Granite Rear differential bulletproof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
So today after a year of running, the rear end starting making clicking noises and finally gave out. I haven’t taken it apart yet but what do i expect to see and is there any upgrades? With the wheels off the floor if i turn one wheel, the other obviously turns in the opposite direction but seems to bind halfway through the turn. As far as i knew these diffs were heavy duty from the factory.

Look over the yokes and bearings. One of those probably is the culprit. ??‍♂️

I have the CVDs and the rear wheels aren’t even getting anymore power. It sounds toasted but ill keep you updated.

Yeah it probably shredded some teeth and every once in awhile the diff gets caught on a broken tooth between what’s left of the gears, causing it to bind. Just rip it apart and see the carnage.

Why on this green earth are they plastic?! They held up for a long beating for being plastic though. Just replace the ring and pinion?

CC452212-6B05-44B6-A2DA-3045BC54BC37.jpeg

Mine looks like that essentially but the pic makes it look different. The spider gears inside all looked fine but its just the ring and pinion that shaved down. All ill need is the 13T pinion and 37T ring correct?

Mine looks like that essentially but the pic makes it look different. The spider gears inside all looked fine but its just the ring and pinion that shaved down. All ill need is the 13T pinion and 37T ring correct?
Correct,like arrmature said replace gasket, o-rings,shims an diff fluid.you want gears tight,an whole thing moving SMOOTHLY.i like HEAVIER fluid in rear.
Correct,like arrmature said replace gasket, o-rings,shims an diff fluid.you want gears tight,an whole thing moving SMOOTHLY.i like HEAVIER fluid in rear.
I'd also replace the 4 bearings while you are in there,. If you haven't upgraded bearings yet this would be a great time to do it
I bout these HD ones,haven't broke one yet. They must be stronger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200821-203908_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200821-203908_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Actually found a guy on ebay that sells the whole diff and input gear brand new for 24$. Cant beat that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back