Really need help ESC fan dead after replacing servo!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So I replaced the stock servo in my Outcast & went and set the new endpoints, ran a quick trip down my street to check alignment, and when it comes back the esc fan shuts down. Knowing that it pretty much always is running this is immediately alarming. I know the servo & esc wires are in the correct ports. I was going to run a ProTek glitch buster I have in my Revo which is running dual 1258's. But could the servo do that? My Revo has what appears to be the same size fan, I'm thinking of using it for testing, otherwise everything is running fine, the new servo, the truck has power, no blinking lights, so now what? Should I give Arrma a call tomorrow, or did I void the warranty by switching servos? Thanks for any help

So I replaced the stock servo in my Outcast & went and set the new endpoints, ran a quick trip down my street to check alignment, and when it comes back the esc fan shuts down. Knowing that it pretty much always is running this is immediately alarming. I know the servo & esc wires are in the correct ports. I was going to run a ProTek glitch buster I have in my Revo which is running dual 1258's. But could the servo do that? My Revo has what appears to be the same size fan, I'm thinking of using it for testing, otherwise everything is running fine, the new servo, the truck has power, no blinking lights, so now what? Should I give Arrma a call tomorrow, or did I void the warranty by switching servos? Thanks for any help
I'd pull the fan and check to see if the wires pulled loose. Pretty common. And changing servos won't void your warranty ??

I'd pull the fan and check to see if the wires pulled loose. Pretty common. And changing servos won't void your warranty ??
Already did, in fact had the entire fan off today cause after I removed the esc (for the servo wire) I noticed that it was full of dried grass on the heatsink. So removed the fan, plugged it back in according to the little sticker on the side of the esc. Is it safe to take a multimeter to the fan leads on the esc & test to see if I'm getting any voltage?

Already did, in fact had the entire fan off today cause after I removed the esc (for the servo wire) I noticed that it was full of dried grass on the heatsink. So removed the fan, plugged it back in according to the little sticker on the side of the esc. Is it safe to take a multimeter to the fan leads on the esc & test to see if I'm getting any voltage?
Yes. Definitely safe. You can also connect a known working fan as well (that's what I do).

Yes. Definitely safe. You can also connect a known working fan as well (that's what I do).
That's what I plan on, had to stop working and rush off to the in law's for Sunday dinner, as soon as I get back I'm ripping out the fan from my Revo, and giving it a whirl. I'll update with my findings later. Thanks Bickty for your assistance.

Update: Just a blown fan here folks, nothing to see here! So, I took the fan outa my Revo (exact match in all dimensions), but because it was my only spare I took a multimeter to the esc, 5.98VDC, right on the money, slid the TRX fan in, and bam up and running. On the plus side the TRX fan is a better fan, moves way more air. Another precaution is I went ahead & moved the ProTek Glitch Buster over to the Outcast to absorb and spikes going both ways. Don't wanna have to replace a futaba 304SB reciever.??

Update: Just a blown fan here folks, nothing to see here! So, I took the fan outa my Revo (exact match in all dimensions), but because it was my only spare I took a multimeter to the esc, 5.98VDC, right on the money, slid the TRX fan in, and bam up and running. On the plus side the TRX fan is a better fan, moves way more air. Another precaution is I went ahead & moved the ProTek Glitch Buster over to the Outcast to absorb and spikes going both ways. Don't wanna have to replace a futaba 304SB reciever.??
Glitchbusters are one of those super simple but very effective things. Best of luck man.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back