Rear shocks up front

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAM

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Senton 6s
I’m finding myself with an abundance of rear shocks for the 3s line. Think I’d blow a diff or drive shaft if I tried them up front on the outer whole of a set of rpm arms? This would be mounted on the granite/senton.

I’m finding myself with an abundance of rear shocks for the 3s line. Think I’d blow a diff or drive shaft if I tried them up front on the outer whole of a set of rpm arms? This would be mounted on the granite/senton.
I don’t think so. That doesn’t even make sense that a shock would do damage to a diff ??‍♂️ You can always limit travel with some tubing on the shock shaft.

A shock cant damage a diff a tight slipper clutch or a seized bearing on the drivetrain or debris can cause a diff failure or driveshaft poping out.

I like the idea for limited shock travel. My thought was that the additional travel could put strain on the diff cups leading to internal strain on the diff itself.

I like the idea for limited shock travel. My thought was that the additional travel could put strain on the diff cups leading to internal strain on the diff itself.
Nah I don’t think the arms go that low. Take the shocks off and see what the limiter is. I bet the turnbuckles stop before the driveshafts bind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back