Rear camber link mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yes brother, $5 well spent. Nothing quite like snow wheelies with a 20 foot roost!

Btw, after much abuse, I finally threw a bone this week while hucking my rig over a 5 foot snow bank. The link stayed on but ripped out the ball stud so I suppose I need to complete the other half of this mod.

So i guess there working out well on the electric side too......... AWESOME! Made my day that has :);):p:D

Makes a sick rooster tail in the snow doesn't it buddy ;););)

If possible could you upload a quick video of them in action for everyone on the forum

Just for clarifying. I believe arrma did 2013 an overhaul of the manual and the 3d designer drawed the ball stud in the wrong direction.
since then u can find diverend pictures in the same manual with old and new drawings.
background.png

all new ones copyed the wrong direction of the ball stud.
you can find it in all version manuals: mega, bls and blx
background (1).png

i wrote arrma but never got a reply

i just think they went to save money an don't pay for a new 3d design.

Last edited:
They are on the wrong way round on the Mega Fury too,so what you'll also have to do is swap them over, i.e the left one goes on the right side and vice versa.

A word of warning though,if you change the position over on the Fury,then you'll also need to change the position of the ball-stud to the outermost hole on the hub.Otherwise you will end up with positive camber on the rear wheels,rather than negative camber.

Last edited:
I make my own links with 1/4" brakeline ,8-32 threadrod & traxxas ballends.

Bulletproof.

Can you post a pic? I don't understand how the brakeline comes into play??

Here is a shot of it...
Simply put ... Threadrod runs through the brakeline. Not only cleans it up in appearance but stiffens it real good

Attachments

• tmp_19978-20160419_103546-2080884665.jpg
    tmp_19978-20160419_103546-2080884665.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 64
Swampy,let's see if I've understood this correctly. You're making tie-rods from 1/4" i.d. brakeline tubing and using 1/4"(8/32")screwed rod to make them. How do you get the threaded rod through the brakeline? For those of us in Europe,that's using M6 rod to make these,what rod ends do you use,are they 1/8th scale ones?

Not sure how the conversion thing works but where i am...

8-32 threadrod slides into the 1/4" brakeline perfectly. Then using Traxxas rod ends Part#TRA5347

Measure to desired length.
*note: threadrod length needs i think 8mm or something length for the traxxas rodends. The brakeline goes between rodend to rod end not only adding strength but cleaning it all up.

Cut brakeline with tube-cutter.
Cut threadrod with hacksaw but clean ends (thread) up with a 8-32 nut.
Assemble.
Install onto car.
[DOUBLEPOST=1461611931][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is my mod job...
Now..keep in mind that the thread which is exposed here is only cuz the 86mm dogbones from HPI are too long. This puts +positive camber on rear wheels. When i get shorter dogbones which i ordered, this gap will be back to being none.

Back it up with metric hardware rather then those goofy ballcups which i have NEVER been a fan of...even on touring cars! Lol

Attachments

• 20160425_121242.jpg
    20160425_121242.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hi

Well I had to replace the rear outer ball cups with captured tie rod ends, the ball cups kept popping every time I rolled over. The new Chopper tires I got are to blame for all of the rolling over it does now.
IMG_2370.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back