Rear camber link mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdragon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi

I did a search and did not find any thing about this so I will post something I posted on another forum here.

This is a mod that I did to my Raider XL but it also should work on all of the other Arrma RC's that seem to have this same problem. The stock ball studs in this spot are to short to do there job properly. I was half way though my third run when this ball stud "UNSCREWED ITSELF" and the other side was on its way to doing the same thing. The turnbuckles will act like a wrench and slowly turn the ball studs out. Arrma sells the 4.5 X 13mm ball studs for $6 a pair, or you can get the Duratrax 4.5 X 15mm ball stud 4 pack for $2.70. After putting the longer ball studs on, put a locking nut on the other side like I did in the picture. Doing this will prevent the ball studs from ever coming out again.

IMG_1985_zps8roehtag.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I had the same thought but wasn't sure where to source them the right size.

On another note, did you switch the ball studs around to face forward or did they come like that? My granite came with them facing back which puts the link at an awkward angle and they pop off all the time.

Hi

I had to switch the ball studs around to face forward, but here is the interesting thing if you take a look at the manual this is how there suppose to be hooked up.

what my friend and i ended up coin on ours was used traxxas camber rods, open end on both and bolt and nut thru, then bolted them on the other end, cuz after awhile they would still just pop off,

ill get some pics

Hi

I had to switch the ball studs around to face forward, but here is the interesting thing if you take a look at the manual this is how there suppose to be hooked up.
So which way are they supposed to be set up and is there a picture of it facing forward?
Thanks

Hi

Here is a clip from the manual. The non adjustable turn buckles go on the other way, but the adjustable one go on this way.

tie%20rod_zpsshmrjgzq.jpg

Hi

I know, they like to contradict them selves. I am starting to think that Arrma does not have a very good R&D department. But as for the way I have it hooked up, it does work a lot better and there is no binding up.

Hi

I know, they like to contradict them selves. I am starting to think that Arrma does not have a very good R&D department. But as for the way I have it hooked up, it does work a lot better and there is no binding up.
I have ripped out the ball stud with the diagnal setup. So I think I'm going to try the strait setup. I think with the non adjustable mega links they would hit the shocks. So maybe they just started to build them all like the mega.

I will have to try this on my sons granite...... His pops off pretty often!
has it popped off anymore? (with the mod?)

Hi

I did a search and did not find any thing about this so I will post something I posted on another forum here.

This is a mod that I did to my Raider XL but it also should work on all of the other Arrma RC's that seem to have this same problem. The stock ball studs in this spot are to short to do there job properly. I was half way though my third run when this ball stud "UNSCREWED ITSELF" and the other side was on its way to doing the same thing. The turnbuckles will act like a wrench and slowly turn the ball studs out. Arrma sells the 4.5 X 13mm ball studs for $6 a pair, or you can get the Duratrax 4.5 X 15mm ball stud 4 pack for $2.70. After putting the longer ball studs on, put a locking nut on the other side like I did in the picture. Doing this will prevent the ball studs from ever coming out again.

IMG_1985_zps8roehtag.jpg
Hi Ajdragon, so does this mean I have to order the duratrax ball stud? or does this work with the ones given?

Hi

You'll have to get the longer ones the stock ones are too short.

Bump for some great info. I was tossing dog bones every pack (hence the orange paint) before reversing the direction of these studs. I've got a handful of packs under my belt like this and they have yet to come out.

image.jpeg

very helpful. thank you. I was daydreaming about this, didnt think it was a "thing" ordering asap.

curious, do you remember the size and source of the Locknuts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back