Kraton Rear brace bolt keeps snapping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
The problem I’m having is with the bolt that goes through the chassis into the rear brace keeps snapping.
I have looked for a higher grade of bolt but have been unable to find anything. Thought about drilling it and going to 5mm but I hate to ruin a M2C brace. Have you guys had this issue and how did you fix it?

2BADC6AB-E24E-407A-99F4-CF295E4CD024.jpeg

That would definitely fix the issue.
I really like the lighter EXB chassis though. You think a new EXB chassis from Jenny’s would suffice? This one has been through a lot

image.jpg

I checked out JBI they have added a lot to their inventory. And you say delivery is quick? Thanks 🤩

No problem, I ordered on Monday and received on Friday. Jenny's is faster for me since I'm in NYC and they're in NJ if I order on Monday most times I get by Wednesday or Thursday the latest, it's almost Amazonesque

Yeah need a chassis. Its done.
I would stay with 12.9 grade hardware.

The problem I’m having is with the bolt that goes through the chassis into the rear brace keeps snapping.
I have looked for a higher grade of bolt but have been unable to find anything. Thought about drilling it and going to 5mm but I hate to ruin a M2C brace. Have you guys had this issue and how did you fix it?

View attachment 174470

Can you do me a favor and rotate one of those motor fan covers 90 degrees so they match up? Preferably the forward most fan 90 degrees counterclockwise lol.

Have you ever bent the chassis and hammered it back into place? Even on my non-exb chassis I have never snapped that bolt. Granted, if that chassis hasn't been de-anonized, I think it's definitely seen its fair share of abuse and may flex too much now.

Is that pic of a snapped bolt? It's strange how high up its snapped if so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back