Real or Fake? The performancelimitless 908 body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But hey, look at it this way. If you did crash on a 4000ft billiard table, you'd at least have rubber bumpers along the sides to soften the impact. :)
And I bet I’d still scratch! 😂 See what I did there?

:) this body 908 defintrelly exist :) I finishing my car - foto below

Left to finish
- antenna mount (dual antenna with diversity V shape
- 3d printed vertical 3cm stabiliser on end of wing
- distance spacer to move body out of back whell

I leave little longer body - and need design from scratch back wing - my choose :)

My back wing is adjustable - initial angle is about 5 degree and max is 16 degree (fixed by M3 screw)

Body will be tested on Limitless roller - this car already pass max 163 mph with old GT body.

Specially for test purporse i use last tested configuration with data log - 141 mph 8S XLX2 2028 800kv
only one changes will be NEW BODY :) to compare if really air drag is lower.

https://sites.google.com/view/jerryrcspeedrun

During ride I specially push car 5 scond longer on full to test battery - car need 10kW from battery to hold 225 km/h
(all data from ride on bottom of link)

work in progress :)

1683237397328.png

1683237477420.png

1683237577291.png

1683237603592.png

more detail to see on YT

I have in garage hobby CNC and I can design and create parts for my own use :) - this very help.

WORK IN PROGRESS

Last edited:

Left to finish

I leave little longer body - and need design from scratch back wing - my choose :)

My back wing is adjustable - initial angle is about 5 degree and max is 16 degree (fixed by M3 screw)

Body will be tested on Limitless roller - this car already pass max 163 mph with old GT body.

Specially for test purporse i use last tested configuration with data log - 141 mph 8S XLX2 2028 800kv

During ride I specially push car 5 scond longer on full to test battery - car need 10kW from battery to hold 225 km/h

View attachment 297375

View attachment 297376

View attachment 297377
View attachment 297378

more detail to see on YT

I have in garage hobby CNC and I can design and create parts for my own use :) - this very help.

WORK IN PROGRESS
Nice work, can’t wait to see the difference in top speed!

In end of season 2022 i changed motor to 1100kv "need for speed" ;-) should go up to 300km, but attum and winter not allow for test. Now I specially back to slower 800kv specially for comparable results.

If I push full throttle and will be less ampers ;-) that will mean Cx parameter is better in 908 body. Max speed should be little hugheer too.

I'm excited too.

In end of season 2022 i changed motor to 1100kv "need for speed" ;-) should go up to 300km, but attum and winter not allow for test. Now I specially back to slower 800kv specially for comparable results.

If I push full throttle and will be less ampers ;-) that will mean Cx parameter is better in 908 body. Max speed should be little hugheer too.

I'm excited too.

Welcome to the Arrma forum friend.

Left to finish

View attachment 297375

View attachment 297376

View attachment 297377
View attachment 297378

more detail to see on YT

WORK IN PROGRESS
I really like your body mount system. Nicely done (y) :)

lack of time ;-( ... but in meantime SPRING changed to new 3x stronger. Ordered in local spring factory.
20230512_022105.jpg

Photo show how to insert spacer made from 10mm pneumatic tube.

almost done... but stil something left todo

to all plastic parts need install spring thread for solid hold m3 screw

tbc

DECALC... hmm this is ordinary electeic tape ;-)

Screenshot_20230511_141939.jpg

I’ve got 15 of these bodies coming so I’m pretty excited to get them in my hands

Not sure how I’m going to paint them yet but I’m sure I’ll figure it out 🙄

Woow !!!!

In my opinion painting one color is optimum, syper complicated and beautiful painting mask shape of body.

I for example decide additionally have longer back and need design from scratch whole wing.

I'm very interested every new implementation ;-)

Screenshot_20230527-181939_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230527-182409_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230527-182014_Photos.jpg

I'm currently discussing picking one up with you on facebook.
I bet Davide likes you right now!
I’m doing a bulk order of 15 to start with

Just want to see what the quality looks like before I go too far..I think they don’t come with any plastic on the outside which means I’ll be liquid masking the inside and outside to paint them

This body is not LEXAN - this is PET-G. Not this same type foil on top like we know from lexan.

Inpainted outside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back