘90s. I’m 41 :sneaky:

For the last 20 years I would say minimum $1000-2000 a year on rc related stuff for myself :p

Since the ‘87 with a Tamiya Blackfoot then lunchbox the following ? then another rc every ?through mid ‘90s. I’m 41 :sneaky:

For the last 20 years I would say minimum $1000-2000 a year on rc related stuff for myself :p
But your builds are so spectacular. Happy to have you in our group.

Well, I don't have a problem. I could stop any time I want.... Just as soon as I get my Senton.
Somebody get the gurney with the belts! We need to hold this man down before he injects another shot of Arrma crack, the most addictive of them all!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back