Real or Fake? The performancelimitless 908 body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
This has to be one of more controversial things I've seen. People come in to the groups on facebook and on here trying to sell a body that doesn't exist. Renders look cool. But its just vaporware. Words are exchanged, things get heated. Are these guys scammers? They are clearly stirring up controversy claiming this new body has been computer tested to 250.
I thought it looked cool. I did some digging. Felt pretty legit, no big scam red flags - so I gave them money.

And today it arrived. And its flipping awesome. Here is basically what I put out on facebook.

So many of you wanted to know if performancelimitless and the 908 body were real or a scam. I received a package today that proves not only is it legit, its rather gorgeous. Here is what I can provide being 30 minutes out of the package. It came packaged nicely. It came with some stickers and nice note.
It does fit a GT chassis car. It isn't going to fit a stock limitless without side skirt extensions.
It does clear large batteries. I have CHNL 9500 4s batteries with the tall end up. I didn't cut or fit the body for these photos, so it is sitting up higher. But coercing the body down to install height, the body almost touches the plugs. So it has plenty of room.
This example came with a front splitter and a spoiler. The front splitter does not mate up with the scorched chassis without some trimming. Not a big deal, but maybe something they can improve on when the carbon parts come out. Its not real clear how the spoiler installs. Some brief instructions or at least a picture included would be nice.
Will it go 250 as they claim? I certainly can't answer that. I'm kind of hoping one of the big 3 give it a solid rip. I will say that I think this body has solid potential to be a faster body than the Ford C100. It seems much cleaner aerodynamically. Appears after trimming it to fit that the rear ducktail is going to mate up with the arma diffuser nicely. I'm excited to get this one trimmed up and mounted.
I originally wanted one of these to be a show body. I ended up picking up a second one with the intention to fit it to this GT car and run it.

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg

1.jpg

Looks great indeed. It appears you have some room to lower the body down quite a bit more after some further trimming.
The rear shape will induce lift and will need a rear wing for sure.

My concern about the front is if it produces enough downforce. (Comparing to the legendary FC100 body)

Unlike a supercar that might have 1-2 miles to get up to its 200+ top speed, we have around 1/3 to 1/2 mile distance before we cannot see the car anymore.

Looks great indeed. It appears you have some room to lower the body down quite a bit more after some further trimming.

My concern about the front is if it produces enough downforce. (Comparing to the legendary FC100 body)

Unlike a supercar that might have 1-2 miles to get up to its 200+ top speed, we have around 1/3 to 1/2 mile distance before we cannot see the car anymore.
Someone needs to do an fpv speed run with a limitless! Would be amazing :love:

As Porsche found with the original 908. There were some very different iterations in the rear wings based on circuits, from cartoonishly big/long wings, to smaller ones with no horizontal stabilizer, to just a set of fins like we do with our speed runners. It’s tough to squint the eyes and see how “scale” it is while it’s clear and unpainted. The proportions look different. Looking forward to seeing this one dressed.

This has to be one of more controversial things I've seen. People come in to the groups on facebook and on here trying to sell a body that doesn't exist. Renders look cool. But its just vaporware. Words are exchanged, things get heated. Are these guys scammers? They are clearly stirring up controversy claiming this new body has been computer tested to 250.
I thought it looked cool. I did some digging. Felt pretty legit, no big scam red flags - so I gave them money.

And today it arrived. And its flipping awesome. Here is basically what I put out on facebook.

