Outcast Really ticked off with Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
I called today about my motor mount, the one that stripped because its not made very well apparently, certainly had nothing to do with me who made sure not to tighten to anything more than enough so it won't fall out. They tell me its backordered until the end of April. I asked what I should tell my son that wants to drive his truck and the person responded I"m sorry there is nothing we can do. Seriously? You sell a 500 dollar truck with defective parts and there is nothing you can do? She said I could buy one in the meantime and then I would have a spare. Like a motor mount should ever go bad???? I stayed calm but really wanted to say maybe you could send me the money for the motor mount and I'll buy it at any one of the various places that do have it in stock or maybe you can go to a box and open up a truck and take out the motor mount. I can't imagine that they have no kraton or outcast or whatever else uses that mount sitting around.

Basically if you buy one of these and its defective out of the box, they expect you to spend your own money to fix it until they can bother to send parts months later.

EDIT: The worst part is I wouldn't have this issue if I didn't need to take out the motor to remove the quality arrma pinion that sheared off half the teeth.

So you strip the motor mount, then Arrma agree's to cover it under warranty (good for them, but certainly doesn't need to be covered), but says they are on back order until April and you're mad they won't pull a new motor mount out of thin air for you? Um okay!

Its steel bolts into alumium mounts. You gotta be easy man. Just loctite that and do a quarter turn past tight.

Sucks its on backorder, but you're going to find a hard time getting sympathy for a stripped bolt. I hope you're able to find a work around get it back to going.

The pinions aren't the strongest, so I'll agree with you there though. To be fair, most stock gears in RCs are soft. Get a robinson racing or hot racing one and you won't have to worry with it any more.

I'm sorry, but they are going to send you a replacement under warranty. They just happen to be out of stock. You can say they should go pull one out of a running truck but come on, let's be reasonable. I wouldn't have a problem waiting if they were replacing it for free. Look at it as an opportunity to teach your son patience, and that sometimes things break, and you have to work on them. You could teach him how to change diff fluids since you already have the center diff out.

there is a difference between breaking and defective. The ball links for the steering were defective. Luckily ordered some when I ordered the truck as the warranty ones took at least 2 weeks to show up. I don't think it's asking too much on a 500 dollar truck to be able to use it.

I bought a new pinion. Didn't even think about warranty until I saw multiple other pictures of pinions cracked the same way.

I've replaced lots of parts on my kids traxxas but he actually broke those and the parts are actually available.

Its steel bolts into alumium mounts. You gotta be easy man. Just loctite that and do a quarter turn past tight.

Sucks its on backorder, but you're going to find a hard time getting sympathy for a stripped bolt. I hope you're able to find a work around get it back to going.

The pinions aren't the strongest, so I'll agree with you there though. To be fair, most stock gears in RCs are soft. Get a robinson racing or hot racing one and you won't have to worry with it any more.

Why do you think you can get so many Traxxas and third party spare parts for traxxas?
Because the traxxas are so stable?...
Ok it´s not nice that so many Arrma parts in back order. But it´s also not nice to expect from such new brand the same parts availability like traxxas it has. Specially the third party parts. Traxxas is much longer in the market and had pushed a lot with their marketing.
Some Arrma parts may be a bit weak, but if you compare the E-Revo with the Big Rock..... Never the E-Revo!

Well, if my pinion gear will break because of a small stone or something else... I just put a new one on and thats it. The amount of money for just an small gear is marginal. If its not already in the work bench! ;)

Your missing the point, I didn't buy another traxxas because the things aren't the most durable, but they aren't defective off the bat. This stuff is just defective. Imagine you pull the truck out of the box and the ESC doesn't work, after spending 500 dollars are you content to sit around for 3 months while Arrma has it on backorder?

As I said in another thread, I've had to warranty about two things in my years in the hobby, a servo and a radio. Never like this. I've spent more on this truck in 2 months then I have on my losi in 12 years.

Why do you think you can get so many Traxxas and third party spare parts for traxxas?
Because the traxxas are so stable?...
Ok it´s not nice that so many Arrma parts in back order. But it´s also not nice to expect from such new brand the same parts availability like traxxas it has. Specially the third party parts. Traxxas is much longer in the market and had pushed a lot with their marketing.
Some Arrma parts may be a bit weak, but if you compare the E-Revo with the Big Rock..... Never the E-Revo!

