Rear diff housing and shock tower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
So I stripped the 4 diff housing screw threads on my outcast 6s and need other options. Longer screws with nuts? Metal diff housing? What screw wont snap off if I go the metal housing route? Where to get metal housings as I've only seen one and it was sold by a forum member.

Anyhoo what are my options? Already tried the zip tie fix.

You can simply add in some other material into the holes to get the screws to bite again. I like using a small zip tie cut to fit into the hole. It will snug up fine. Others use a dab of CA glue to help lock it in. That's optional IMO. Another item that may work would be some steel wool. Shove a little bit in there.

My B-day is coming up, so im thinking upgrades. I have been thinking of getting a thick chassis and figured since the threads are stripped another diff housing. Do the metal diff housing threads strip or snap screws easy? I'll add something to the threads zip ties still let loose. I'll likely pickup longer screws and nuts as well.

Do you by chance know the thread count on the 3mm? 48 or 56? Looking at fastenal as I have a few local. Are there any other sizes I should pick up while there? Im liking the HR housing. Kinda cool.

New diffcase/bulkhead and be mindful when tight is tight. I think you can use a bit longer screw on the top holes, but you may need to drill it deeper. I use 3mm cap heads anywhere there's a button head I can replace. Makes it less likely to strip the head using 2.5mm cap vs 2mm buttons.

Hot racing makes alloy diff cases, the diff cap itself is a separate piece. They aren't cheap.
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON12E01;c=1058
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON12C01;c=1058

Do you by chance know the thread count on the 3mm? 48 or 56? Looking at fastenal as I have a few local. Are there any other sizes I should pick up while there? Im liking the HR housing. Kinda cool.
M3 .5mm

These are the kind I buy, not sure what length for that specific part though, this is just an example:
https://www.mcmaster.com/91290A123

Yea, so I'm buying from them... ? they are better in quantity and price vs fastenal... Just gotta get a longer size. Thanks!
The shipping isn't cheap, when I buy there, I usually buy quite a bit to stock up because I think it's minimum of like $10 to ship, they use UPS. Not the most cost effective when your buying a bag of washers and nuts that costs $12. lol!

Well fastenal is $3 for 10 screws 15mm longer and 10k more tensile strength. where as that one you posted shows pack of 100 for 10 bucks. Quantity out weighs shipping i take it.

Ok will do. For grins I swung by a local fastenal and they don't have any m3 cap socket bolts in the whole DFW area!....?? sad as the wife says she wants me to take the kiddo bashing. Ugh... No luck at HD or lowes either

Ok, so I ordered online and picked up a 50pk of 20mm 3m socket head bolts and locking nuts from the same location that said no locations had any...?
The top rear diff bolts are a little short to put bolts on, so I'll try 25mm in those next. The lower bolts are long enough that the end of the thread sits flush with the nylon insert in the locking nut. No drilling required to run the screws through the diff housing ears was needed. They just run straight through.
Made some 15ft high jumps and nothing broke. Later I managed to ram a 4x4 sitting in a ditch and tore off the front bumper lmao! Ordered a. The t bone thrasher front bumper for the kraton. Hope it fits my outcast ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back