So many of you wanted to know if performancelimitless and the 908 body were real or a scam. I received a package today that proves not only is it legit, its rather gorgeous. Here is what I can provide being 30 minutes out of the package. It came packaged nicely. It came with some stickers and nice note.
It does fit a GT chassis car. It isn't going to fit a stock limitless without side skirt extensions.
It does clear large batteries. I have CHNL 9500 4s batteries with the tall end up. I didn't cut or fit the body for these photos, so it is sitting up higher. But coercing the body down to install height, the body almost touches the plugs. So it has plenty of room.
This example came with a front splitter and a spoiler. The front splitter does not mate up with the scorched chassis without some trimming. Not a big deal, but maybe something they can improve on when the carbon parts come out. Its not real clear how the spoiler installs. Some brief instructions or at least a picture included would be nice.
Will it go 250 as they claim? I certainly can't answer that. I'm kind of hoping one of the big 3 give it a solid rip. I will say that I think this body has solid potential to be a faster body than the Ford C100. It seems much cleaner aerodynamically. Appears after trimming it to fit that the rear ducktail is going to mate up with the arma diffuser nicely. I'm excited to get this one trimmed up and mounted.
I originally wanted one of these to be a show body. I ended up picking up a second one with the intention to fit it to this GT car and run it.

View attachment 294044
View attachment 294045
View attachment 294046
View attachment 294047View attachment 294048

View attachment 294049
Glad it worked out for ya....if these guys say its legit....you are good to go!!

Cant be too careful....lots of scammers out there,,,yup yup

And yet another reason why this forum is excellent......

View attachment 294044
View attachment 294045
View attachment 294046

View attachment 294049
I’m really interested in this, but after a couple of searches I’m coming up dry. Do you have a link?

Yeah, economical isn't the first adjective that comes to mind with these bodies, pretty though they may be. :LOL:
No, not really economical at all. Thats why initially I was just going to buy one for a show body.
Then they started talking discounts for multiple bodies, and the wheels started turning. I figure I'm still tuning my GT car - not many people will be running these bodies - maybe I should just be tuning with one of these.
I'm trying to work out what is a semi economical way of doing that. The discount gets better the more of them you get, so I was thinking about just getting 6 of them or so.
James responded on my facebook post that he has one and will be going into testing. So I think as soon as James puts out a video pulling 200+ people are going to jump on these.

No, not really economical at all. Thats why initially I was just going to buy one for a show body.
Then they started talking discounts for multiple bodies, and the wheels started turning. I figure I'm still tuning my GT car - not many people will be running these bodies - maybe I should just be tuning with one of these.
I'm trying to work out what is a semi economical way of doing that. The discount gets better the more of them you get, so I was thinking about just getting 6 of them or so.
James responded on my facebook post that he has one and will be going into testing. So I think as soon as James puts out a video pulling 200+ people are going to jump on these.
Yeah, those are super slippery lookin'. To my mind's wind tunnel eye, they look like they should do well. I just don't have the spare coin to be spending that much on a single body, I'd rather spend that elsewhere. I can see where a body like this can make sense if you're really pushing the edge of the envelope and looking for those last 1-3mph...but I could also understand if someone just thought it looks good and doesn't care about the cost.

We need to see the final trimmed result. The rear will still need to be cut out or the rear diffuser will be useless and work against you. A Wing mounted directly through the body and hard mounted to the Chassis is critical.
Have any pix of this setup by various others builds?
Definitely unique.:love:
Just my wallet doesn't agree.:whistle:

Damn if it was only 6" longer..😭 but waite. I can stretch it 👍😄
If you save $1.00 a day in 4 months it's yours😄👍

Last edited:

View attachment 294044
View attachment 294045
View attachment 294046

View attachment 294049
I don't doubt that this body has the potential for 250mph. The problem is, all that does you no good whatsoever when every tire currently available will explode long before you make it anywhere near that speed. The current state of affairs is that if you go past 175mph, the odds of blowing one or more tires appears to be somewhere around a coin toss. Until someone solves the tire issue and brings something to market that can reliably survive more than one 200mph+ pass, it's all just academic musings, at best.

I don't doubt that this body has the potential for 250mph. The problem is, all that does you no good whatsoever when every tire currently available will explode long before you make it anywhere near that speed. The current state of affairs is that if you go past 175mph, the odds of blowing one or more tires appears to be somewhere around a coin toss. Until someone solves the tire issue and brings something to market that can reliably survive more than one 200mph+ pass, it's all just academic musings, at best.
Yup. So I’ll happily stick to my $70ish bodies for now. For me, 125mph seems like a steep climb and 150 sounds like a pipe dream. I’ll be good with some GRP’s for a long while, I believe.

