RCP’s Kronos XTR’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... I took it to the skate park and broke it... I almost don’t want to make a video because last time that I broke the car everyone on the internet wanted to blame the car lol. Totally my fault... and again... was totally my fault... I launched it in the air about 15 feet ... and when it came down it was most certainly not on all 4’s lol. Broke a shock mount... 🤷🏻‍♂️

it’ll be back up again soon.. in the mean time... Swiss 7075 parts...
FB7D8FE8-C32E-4822-9BB6-08D6AF3946DA.jpeg

I'm jealous...😎😉
I can't even get that front brace for mine it's out of stock everywhere 😩 (starting to feel like an Arrma, no stock 😉🤣)

You need to let me know if you think those suspension holders are the same as stock but just black ??
Personally I've no idea how to find out what's 7075 and what's not, but if it were me I'd weigh them that way at least you'd know there was some difference even if it's just paint 🤣

I'm jealous...😎😉
I can't even get that front brace for mine it's out of stock everywhere 😩 (starting to feel like an Arrma, no stock 😉🤣)

You need to let me know if you think those suspension holders are the same as stock but just black ??
Personally I've no idea how to find out what's 7075 and what's not, but if it were me I'd weigh them that way at least you'd know there was some difference even if it's just paint 🤣
I had to get my rear brace from Finland... lol got to my house in 2 days ... which is crazy fast! @razorrc wasnt joking... some kinda crazy elves or something at euro rc.. lol

Because of Brexit, EuroRC will only allow baskets of £150.00 shipped to the UK..😩 so if I want to use them I'll have to order the Swiss 7075 chassis to make up the cost..😉🤣
I was just about to say, then I read the rest of your post... lol

towers and chassis!

mine should be here within a few days and I will report back on quality! I have no doubt it’ll be just like the rest of the Swiss 7075 parts which have all been top notch 👌🏻
Not sure how I missed this thread, but that XTR is looking nice!
Thanks buddy! :)

I used your idea of putting kraton springs on the shocks... then crashed shortly after 😂🤣 so I’m waiting on shock standoffs but just from the bench test they felt better 👍🏻👍🏻

@Rcproponent ... do you have to pay import taxes etc when you get parts from overseas.??
That brace was ...
48,81 €

I also had to pay a very small foreign transaction fee 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just knew I wanted it... I’m sure it would have eventually landed in stock somewhere in the states but I’m impatient 😂🤣

After a nice rip yesterday with my tbone airtime ramp I finally popped out a pivot ball. I didn’t get much footage as I was just focused on driving the car. I will try to get something up to see soon. But she’s all back together and ready to rip again now 👍🏻👍🏻
DCCFAADC-C6E8-4A6B-AF81-7EEEEEC22073.jpeg

Glad to see that it is back together... do I spy Arrma shocks on there now?
Yes sir, I threw some kraton shocks on there... only for the availability of the rod ends and other shock parts. 👍🏻👍🏻 I have 20 sets of arrma shock rod ends and numerous sets of kraton shocks... better for spares and I like this truck so I wanna keep it going! Also fun finding out what fits from other platforms..

Makes sense... There is some Tekno shock ends that might work with the TC shocks... TKR 6140C... I have some if you want to try them out... they fit a smaller shaft that the Arrma parts so they might work for the TC.
Hurricane

Makes sense... There is some Tekno shock ends that might work with the TC shocks... TKR 6140C... I have some if you want to try them out... they fit a smaller shaft that the Arrma parts so they might work for the TC.
Hurricane
Thanks brother I appreciate the offer.

I did find some more damage... good thing though... I was replacing the part I found damage on lol... the two forward most screws the hold the bulkhead on were loose and wouldn’t tighten... assuming on one of my nose plant landings.. anywho.. I went to take that off and found out it was in 2 pieces 😂🤣 so it’s a good thing I was changing it...
6E1A2FEA-389F-406B-822B-A19AEA9BC663.jpeg

also.. the screw that holds the chassis brace to the top plate was bent as well..
8D3F55A1-B275-4FAB-98DD-AB82A453699A.jpeg
I also found a slightly bent Ackerman so straightened that...
F447D876-4ADB-4FDE-B408-324886A433A3.jpeg
so while I was in the bulkhead I was pleasantly surprised with this ...
F36A57D1-54E7-4D12-9916-CE66DCEBE434.jpeg
it has some beefy gears in this thing... 🤩 TC on the left arrma on the right.

Thats it for now, will have more later.

I had mine out again yesterday too. I had to replace a steering block because this time the ballls ripped and broke it. I also notice how nice the ring and inputs are on these. Anyway, getting a few packs thru it and that’s really my only complaint, little more plastic on those steering blocks. I’m running a blx185 with an old fuse 1600kv 4272 motor and 16t pinion. Crazy fast...

My Kronos XTR arrived tonight! It's a gorgeous truck to look at and admire, quite striking and detailed.

Threw all the electronics in (stock Corally setup) however need to wait until tomorrow before a test drive. I did whip it up and down the hallway until wifey gave me the look. 👮‍♀️

Does the Kronos RTR really come with the 7225 servo? It's what I've used in my XTR and it seems underpowered for this size of car so I'll be looking at upgrading it as soon as I can. Would increasing the ESC BEC help at all?

P.s. I found a small black rubber o-ring on the table when I had finished. Only thing I dismantled was the receiver box (to route wiring), the motor mount to mount the motor and the top roof brace to set pinion mesh without my view being obscured. Any idea where it comes from? If you look closely you can see it near the left rear wheel.

IMG20210427184259.jpg

My Kronos XTR arrived tonight! It's a gorgeous truck to look at and admire, quite striking and detailed.

Threw all the electronics in (stock Corally setup) however need to wait until tomorrow before a test drive. I did whip it up and down the hallway until wifey gave me the look. 👮‍♀️

Does the Kronos RTR really come with the 7225 servo? It's what I've used in my XTR and it seems underpowered for this size of car so I'll be looking at upgrading it as soon as I can. Would increasing the ESC BEC help at all?

P.s. I found a small black rubber o-ring on the table when I had finished. Only thing I dismantled was the receiver box (to route wiring), the motor mount to mount the motor and the top roof brace to set pinion mesh without my view being obscured. Any idea where it comes from? If you look closely you can see it near the left rear wheel.

View attachment 142276
Welcome to the XTR club..!!😉😍

If you look on the pins that hold the center plastic bridge tower piece on I believe that is where that tiny o-ring comes from..👍🏼

Edit... @Funky

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 22.55.59.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back