$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a senton 3s, 430$ initial price
Batterys 150
Control arms 70
Shocks 85
Steering links suspention links and steering crank 85
Tires 200
Lubes 20
Join the club my friend, i should have just got a 6s... Your in the right place, basically i have a short course monster truck
I did the same thing with my first rc that brought me back into the hobby in 2017. Went to the hobby store, saw the SCT on display with a box that read 50mph plus. The guy told me how indestructible these new rc trucks were compared to what I used 30 years ago. He also didn't tell me how quickly plastic disintegrates at 50mph plus. Spent a year trying to turn it into a monster truck, then I finally learned about Arrma and their 1/8 scale. No regrets. Learned a lot and have a new appreciation for the hobby.

I did the same thing with my first rc that brought me back into the hobby in 2017. Went to the hobby store, saw the SCT on display with a box that read 50mph plus. The guy told me how indestructible these new rc trucks were compared to what I used 30 years ago. He also didn't tell me how quickly plastic disintegrates at 50mph plus. Spent a year trying to turn it into a monster truck, then I finally learned about Arrma and their 1/8 scale. No regrets. Learned a lot and have a new appreciation for the hobby.
Ya im thinking i should have gotten the 6s senton

Ya im thinking i should have gotten the 6s senton
Lots of time to increase your fleet. Weather's getting better, so go out and enjoy that truck you've put all that time and energy into. Master your driving skills, than when you go 6s, you'll be ready to rip, right out of the box.

I have a new one to add after this weekend, plus an ongoing, as my wife calls it, "issue". The issue, as she calls it, is that, i will wait on a part to be shipped to my house for my daily driver, even though the nearest parts store is only 10 miles away, but, i will not hesitate, even after working what i call a short day, to get out of work around 5, and drive 130 miles to the nearest decent hobby shop to pick up a 5 dollar part that i just have to have now for one of my RC cars (because, as we all know, a broken car that cant be ran is a bad thing), usually either a Redcat, or, on rare occasions one of my Arrma's. This weekend, we went out of town, 3.5 hours away to visit family, and, instead of visiting, i spent most of my Saturday chasing some parts for my Granite (i started in Syracuse, and then, by the time i was done, had ended up in Rochester, while stopping at 4 shops, and, for those who don't know, Syracuse and Rochester are over an hour apart, so, in total, i spent 5 hours on the road chasing RC parts, which, for what i was after, was only a total of about $43 with tax. I spent more in gas chasing the parts, but, that doesn't count), that i didnt really need, only to break 3 of the 4 cars i brought with me on Sunday, including the Granite, that broke a front a-arm, and, guess what, that's one part i don't have a spare of, so, i tried to hustle them to head back home by 4, just so i could stop on the way and pick one up, which didn't work. When we left, we took our smallest car, a Subaru Impreza wagon, and, with us and 2 kids, and all their stuff, i still managed to take my spare parts/tool box, 7 lipo's, 3 nimh's, 4 vehicle's (Arrma Granite, Arrma Fury, DHK Wolf 2, Redcat Blackout), but, on Sunday, blew 3 tires on the Redcat running 3S, burnt up the motor in the Wolf, and broke an a-arm on the Granite. The Fury survived without any issue except bald tires, again. My wife says i have went past addicted, but, doesn't complain, because, as she puts it, at least im not spending it on other women, so she is perfectly ok with what i spend, most of the time, although, one of the shops had a new Senton in blue, which i seriously want, and, she said, not until your real car is fixed, which means it will be at least a couple more weeks.

Lots of time to increase your fleet. Weather's getting better, so go out and enjoy that truck you've put all that time and energy into. Master your driving skills, than when you go 6s, you'll be ready to rip, right out of the box.
Ya i lost controle the other day, a rock got stuck in the steering and it ended up in a water filled ditch. Nopfully its ok. Still workes but seems too shut down after 10 mins i put my bat in a bag of rice. The receiver was coated with. Marine grease

Ya i lost controle the other day, a rock got stuck in the steering and it ended up in a water filled ditch. Nopfully its ok. Still workes but seems too shut down after 10 mins i put my bat in a bag of rice. The receiver was coated with. Marine grease
That seems abnormal to me, or maybe its just that every Arrma i have had, even the used ones i picked up and traded off, as long as they have the original Arrma electronics, they never cause me issues when getting soaked, and i never waterproof anything. I do use a FlySky radio and their supposedly waterproof receivers, so maybe that is the difference. This past weekend, i buried a Granite 4X4 deep enough that the entire body was under water, and it still ran fine right up until i destroyed a front control arm hitting a tree.

That seems abnormal to me, or maybe its just that every Arrma i have had, even the used ones i picked up and traded off, as long as they have the original Arrma electronics, they never cause me issues when getting soaked, and i never waterproof anything. I do use a FlySky radio and their supposedly waterproof receivers, so maybe that is the difference. This past weekend, i buried a Granite 4X4 deep enough that the entire body was under water, and it still ran fine right up until i destroyed a front control arm hitting a tree.
My esc and servo bit the dust when my Noto went into a small pond, upside down. It might have been okay if I had gotten it out quicker, but it took nearly 15 minutes to get down to where it was, and fish it out. The wheels were still turning when I got to it.

The only thing i have had happen that may be water related, was a Redcat Blackout that now has a steering issue after my nephew followed me through where i took the Granite yesterday (water above the body, followed by massive 4 wheel rooster tails getting out). The wheels all of a sudden turned full right, and even though it still steers, they always return to that position, but i haven't looked at it yet either, so i don't know what it is yet. I even completely wash each of the vehicles i run, using the sprayer in our spare bathroom, and i have never had an issue with any of them, but, i just think its due to my luck. Some day, it will go the other way, and then ill be in trouble.

