RCP’s Kronos XTR’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Kronos XTR arrived tonight! It's a gorgeous truck to look at and admire, quite striking and detailed.

Threw all the electronics in (stock Corally setup) however need to wait until tomorrow before a test drive. I did whip it up and down the hallway until wifey gave me the look. 👮‍♀️

Does the Kronos RTR really come with the 7225 servo? It's what I've used in my XTR and it seems underpowered for this size of car so I'll be looking at upgrading it as soon as I can. Would increasing the ESC BEC help at all?

P.s. I found a small black rubber o-ring on the table when I had finished. Only thing I dismantled was the receiver box (to route wiring), the motor mount to mount the motor and the top roof brace to set pinion mesh without my view being obscured. Any idea where it comes from? If you look closely you can see it near the left rear wheel.

View attachment 142276
Awesome man, i used to think I didn’t like the way these cars looked but that quickly changed once I owned one... I’m stoked that they come with extra bodies and I bought 2 so i had a couple custom bodies which only made their beauty even better 😂🤣 so I hear ya! What color you planning for your second body?

I am planning on throwing the stock system in the second one when it comes back here in the next week or so.. then I’ll be comparing it to the kraton with a stock spektrum system in it. Looks like @BashingBrian figured out your o-ring! 💪🏻💪🏻 If your servo is rated for higher id crank it up to the max the esc has available.. and if your planning to swap the servo anyways I might run it at 7.4 anyways haha. Did you go through the diffs? Mine were pretty low on oil when I received mine. But it wasn’t dry and that I was thankful for.

Undecided on colour, aside from thinking I want something bright.

I'll try turning up the BEC but plan on upgrading the servo regardless.

Diffs were okay, probably just under half full which is better than nothing I suppose.

Undecided on colour, aside from thinking I want something bright.

I'll try turning up the BEC but plan on upgrading the servo regardless.

Diffs were okay, probably just under half full which is better than nothing I suppose.
How’s the servo saver. Mine was a little loose for my liking. I’m not using that servo though, went with a cheap amazon 25g I had. Steers about like the Kraton with 6s backflips.

How’s the servo saver. Mine was a little loose for my liking. I’m not using that servo though, went with a cheap amazon 25g I had. Steers about like the Kraton with 6s backflips.
Mine was a little loose for my liking as well.. tightened it and also applied blue loctite this last time as I think it works it’s way loose ... same “problem” the v3’s had but I’d still take this design over the new design... adding c clips sucks... loctite is a much better method IMO 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've not noticed any slop with the servo saver however I've not had much time with this truck yet.

I did manage to squeeze in a quick rip up and down the street tonight. It brought a huge smile to my face. So damn fast with superb handling. It certainly feels a lot better than my Kraton, just more power and speed with a smoother drivetrain and refined handling.

So far I absolutely love it but will need to spend more time with it to form a proper verdict.

Amazed by the build quality. All that nice carbon fibre and 7075 aluminium, with little accented details, gorgeous. So well braced and the chassis is so rigid. It's a solid platform in my opinion, maybe just a few minor tweaks needed to perfect it.

@BashingBrian

Thanks for the info regarding the rubber washer / o-ring. I checked it out and both are present, so I'm guessing that a superfluous o-ring dropped into the car on the assembly line and fell out when I tipped it upsidedown to install the electronics.

I set the BEC to 7.4V and that definitely livened up the servo. So much so that I'm not going to bother upgrading it until this 7225 dies.

Fixed my bulkhead and fitted a TBR front bumper. Had to drill 2 new holes, front two lined up perfect.. we’ll see if if it holds up 🤷🏻‍♂️
DA23036E-E86D-48BD-83F6-103118D73B2D.jpeg
E7A9684B-CDF2-4228-95A2-ED4FC09F9A2A.jpeg
8C8DA509-ECE5-4F08-924E-0FDC82FDE978.jpeg

Have you run it with those Kaiju tyres, any good..??
Still not run mine yet 😩 waiting for better weather.. ( and a let up in work )
Was thinking of using the Kraton Copperheads maybe 🤔 ( have a set of BF LP's on standby too )

Have you run it with those Kaiju tyres, any good..??
Still not run mine yet 😩 waiting for better weather.. ( and a let up in work )
Was thinking of using the Kraton Copperheads maybe 🤔 ( have a set of BF LP's on standby too )
I did take it for a brief rip on the kaiju tires... I think it’s going to be a perfect match for the car... little bit shorter than the backflip LP’s so it keeps it down pretty good !

copperheads or BFLP would be a good choice... once these kaiju tires have had their share of abuse I will put the backflips back on to compare👍🏻

Nice honest summary 😎
I can't even get those carbon inserts for the braces..!! no stock anywhere in UK or Europe..😩
Thanks buddy !! That sucks about the stock :( hopefully they might trickle in somewhere... I wonder how bad shipping would be from us to uk🤔

Last edited:
That's awesome! I know as we both were talking to her lately she has just moved to a bigger space and getting more equipment so I'd bet she starts producing for more brands and getting a larger selection👍 I know my parts where absolutely flawless and fit perfectly for the Limitless she really does produce some amazing products!

That's awesome! I know as we both were talking to her lately she has just moved to a bigger space and getting more equipment so I'd bet she starts producing for more brands and getting a larger selection👍 I know my parts where absolutely flawless and fit perfectly for the Limitless she really does produce some amazing products!
Kimberly is the best... simply top notch. The BEST customer care. Not to mention amazing and tough products.

Bigger place more expansion! I am tuned in to see what’s next from the @Basherqueen !!

Kimberly is the best... simply top notch. The BEST customer care. Not to mention amazing and tough products.

Bigger place more expansion! I am tuned in to see what’s next from the @Basherqueen !!
Agree 100%!! I am very happy for her to be able to expand and as you said can't wait to see what she has coming in the near future 🤓

That looks brilliant! I'm going to do the same, Basherqueen rocks! Those suspension mounts look nice and thick, love it.

I received my order from EuroRC, bit expensive but parts came super quick. I had to replace a front drive shaft and front swar bar due to the pivot ball popping out and making a mess of things. Also lost the rear wing plastic washer / spacer thingy so grabbed one of those.

Fitted a cap pack too and removed one of the XT90s as it's neater and I only run a single pack anyways.

IMG20210514144804.jpg

Did a neat enough job and got it installed as close to the ESC as possible. Next time around I reckon I'll do even better, one of those things you have to do once and learn from.

That looks brilliant! I'm going to do the same, Basherqueen rocks! Those suspension mounts look nice and thick, love it.

I received my order from EuroRC, bit expensive but parts came super quick. I had to replace a front drive shaft and front swar bar due to the pivot ball popping out and making a mess of things. Also lost the rear wing plastic washer / spacer thingy so grabbed one of those.

Fitted a cap pack too and removed one of the XT90s as it's neater and I only run a single pack anyways.

View attachment 145547

Did a neat enough job and got it installed as close to the ESC as possible. Next time around I reckon I'll do even better, one of those things you have to do once and learn from.
Yep! Those are arrma 6s M2C shock standoffs and arrma shock covers 🤑

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back