Re-build infraction v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PshmokN’EM887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
Rebuilding my infraction v2 into c8 body with new chassis and maybe a 1650kv I’m currently running 1260kv can’t go over 75 so I’ve decided to rebuild and do maintenance.
any tips on the re-build gladly appreciate it
Some pics of me tearing it down to move some components to the new chassis and some are going to be refurbished to stay on the old infraction chassis and that one is going back to 6s and the rebuild on the new chassis is going to be 8s.

C4709E45-13B5-4432-8184-CB3927C01B20.jpeg

855CE6B1-A33B-4131-A5E3-4681E3DD898A.jpeg

If you are serious about getting better speeds, you don't need that "Hand Brake " setup. I would remove the Br.disk altogether.

If you are serious about getting better speeds, you don't need that "Hand Brake " setup. I would remove the Br.disk altogether.

Some people use the handbrake on speed runners as an auxiliary brake. Set it so that it only applies light pressure and you can save your motor the wear and heat from stopping the vehicle.

Rebuilding my infraction v2 into c8 body with new chassis and maybe a 1650kv I’m currently running 1260kv can’t go over 75 so I’ve decided to rebuild and do maintenance.
any tips on the re-build gladly appreciate it
Some pics of me tearing it down to move some components to the new chassis and some are going to be refurbished to stay on the old infraction chassis and that one is going back to 6s and the rebuild on the new chassis is going to be 8s.

View attachment 165284

View attachment 165285
What the heck is this?! A rider? Good luck charm? 🤔

2C90F873-4402-41B1-932C-435420773294.jpeg

Will do I was already annoyed with it and was told it creates heat too irk if it’s true but I’ll take you up on that advice I will have to adjust my breaking tho.
What the heck is this?! A rider? Good luck charm? 🤔

View attachment 165355
Lmao that’s ditsy’s my son name the rig and that’s her in her rig lol
Some people use the handbrake on speed runners as an auxiliary brake. Set it so that it only applies light pressure and you can save your motor the wear and heat from stopping the vehicle.
Yeah that’s what I use it for but it’s adjusted to hard stop so light pressure set up won’t mess with my speed you think?

^^^ you got the idea. (y) (y) (y)
That HB is just a novelty marketting feature IMHO. The novelty wears off quickly and it just makes the chassis bloated with needless fluff/parts that's rarely used. More of a liability IMHO. It will just waste your BEC overhead. I personally feel it was bad implimentation for the sake of marketting. It was simply not designed for high speed running braking. It was there for low speed bash drifting. Not 90+ MPH braking. The rear driveshaft has enough problems with speed running as it is. The HB just adds insult to injury IMHO. Get rid of that Rear Driveshaft BB support if you still have that. It is useless and a liability. Been there. Consider upgrading the Rear Driveshaft. Front stocker Driveshaft is ok to leave in place.
Good luck.:cool:

Last edited:
^^^ you got the idea. (y) (y) (y)
That HB is just a novelty marketting feature IMHO. The novelty wears off quickly and it just makes the chassis bloated with needless fluff/parts that's rarely used. More of a liability IMHO. It will just waste your BEC overhead. I personally feel it was bad implimentation for the sake of marketting. It was simply not designed for high speed running braking. It was there for low speed bash drifting. Not 90+ MPH braking. The rear driveshaft has enough problems with speed running as it is. The HB just adds insult to injury IMHO. Get rid of that Rear Driveshaft BB support if you still have that. It is useless and a liability. Been there. Consider upgrading the Rear Driveshaft. Front stocker Driveshaft is ok to leave in place.
Good luck.:cool:
Yeah I’ve had this conversation with some people in the community even hobby shop owners have told me that the HB creates more isssues than it what it helps with so yeah Thanks and will do .I have a set of dog bones from scorched parts I’ll be using them as part of the new set up.

I would like to give CF shafts a try. Tried the rest. Extreme vibration comes from that long rear shaft. Even the upgrades. At least for me. Shafts that are Lighter than Ti may be even better?

I would like to give CF shafts a try. Tried the rest. Extreme vibration comes from that long rear shaft. Even the upgrades. At least for me. Shafts that are Lighter than Ti may be even better?
Do you have a link for it ?,first time I hear about those and would like to see I can use longer ones the scorched ones ,same length the rcawd has them longer but they bent I think I’m going to Pinocchio spool it what do you think about that? What issues may I run into ?
Now what brake is out the because a lot of you said better off without it 34 spool 33 pinion ?????? Also how can I bring the inside plastic back or it’s not possible?

Attachments

• 4168D0C5-E1EA-4E6C-A1C6-EF4CFDE17832.jpeg
    4168D0C5-E1EA-4E6C-A1C6-EF4CFDE17832.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 46
Update !!!!!
let me know guys what you think ?
I feel like every time I rebuild I get better I just started this hobby 9 months ago !hopefully I join the 90-100 mph club ! Fingers crossed.

9C9FC596-37C6-489F-BA27-2154B78835BB.jpeg

A6B7C957-78E0-402B-851F-50FAF31EDF37.jpeg

3BBF7821-0DC3-4354-9CDA-FCD26F954A35.jpeg

86648A2B-5063-4D9E-86C6-8FE1F21A95DC.jpeg

A874DADD-405C-48D6-AB38-086183F53B10.jpeg

0D7D876B-7D8A-4E60-985A-10A449358AA3.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back