Kraton Rear left dogbone keeps coming out on Keaton exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnukRead

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my rear left dogbone keeps coming out on my Keaton exb, I've had it apart a couple of times and can't see anything untoward, the rubber spacer in the diff drive cup is present and once together there's little to no lateral movement on the dogbone itself. I'm completely stumped as to what's allowing it to move out ?‍♂️ if anyone's had something similar I'd love to hear a solution.

You need to adjust your droop screws to limit downward travel of the rear arms. If they go too far, the dogbone comes out of the cup and you also risk breaking shock rod ends too. You want to remove the shock from the tower and let it float. Then turn the droop screw to where you will need to push the shock just a tiny amount to get it back on the tower. You want you shocks still a tiny bit compressed at full suspension travel.

A cracked diff bulkhead can also cause this.

Hey all I’m new. But anyways had this problem with various other models, because I always forget to check if the pivot balls on the A arm ends are screwed in enough. Usually happened when replacing arms for me. Definitely check the droop and check if bones are at the same depth when model is standing still.

^^^
Welcome to AF. :cool:
If the dog bone got bent already, even slightly, it can come out much easier with subsequent running. Yeah, Droop is very important here. Set correctly. As mentioned above.
And driver error will exacerbate this. Cartwheels especially. Consider how you drive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back