Kraton Rear chassis brace question + M2C steering bell crank set

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dajman73

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hi all

Sorry if this question has been answered but I cannot find it! After the experience of you guys please…….

just got a new K8s EXB and curious why rear chassis brace isn’t connected in the middle to the chassis itself? It sits approx 5-10mm above? Should I put a bolt and spacer through to connect it tight? I believe it is connected on RTR version?

Also, I’ve got HW 800kv 56113 motor. I had to “shave” a little off the steering bell crank arm to clear the motor and on first jump…….it broke!! 🤬🤬. Does the M2C setup fit and clear the 800kv motor without any issues? I’m looking to get that if ok

thanks in advance for your answers 👍

Pictures of the that rear brace would help. The braces are clipped/pinned in place I believe??? Not 100% sure.
Something seems wrong there.

See here. I’ve seen YouTube videos of people putting a spacer inbetween and then a nut and bolt through. Why is it sitting above chassis as stock though? Sure;y it would come connected if it needed to be connected?

1B926F35-C914-4337-BD3B-0B5188BF101D.jpeg

The m2c set up should fit and clear the 800kv. I can’t recall on the brace issue.

Good question. I don't own one. But have had my hands on a K8S before.
Can it hurt to put in a bolt and spacers? I don't know if it even matters. Maybe a personal call. Trial and error. But I do see what you mean. Just no additional hardware/fasteners were supplied for those holes by Arrma/HH. You can make up your own. That is the way you are leaning, I imagine.
That brace was originally an Add-ON part, band-aid fix, post production, (not an originally intended part as designed by Arrma UK, for the K8S) It was created and shoe horned as an additional part after the first release of K8s's, guys were bending the chassis left and right if you just sneezed at it. It was a mess originally upon its release. And HH gave these brace/kits to some guys and not others. Some charged $25 for the kit by HH even though under warranty, some others not allowed to even get since on B/O. Some Customers turned down by HH altogether. Then ultimately this brace was included with all late release K8s's.
. One reason I am not fond of the K8 line. It was over hyped with many let downs. I can't afford to be a $slave$ to this kind of Arrma rig. Just me. :)
I'll let others chime in.
Good luck. :cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back