RCP’s Kronos XTR’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the EXB the braces are not 7075 that come with it, most likely 6061. At least CoRally makes their own 7075 braces. There are three levels to some parts like the kronos shock towers. You have the rtr, XTR and Swiss Tune 7075 which are these beauties.
View attachment 138382
Theres a large Hobby shop kind of local to me that stocks many of their parts and all of the rtr's (the XTR is sold out though). I think these guys are the real deal and Arrma better get their sh!t together. I would buy this thing over an EXB any day of the week.
I think you hit the nail on the head good buddy 👍🏻👍🏻 My thoughts exactly...

those Swiss made 7075 parts really set them aside from the rest... gooooood stuff 👍🏻

@Rcproponent ... you need these too 😉
https://www.corally.com/Car-Parts-T...ally-CVD-Drive-Shaft-Long-Rear-Wide-Hub-1-pc/

If you click Kronos XTR / Tuning parts they are about midway down the page..!!

I will be getting them next week hopefully, Max6 arrives today 😎 and I'm stuck at work......
Also in the same order I got 1x of each arm and all the diff gaskets.
Still can't decide on 4092 or 4082 🤔

Did you run it with the setup you posted earlier "Hobbywing max6 with hobbystar 4585 1580kv and 17T pinion" what was the speed like ??

@Rcproponent ... you need these too 😉
https://www.corally.com/Car-Parts-T...ally-CVD-Drive-Shaft-Long-Rear-Wide-Hub-1-pc/

If you click Kronos XTR / Tuning parts they are about midway down the page..!!

I will be getting them next week hopefully, Max6 arrives today 😎 and I'm stuck at work......
Also in the same order I got 1x of each arm and all the diff gaskets.
Still can't decide on 4092 or 4082 🤔

Did you run it with the setup you posted earlier "Hobbywing max6 with hobbystar 4585 1580kv and 17T pinion" what was the speed like ??
Haven’t run the speed run yet... Still waiting on another xt90 🤦🏻‍♂️ Didn’t have one in my

what’s the story on the rear “wide” drive shafts ?? What’s different ?

I ordered the 4092 cause I’m afraid this 4585 is gonna be too heavy... wondering how the 4092 will compare.. 🤔🤔

there is a lot to like about this model for sure. The chassis does seem to be a little bit more spacious on the exb model though, which I would say is a plus for the exb.

Open ended battery tray on the Arrmas fits some pretty big batteries with wires sticking out of the rear of the pack. Esc area looks bigger too.
I have the older versions of Arrmas and lots of spares. Many of those spares are not a direct fit the new exb or rtrs. There’s no real advantage sticking to another Arrma if I would want a new basher if none of my spares fit it.
Rchobbyexplosion has a 25$ off coupon which brings the xtr to 415$. The extra 40$ body (direct fit to my k6s) seems like pretty solid deal...
I guess support is the biggest reason to stick with a Horizon product.

Last edited:
I guess support is the biggest reason to stick with a Horizon product.
This last part is the funniest, because over here it's the other way round HH is awful for us in the UK, but also because of Brexit I think Corally could be a pain in the ass too, but only time will tell 🤔😉

I will be ordering some bits from Corally direct next week, wish me luck 🤣

I don't have any brand loyalty anymore but I do have quite a bit invested into my Arrma's so I couldn't just give up Arrma and move to Corally..!!

what’s the story on the rear “wide” drive shafts ?? What’s different ?
Those drive shafts I quoted you are CVD driveshafts, so no dogbones to lose if you pop an arm..!!
If you look at all the high end kits they all run 4x cvds, dogbones are just for RTR's really to keep the cost down 😉👍🏼

Same situation here in Australia re Horizon, there's no support whatsoever. In fact, being in and out of this hobby for decades I've observed that when a company is incorporated under the Horizon umbrella things generally start going downhill. Prices go up, quality goes down.
I don't believe Horizon is inherently bad, they're highly successful and one of the biggest distributors, and to maintain their stronghold they probably need to do things such as find ways to reduce their overheads. Long story short, they reduce quality and increase prices to maintain and keep their business sustainable, and we all end up paying more to support their warranty and support services that are mainly only applicable to US residents.