Well, if my pinion gear will break because of a small stone or something else... I just put a new one on and thats it. The amount of money for just an small gear is marginal. If its not already in the work bench! ;)

@robi,
I do not understand.....
If the car is not Ok out of the box, give it back.
If I have damaging from normal driving and it´s not my fault, I went to my dealer and maybe make a claim.

If you have damages from hard bashing, so it´s not every time the manufacturers fault.
I have my Big Rock now since 4 Month and just one part broken...My fault.
And if I switch my brain on before I pull the trottle, I keep my car without damaging.
Let be honest, the most damaging´s are drivers fault. Or Error between the ears or brain and fingers..
You can't get an bulletproof car for 500 Bucks... By the way, what will an Losi in this size cost? I think a lot more.

Sure, you´re unlucky with the part which is broken and sure sometimes occurs also mistakes by manufacturing.
Maybe also that the quality control has mistaken, but that is no reason to bash on Arrma. They started with an new design, new cars, new parts. It´s up to us to judge if the car which I like to buy his money worth. So no doubt, give Arrma the time to make it right.
As you maybe know, Arrma and other Chinese brands have problems. Let them work on it and all will be good.
In USA you have a great Consumer protection. we here in Germany nearly nothing!

Regards and good luck for the repair (and hopefully soon delivery of the spare part),

lonee

Who else gives you a 2 year warranty - that obviously covers user neglect as well because motor mounts don't strip themselves.
I know I actually think arrma should help them selves save money and do a 1 year warranty,we bash these rc's hard and still gt two years warranty. My outcast had a broken pinion I didn't bother with warranty then a few months after I couldn't gt no drive from motor contacted arrma they sent me new esc but miraculously my esc started working again so I know have one spare. Yes the problem was esc I tried everything and the stupid suggestions arrma recommended! It wouldn't let me reset it

Apparently they do strip themselves as I surely didn't strip it.

It sounds to me like Arrma is doing you a solid by offering to send you a replacement after you stripped the threads when you re-tightened the screws in your motor mount. And now you're going to whine because they're out of stock?

Re-tap the holes and/or get longer screws. Or, go buy one from a 3rd party and you'll have an extra when they send you one in April. It's really not that hard.

And think twice before complaining about excellent customer service.

Last edited:
I feel your pain to an extent. My other RCs are HPI who got bought out by another company recently. During the transition parts have been very hard to find, been waiting multiple months for some parts.

I recently broke the shock shaft on my Outcast. I was lucky and was able to find a pair on ebay, last one at the time that wasn't marked way up. Also need shock rod ends which are also on backorder. Thanks to some other members, I think I may have found a solution there as well.

But I agree with the frustration of having to wait for parts. It seems they are filling orders rather than having them on hand, which is frustrating to us, the user. But I also understand that I paid considerably less for my Arrma vehicles than most of the others at this quality and performance. I also understand that a lot of RC companies are going through tough times right now. Many of the RC companies have countless hours of R&D only to be copied by the Chinese companies, which as a whole, is hurting the entire industry. With that being said, I'll go through any hardships and roller coasters of the companies I respect and enjoy. There's been a lot of rumors of Hobbico being in tough times right now. There lineup, especially the Arrma lineup isn't going anywhere. If by the small chance they do go bankrupt, Hobbico can shed brands like General Motors did and come out stronger. Worst case scenario, someone else will buy up most, or at least the most successful brands of Hobbico (including Arrma) and continue to sell and offer support for them. I am riding this wave, just like I did HPI's wave because I believe in the product and fully enjoy the product. But I fully believe that all will be well. Just ride the wave..so to speak.

If I stripped it, you'd be right, but I didn't. longer screws is a good thought thought though if the hole has more thread. thanks

It sounds to me like Arrma is doing you a solid by offering to send you a replacement after you stripped the threads when you re-tightened the screws in your motor mount. And now you're going to whine because they're out of stock?

Re-tap the holes and/or get longer screws. Or, go buy one from a 3rd party and you'll have an extra when they send you one in April. It's really not that hard.

And think twice before complaining about excellent customer service.

Could argue all day about who stripped it or whether it was defective...fact is they're going to replace it when they get them in-stock so you can either wait for it, or go spend $15-20 at one of the numerous places that have it in stock and get it back running and have a spare when the replacement comes in.

The point is, motor mounts don't go bad. Its not like an A arm that is likely to break, so if I buy a spare, I'm just buying another part that likely should never break. Not to mention the fact that the warranty dwindles each time they sit for 3 months with no parts.

Install a helicoil in the striped hole,problem fixed and now will have stainless steel threads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back