Typhon rear diff spiral gear grinding on M2C chassi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely true dat. same here. There's just no discussion between M2c or Even JBI when comparing to stock. It flexes if you even look at on the shelf.:p The grinding aluminum turns to paste with the grease and wears out ring/pinion.
Won't happen with a Goliath.
Landing under load and jumps causes this. I could see the ring gear eventually wearing a hole thru.
He never ran it. It's a tolerance issue for sure.

Email from Mitch,

thanks for your input on that. A little grinding there will not effect the chassis. I will address this issue and check it out.
If you occur any issues, lmk and we will address it.
mitch

M2C RACING

I told him I was worry about grinding it down and he said shouldn't be an issue . Will see what happens when I install the rear.

But great customer service and he returns emails very fast.

I wouldn't shim the diff case away from the chassis as that will allow water and dirt to get in there more easily.

I wouldn't shim the diff case away from the chassis as that will allow water and dirt to get in there more easily.
Dremeling the recess is correct. Raising the bulkhead/housing seems like an option if a fairly thick gasket is used as a shim and will seal the housing to the chassis. But like Mich states, the chassis just needs a little more finessing with a Dremel at the ring gear recess. A non issue for the end user. Mich is on top of that.(y) Great support.

Those are nice but they can be made super easy. I might try it after when I rebuilt the diffs again.

I have sheets of gasket material lying around. I would make my own. They are disposable, so I feel its cheaper to cut them out of gasket sheets. I do that for my OS nitro. Cant find OE gaskets for that old OS anymore. Honestly never felt the need to use a gasket, but dirt does enter the housing over time. I noticed the K8 uses an o-ring at the F/R diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back