Read some useful info from SMC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Good info. Actually made a thread about this a little while ago.

I run series packs anyway because we're talking about an extra 5 or 10 runs total that you're missing out on by running in series as long as you make sure to rotate batteries.

Oh nah it’s all good. It wasn’t the EXACT same so more is better

Very interesting read, and I've just bought a couple of 3s packs to run in series..??‍♀️??
Ah don’t beat yourself up about it, besides, as long as you rotate the packs regularly, you won’t have any lifespan issues compared to a 6s brick. Also with a 6s brick, some cells will wear out quicker than others because you can’t rotate the internal cells therefore it’s also got some sort of resistance issue. Better yet, replacing one 3s pack is a lot easier on the wallet than replacing a whole 6s brick just because one cell died.

Ah don’t beat yourself up about it, besides, as long as you rotate the packs regularly, you won’t have any lifespan issues compared to a 6s brick. Also with a 6s brick, some cells will wear out quicker than others because you can’t rotate the internal cells therefore it’s also got some sort of resistance issue. Better yet, replacing one 3s pack is a lot easier on the wallet than replacing a whole 6s brick just because one cell died.

But can you really replace just one in a pair? I had a battery go bad that was part of a pair that had probably 50 cycles on them. I took the good one and dedicated it to my 3s truck and bought two new batteries for the 6s truck. I didn’t want to mix old and new batteries.

But can you really replace just one in a pair? I had a battery go bad that was part of a pair that had probably 50 cycles on them. I took the good one and dedicated it to my 3s truck and bought two new batteries for the 6s truck. I didn’t want to mix old and new batteries.
I would do the same thing. I have 4 SMC 7400mah 2S packs that I always run in only my trucks that use same pairs together, ERBEv1, Savage Flux and Outcast. I had 4 7200's that I used in my smaller trucks as single packs. When one of my "paired" packs dies, I'd buy 2 to replace it, then probably dismantle it as likely only once cell is bad and make a 3S out of the bad one and remaining paired one for my smaller trucks that I now run 3S in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back