rear diff problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-Rock

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hello everyone,

Ive just resently received my new driveshaft (ar310870) , i bought these because i was tired of the joints popping

When installing the new ones i decided to replace oil for the rear and front diff, new bearings etc. everyting was feeling super smooth again.

When i put the wheels back on ( granite wheels on bigrock ), i noticed that the rear was not going as smooth as the front.
i figured out that when i put the wheelnut tight
( how i always do) the diff will go less smooth, if i loosen up the wheelnut abit then it will go smooth again..
but i have the feeling that the wheels will fall off when driving.

does anybody maybe have any idea what it could be and how to fix this problem?

the front has 100k weight and the rear 30k and only the rear is (ar310870) front is stock.

check the bearings in the rear hubs , I had a similar issue. I swapped them out and it was back to normal.

check the bearings in the rear hubs , I had a similar issue. I swapped them out and it was back to normal.
I just tried this option, and unfortunatly it didnt make any difference..

if i do my wheels up tight, it wont go smooth, 2 full turns loose and its alot smoother.

would it be fine to run it like that?

That I’m not sure as the wheel nut may come loose, are the wheels or hubs damaged in anyway , might also be worth checking the wheel hexes are properly seated.

I used to have that issue on trucks with plastic hex's. They would warp a bit when you tighten the wheel nut then cause the hub bearing to bind. Maybe try new hex's.

well i have finally figured it out...

the driveshaft ar310870 comes with some metal rings and extra plastic rings, the metals were already on and the plastic ones were loose in the bag.

when i replaced the metal rings for the plastic ones the problems were solved. everyting running smooth again.

thanks guys for the input

Back