Ya i put mt tires on my senton and it don't seem to like it, need to change my pinion

I have a new one to add after this weekend, plus an ongoing, as my wife calls it, "issue". The issue, as she calls it, is that, i will wait on a part to be shipped to my house for my daily driver, even though the nearest parts store is only 10 miles away, but, i will not hesitate, even after working what i call a short day, to get out of work around 5, and drive 130 miles to the nearest decent hobby shop to pick up a 5 dollar part that i just have to have now for one of my RC cars (because, as we all know, a broken car that cant be ran is a bad thing), usually either a Redcat, or, on rare occasions one of my Arrma's. This weekend, we went out of town, 3.5 hours away to visit family, and, instead of visiting, i spent most of my Saturday chasing some parts for my Granite (i started in Syracuse, and then, by the time i was done, had ended up in Rochester, while stopping at 4 shops, and, for those who don't know, Syracuse and Rochester are over an hour apart, so, in total, i spent 5 hours on the road chasing RC parts, which, for what i was after, was only a total of about $43 with tax. I spent more in gas chasing the parts, but, that doesn't count), that i didnt really need, only to break 3 of the 4 cars i brought with me on Sunday, including the Granite, that broke a front a-arm, and, guess what, that's one part i don't have a spare of, so, i tried to hustle them to head back home by 4, just so i could stop on the way and pick one up, which didn't work. When we left, we took our smallest car, a Subaru Impreza wagon, and, with us and 2 kids, and all their stuff, i still managed to take my spare parts/tool box, 7 lipo's, 3 nimh's, 4 vehicle's (Arrma Granite, Arrma Fury, DHK Wolf 2, Redcat Blackout), but, on Sunday, blew 3 tires on the Redcat running 3S, burnt up the motor in the Wolf, and broke an a-arm on the Granite. The Fury survived without any issue except bald tires, again. My wife says i have went past addicted, but, doesn't complain, because, as she puts it, at least im not spending it on other women, so she is perfectly ok with what i spend, most of the time, although, one of the shops had a new Senton in blue, which i seriously want, and, she said, not until your real car is fixed, which means it will be at least a couple more weeks.
Next time you are in Rochester will you stop at Wegmans for me and pick up some Zweigles white hots? It has been years and years and I still can't stop craving them.

Next time you are in Rochester will you stop at Wegmans for me and pick up some Zweigles white hots? It has been years and years and I still can't stop craving them.
I could, but im not sure how good they would be by the time i shipped them to you. If i was to get them for you, i wouldn't have to go very far, since both the Wegmans about 5 miles from my house, as well as several other places less than 20 miles from me all carry them. You can order them online, and have them sent to you from here (https://www.nystyledeli.com/cgi-bin...ield=dl_location&mv_search_page=results3.html), or, see about having a local store order them for you. They would probably be fresher that way.

I could, but im not sure how good they would be by the time i shipped them to you. If i was to get them for you, i wouldn't have to go very far, since both the Wegmans about 5 miles from my house, as well as several other places less than 20 miles from me all carry them. You can order them online, and have them sent to you from here (https://www.nystyledeli.com/cgi-bin...ield=dl_location&mv_search_page=results3.html), or, see about having a local store order them for you. They would probably be fresher that way.
Yeah I was kidding about sending them. Can't get them locally. I have tried. Having them shipped is cost prohibitive. But I do crave them.

Hi, my name is Tigger and I'm an rc'holic - and what a GREAT problem to have and share with all of you. ;)

Started bouncin' in the late 80's (Tyco Bandit, PT Trainer .049) but really took off in the late 90's (Monster Beetle, Traxxas Nitro Stampede, RC10GT). The rest was a blur. :).

Last edited:
Hi I'm Paul uk rc nut started with a select 10sc last year into it by approximately £6000 cars batteries and bits and still looking I think I'm addicted
Hi I'm Paul uk rc nut started just over a year ago 10 cars later and approximately £6000 later batteries &upgrades I believe I'm addicted cause I'm still looking

Hi, my name is Tigger and I'm an rc'holic - and what a GREAT problem to have and share with all of you. ;)

Started bouncin' in the late 80's (Tyco Bandit, PT Trainer .049) but really took off in the late 90's (Monster Beetle, Traxxas Nitro Stampede, RC10GT). The rest was a blur. :).
Hi I'm Paul uk rc nut started with a select 10sc last year into it by approximately £6000 cars batteries and bits and still looking I think I'm addicted
Hi I'm Paul uk rc nut started just over a year ago 10 cars later and approximately £6000 later batteries &upgrades I believe I'm addicted cause I'm still looking
Well done gentlemen. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Now that you got that out of your system, shut up and go post more pictures of those amazing rides. Coffee and donuts in the hall on your way out.?

Well done gentlemen. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Now that you got that out of your system, shut up and go post more pictures of those amazing rides. Coffee and donuts in the hall on your way out.?

Who's got coffee? I brought the donuts. ( pic from today's new found bash spot.)

20190909_133756.jpg

DBXL-E / losi raptor / WR8 flux / E revo / poor slash can't find the doughnuts great coffee

Attachments

• 20190707_183635.jpg
    20190707_183635.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190609_220341.jpg
    20190609_220341.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190418_195903-1.jpg
    20190418_195903-1.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 26
  • 20190314_174317.jpg
    20190314_174317.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190419_190345.jpg
    20190419_190345.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 26
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back