Typhon Rear dogbone play - is this excessive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
To me this looks like too much play in the cups (a bit more than my Limitless).

Was thinking about adding nitro tube on the wheel hub side & diff cup side but I do understand that they do need to float & doing this may cause a flat spot in the cup itself…what are your thoughts guys?

Thanks 🙏

2681F005-D6CF-4EAD-B1DC-D26FCB6C47C7.jpeg

5455FB85-15E1-432E-BA04-C5341A2C64A9.jpeg

Wow . That is much for sure. :rolleyes:
Def. need to square that away. There is like 4.-5. mm too much slack.
Did you shim at the hubs or something like that? :unsure:
How do those Alloy Arms compare in size to the Stockers. Something is amiss there.;)
I say its the arms or somewhere at the Hubs that is the problem.
I assume those are stocker Dog bones?

Wow . That is much for sure. :rolleyes:
Def. need to square that away. There is like 4.-5. mm too much slack.
Did you shim at the hubs or something like that? :unsure:
How do those Alloy Arms compare in size to the Stockers. Something is amiss there.;)
I say its the arms or somewhere at the Hubs that is the problem.
I assume those are stocker Dog bones?
I bought it this way but I’ll check shim hubs

I haven’t compared the arms but being Vitavon I assume stock size

Yeah stock dogbones mate
What brand a arms and hubs are they? Was it like that with the stock components?
Vitavon arms - actually I’ll check my stock TLR Typhon as a benchmark

I bought it this way but I’ll check shim hubs

I haven’t compared the arms but being Vitavon I assume stock size

Yeah stock dogbones mate

Vitavon arms - actually I’ll check my stock TLR Typhon as a benchmark
Does the Team Losi Typhon have other pill inserts that go in the suspension blocks? Possibly the wrong pills or they are in the mounts in the wrong orientation? :unsure:

That will definitely cause some grief if not addressed. Was so distracted by that shiny metal though :love:

Does the Team Losi Typhon have other pill inserts that go in the suspension blocks? Possibly the wrong pills or they are in the mounts in the wrong orientation? :unsure:
+1 !!!!!!
Didn't think of that. Yes.
I did see the TLRT tower.
Brilliant. :love:
You will need the whole set of Pills. And The TLRT manual. There is a hinge pin mount ( Pill) chart in the manual. Double check what pills are installed against the TLRT Setup sheet.
Just winging it could throw off your "Roll Center" and "Rear Toe" and "Anti-squat".

Last edited:
+1 !!!!!!
Didn't think of that. Yes.
I did see the TLRT tower.
Brilliant. :love:
You will need the whole set of Pills. And The TLRT manual. There is a hinge pin mount ( Pill) chart in the manual. Double check what pills are installed against the TLRT Setup sheet.
Just winging it could throw off your "Roll Center" and Rear Toe.
That is really the only other thing I could think of being off. Vitavon seems to have better QC than say GPM or Integy from what I have seen, but their parts can still be off from time to time and that seems like a lot for the arms and or the hubs to be off to me.

This is my stock TLR - there isn’t much in it TBH

Should I run nitro tube on my Vitavon TLR? Thinking on each side of the dogbones but also allow some play?

C8B00806-5AFE-4C8C-8D46-A0186DD8B61F.jpeg

That is really the only other thing I could think of being off. Vitavon seems to have better QC than say GPM or Integy from what I have seen, but their parts can still be off from time to time and that seems like a lot for the arms and or the hubs to be off to me.
Bulkheads as well. I had to shave it out enough that the diff would fit properly. Before that bind badly.. but then again hot racing and powerhobby have the same issues.

DA0112C3-332C-4F71-847D-737F427BADEE.jpeg

C4012F7E-72DE-47B1-8EA1-5142ADBFF03E.jpeg

Bulkheads as well. I had to shave it out enough that the diff would fit properly. Before that bind badly.. but then again hot racing and powerhobby have the same issues.

View attachment 263400

View attachment 263401

All of the Hot Racing units I have didn't require any shaving they required more shims than stock, iirc the Outcast has 5 on one of the diffs and the one I stuck on the Fireteam I had to put shims on the side opposite the crown gear instead of on the crown gear side pretty sure I had to use 3 on that one.

All of the Hot Racing units I have didn't require any shaving they required more shims than stock, iirc the Outcast has 5 on one of the diffs and the one I stuck on the Fireteam I had to put shims on the side opposite the crown gear instead of on the crown gear side pretty sure I had to use 3 on that one.
Sorry 😂 adhd… I meant at the end to sound like every company has their flaws. But yeah hot racing besides the servo link has been pretty great! I’ve ran there bulkheads for a while now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back