rear shock issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serrasalmus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton Mega
so had my Kraton Exb for abit now and love the way it makes me fell like a lil kid playing with his turbo hopper...
however I'm having a issue with the left rear shock pulling out of the lower shock end. I've added a few washers to the droop screw and it still does it on a good send. i mean replacing the end isn't a big deal but one of theses times I'm not going tobe lucky and I'm going to loose my spring. anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what i should do next

The shaft is just pulling out of the rod end? Is this on a normal landing or an upside down tumbling painful heart wrenching crash?
it would be more when its turning into a Kraton gymnast and cart wheeling end over end over end over end over end over end over end

Sounds like the rod end is stripped. It happens.. I haven't stripped them but rather they crack on me. Right above the pivot ball, once that happens the shock compresses too far and the axle pops out of the cup at the front of the kraton.. I pulled the washers/spacers from behind the pivot balls and added some o rings to the shock shafts. And installed new rod ends..So far,so good.
Rod ends are something I would recommend keeping spares of on hand.
Not sure how they're sold, by the pair or set of 4. But definitely buy extras.
For a quick fix, you can try teflon tape around the shock shaft, it'll tighten things up and may last a while.

it would be more when its turning into a Kraton gymnast and cart wheeling end over end over end over end over end over end over end
hahaha yup! That sounds about right....that'll do it. But yeah like @KnowAir said if it pulls out once then it's pretty much toast. Threads won't hold anymore.

yea i keep a pack of them and some other parts on hand, just wierd that it only happens on the one side.

yea i keep a pack of them and some other parts on hand, just wierd that it only happens on the one side.
It is, droop screw hole isn't stripped in the suspension arm is it, or perhaps a bent or worn droop screw?
I'm not sure how or where you use your kraton, but for my brother and I we run on a track at the house mostly. The left side tires and suspension take more abuse than the right due to a high speed right hand sweeper that we usually throw the rc's into without using the brakes first.. we use the turn to scrub speed, very bad for the tires for sure.

So silly question. On my 1/5 scale gasser I run shock limiting straps so that the shocks don't get damage at full extension. I've noticed no one runs limiting straps on the smaller scale RC's . Any reason why not ?

So silly question. On my 1/5 scale gasser I run shock limiting straps so that the shocks don't get damage at full extension. I've noticed no one runs limiting straps on the smaller scale RC's . Any reason why not ?

I think I've seen it done somewhere..
They DIY it with some old spare shoe strings or some such..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back