I find Team Corally to be a breath of fresh air. They're free to do things their way and are in complete control of their decisions, their goodwill and reputation is solely in their hands. I think brands such as Arrma and Losi were once this way, but things have changed now.

My sentiments are reflected in my most recent purchases of Arrma and Corally vehicles. I've had to to a lot with my Arrma vehicles to achieve the results I expected (and paid for) out of the box whereas with Corally I didn't have to do a thing aside from charge a battery and drive.

It's all subjective in the end. We all do what works best for us.

My 2nd xtr showed up today... along with all my new Swiss 7075 diff parts 🤩🤩 oh man these are some nice pieces ....
E4259FC3-84B2-47B9-A527-7C012A76E07F.jpeg
5F5B7603-F8FA-48B7-873D-22F067B0DE48.jpeg
now I get to ship the XTR out... it’s going to be fitted for some new stuff if you will 🤣😂... if you wanna know what that means just check back in a week or so 👀

My 2nd xtr showed up today... along with all my new Swiss 7075 diff parts 🤩🤩 oh man these are some nice pieces .... View attachment 138551View attachment 138552now I get to ship the XTR out... it’s going to be fitted for some new stuff if you will 🤣😂... if you wanna know what that means just check back in a week or so 👀
Bet that things gonna be sharp when you get it back!😎💪🏼

Call me curious george .. but I had to know ...
F752A0BE-CEE8-4753-BAC1-EABCE567CCFA.jpeg
C5F32CFB-EF31-4503-8CEA-D1AA763B69E5.jpeg
BB89934B-3679-4785-ADEB-30D51BFFD2A2.jpeg
A0A37092-BBF1-4711-BA17-28B43193BADA.jpeg
2BBE0744-B24D-4E8A-9A65-6F38D5F3FFF0.jpeg
EFF206C9-766F-43D4-99B1-D268797A860A.jpeg
100% direct bolt on. I modified nothing... aside from the rears being slightly shorter than the kratons... there were a “perfect fit”

comparing the arms now... it would seem as if the Kronos is slightly narrower than the Kraton.

Last edited:
find ways to reduce their overheads.
Working for a Very large corporation that bought our small company I can tell you they are 90% overhead. Idk about horizon but that’s how it is for us. You kind of lose your say for the greater good of the corporation. Not saying it’s all bad, but it’s not all good either.

it’s going to be fitted for some new stuff if you will
Sending it out eh? Interesting, one thing I would make for these is the front and rear body mount/tower supports out of aluminum. Even with the carbon inserts they are sticking up there pretty high and look a little exposed.

I ordered one of these as well from rc explosion. With the coupon, free body, shipping and no tax they were forcing me to. Arrma and Losi got a lot of my 2020 money. We have to get this post Covid (hopefully...) worldwide economy going so I’m just trying to do my small part...

You are going all out on this....wait a minute, I forgot who I was talking to. :love: (y)
I am just checking the shocks out while I rebuild the Kronos shocks.. I found nothing to be wrong with the Kronos shocks... just would like a little thicker fluid especially since right now the 4585 is a bit heavier than what that chassis should really have... hoping the 4092 comes Monday. Think that’s what I’ll end up going with..
Working for a Very large corporation that bought our small company I can tell you they are 90% overhead. Idk about horizon but that’s how it is for us. You kind of lose your say for the greater good of the corporation. Not saying it’s all bad, but it’s not all good either.

Sending it out eh? Interesting, one thing I would make for these is the front and rear body mount/tower supports out of aluminum. Even with the carbon inserts they are sticking up there pretty high and look a little exposed.

I ordered one of these as well from rc explosion. With the coupon, free body, shipping and no tax they were forcing me to. Arrma and Losi got a lot of my 2020 money. We have to get this post Covid (hopefully...) worldwide economy going so I’m just trying to do my small part...
Yes, it’s getting fitted for some new parts that will be available for it. 😎

I am glad that you got one! You will enjoy it as I have I am sure :) congrats on your new purchase!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back