We need to see the final trimmed result. The rear will still need to be cut out or the rear diffuser will be useless and work against you. A Wing mounted directly through the body and hard mounted to the Chassis is critical.
Have any pix of this setup by various others builds?
Definitely unique.:love:
Just my wallet doesn't agree.:whistle:
So there aren't really any other builds out there to model after yet. The only reference i have are from a post the owner made on his personal facebook account of the prototype. The wing that was included in my package isn't the complete version of what they show. What I got were the two uprights and a horizontal piece. Then I got the shark fin piece they show in the renderings. The horizontal is the same width as what is in the pictures, but they didn't include any way to screw it all together. No lower extensions coming off the diffuser. I like the way theirs looks - but there is no way its rigid enough. I fully understand what they are showing here is for mock up purposes.

So I think I'll take two approaches at this. I'll try and use what they included. I'll use aluminum spacers and long screws to get the width on the verticals. If I'm not liking that I'll have my dad make me some aluminum stand offs. I'll use the horizontal they included and lay it flat to mate correctly with the wing mount uprights. Then I'll cut another horizontal wing to place above the first one and I'll angle that one for downforce.

If plan A doesn't work out - if I think its too flimsy - I'll go back to either the scorched carbon wing or the V2 batwing. I'll notch the body to clear it, and then I'll still add a second horizontal wing.

Might take me a few days to get all that sorted. I'll have to order spacers and the correct screws.

339911597_1028582288114790_4547571673747739352_n.jpg

339748703_247525910952185_4502224684363336560_n.jpg

Love it.
Sure looks like a nice worn bar of soap there.
We need some PB's now to see how she goes....

Yup. So I’ll happily stick to my $70ish bodies for now. For me, 125mph seems like a steep climb and 150 sounds like a pipe dream. I’ll be good with some GRP’s for a long while, I believe.
I don't know what sort of roads you have at your disposal for speed running but, assuming a halfway decent road of 1500ft. length, I think you might find yourself surprised by how attainable 125mph is and even 150mph has moved into the realm of 4S speed running which not all that long ago, if I'm not mistaken, would have gotten you laughed out of the room had you suggested it. But nowadays...to call it commonplace would be doing it a disservice but you do see it happening quite often at this point. Maybe your pipes were made for dreaming...we shall see :)
So there aren't really any other builds out there to model after yet. The only reference i have are from a post the owner made on his personal facebook account of the prototype. The wing that was included in my package isn't the complete version of what they show. What I got were the two uprights and a horizontal piece. Then I got the shark fin piece they show in the renderings. The horizontal is the same width as what is in the pictures, but they didn't include any way to screw it all together. No lower extensions coming off the diffuser. I like the way theirs looks - but there is no way its rigid enough. I fully understand what they are showing here is for mock up purposes.

So I think I'll take two approaches at this. I'll try and use what they included. I'll use aluminum spacers and long screws to get the width on the verticals. If I'm not liking that I'll have my dad make me some aluminum stand offs. I'll use the horizontal they included and lay it flat to mate correctly with the wing mount uprights. Then I'll cut another horizontal wing to place above the first one and I'll angle that one for downforce.

If plan A doesn't work out - if I think its too flimsy - I'll go back to either the scorched carbon wing or the V2 batwing. I'll notch the body to clear it, and then I'll still add a second horizontal wing.

Might take me a few days to get all that sorted. I'll have to order spacers and the correct screws.

View attachment 294246

View attachment 294247
Really dig that body. The wing does look like it's going to be a bit of trial and error to arrive at something that's both aesthetically pleasing and, more importantly, functional. But I'm sure you'll make it happen. Good stuff bro (y)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back