read about CA glue being the same as super glue..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Is there any difference between them? I mean getting some from the dollar store is super cheap? Can I just use that to glue tires? I am not going 60mph or something, just stock 35mph, will it work?

Cyanoacrylate (CA) glue is synonymous with super glue. The only differences between all super-glues and CA glues is the thickness and dry time - both of which are controlled by additives. Hobby CA glue typically dries to tack in 1-3 minutes and comes with a fine tip applicator which is very helpful for precise placement of glue on the tire. You don't want the glue getting into the foam (some foams melt from glue) nor do you want a messy thick glue bead.

If you can get super-glue with a tip applicator, it's just as good as any "CA glue" sold for hobbies.

Cyanoacrylate (CA) glue is synonymous with super glue. The only differences between all super-glues and CA glues is the thickness and dry time - both of which are controlled by additives. Hobby CA glue typically dries to tack in 1-3 minutes and comes with a fine tip applicator which is very helpful for precise placement of glue on the tire. You don't want the glue getting into the foam (some foams melt from glue) nor do you want a messy thick glue bead.

If you can get super-glue with a tip applicator, it's just as good as any "CA glue" sold for hobbies.
Yeah, just need to glue some cheap china eBay tires so it doesn't really matter about the fit and finish haha, will definitely try to find the tip applicator for when I get better tires, hopefully the $1 super glue works out, thanks man

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back