Kraton RCP’s EXB Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QC on this EXB is really slacking..? all the diff problems people are having and now you've got a wheel that wasn't fitted correctly !!

Seriously considering canceling my pre-order and buying the 8s Outcast instead ?
?? I know huh? I will say, I have not split any of my diffs yet. Mostly because I want to make horizon pay for any breakages, and lets be honest I was really excited to get in there and try it. And if one of my diffs break, I can a. Wait for new parts. B. Just rebuild using V4 Tech till my horizon replacements came ??‍♂️ and so far, nothing in the diffs sounds bad, or performs bad. So that’s a plus. I have as many diff parts as I could get on the way as spares anyhow so.. we’ll see how it goes. I sent them a warranty thing online and haven’t heard back about my wheels. I’m skeptical I’ll get a replacement of those for sure. ??‍♂️

I blew the r/c budget this month all started with exb I should have Friday, than for electrics I decided to use infraction electrics in exb so I ordered max 5 and tp motor for kraton 8s and I’ll use stock 8s system in infraction. Than I ordered all parts and gears to make 8s work in infraction limitless spool and such, than ordered bunch of m2c stuff for kraton 8s to make that set up work.
image.jpg

I blew the r/c budget this month all started with exb I should have Friday, than for electrics I decided to use infraction electrics in exb so I ordered max 5 and tp motor for kraton 8s and I’ll use stock 8s system in infraction. Than I ordered all parts and gears to make 8s work in infraction limitless spool and such, than ordered bunch of m2c stuff for kraton 8s to make that set up work. View attachment 92942
I hear you. It snowballs quickly when you have multiple projects in work lol.

Right now I have in work, or at least partially in work:

Kraton exb - wheel eff’d up but with other wheels 100% functioning. (warrently claim i/w)

Kraton beast build (parts all here)

Kraton 8s - nothing broken, just making it beefy. (parts inbound)

Kraton XL - bent towers and other misc upgrades (parts inbound)

Typhon 6s - bent towers , but still 100% functioning. Exb parts for it on the wall, and inbound.

Parts wall is starting to receive some EXB parts. (More inbound)
BC787B70-784B-423B-B648-D4D0979CE3E2.jpeg

It's a testament to Arrma that they have raised expectations to where they are. When the K8S came out people expected a "large scale" Kraton that would perform the same as the 6S version. Was that unrealistic? I think so, but the majority of the Arrma customer base had no experience with large scale trucks. Then they came out with the EXB and people expected it to drive through cinder blocks unscathed ? The shim issue is a real bummer for them but I blame the Chinese for that (along with the King Flu!?).

Got my replacement wheels the other day... put em on and went for my first full... well, what I thought was going to be full run.

rear diff blew up.

contacted horizon again, we’ll see if they replace this as well. ??‍♂️

Got my replacement wheels the other day... put em on and went for my first full... well, what I thought was going to be full run.

rear diff blew up.

contacted horizon again, we’ll see if they replace this as well. ??‍♂️
Had you shimmed it since purchase?

Had you shimmed it since purchase?
I thought about it... until I saw the other guys who did do that and theirs blew up anyways... figured I’d just run it with full fluid and see how it went. It’s bad enough arrma makes us top the fluid up to their leaking/not full diffs from the factory.

Figured I’d let them pay for their mistakes and send me replacements!

Did you have any issues with them sending you replacement parts?

I thought about it... until I saw the other guys who did do that and theirs blew up anyways... figured I’d just run it with full fluid and see how it went. It’s bad enough arrma makes us top the fluid up to their leaking/not full diffs from the factory.

Figured I’d let them pay for their mistakes and send me replacements!

Did you have any issues with them sending you replacement parts?
Other than I’m still waiting for parts ???‍♂️??‍♂️

I thought about it... until I saw the other guys who did do that and theirs blew up anyways... figured I’d just run it with full fluid and see how it went.
This has been my approach and so far so good through 3 batteries using the castle 1717 combo on 20/50 gearing.

Horizon just got back to me, they said that diffs are on backorder but are expected at the end of the month... hopefully that boat has mine and my wife’s infractions on it too. ?? @jondilly1974 , looks like you’ll get your diff soon bud ??

Horizon just got back to me, they said that diffs are on backorder but are expected at the end of the month... hopefully that boat has mine and my wife’s infractions on it too. ?? @jondilly1974 , looks like you’ll get your diff soon bud ??
I am about to buy a second EXB at my LHS and part it out ?✌?

I am about to buy a second EXB at my LHS and part it out ?✌?
I bought one of the front EXB diffs from Jenny's when everyone started reporting issues with the rear. I hope I never need it, but I doubt I'll be so lucky.

I bought one of the front EXB diffs from Jenny's when everyone started reporting issues with the rear. I hope I never need it, but I doubt I'll be so lucky.
I ordered F/C/R from Jennys when they became available. Still not here yet tho ? should be any day. Also getting my rear warrantied by horizon. ??

Would ya look at that, last post, aug 19th... when my warranty replacement diff was ordered.. (the first one) now here we are.. finally got my warranty diff ! (2nd one ordered was the proper open rear diff, 1st ordered was the lsd and it’s still on backorder)

put the new diff in, after I took it apart and drained and filled it with 20k...

I’m going to take out the front and do it up with 50k.

I have not opened the center yet, and am wondering if I should or if I should just let it ride ... ?

FFA8D930-9E0C-4D2D-9811-AEBABE09D01A.jpeg
1BE6DC3B-6F78-4C50-ACDA-D4A1E9E825AA.jpeg

Ok. So the EXB got the carbon treatment to go with the rest of my carbon builds I have going.

Also decided to add a little beef with the lightening , so I installed a Pps mount and also m2c center braces.
she also got a displacement reduction lol. Put the 1717 in the limitless and put a spektrum combo in. 👍🏻
E5064DE3-995D-4580-85A0-997656930F73.jpeg
3DB2D011-C67B-4A35-B3C8-BA65352846CA.jpeg
C9EB2A65-3C4E-433E-9551-A6B4A8B6078F.jpeg
1A836EFF-3526-443E-98EE-FB3C810CCC6F.jpeg
76C71EF4-E686-46C6-BD61-0C009CC82E00.jpeg
385E2548-27DB-4CBB-B630-6D42BD9EE140.jpeg
18584D6D-ACEE-4D8D-A671-2D92593BAB09.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back