Rear stub axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDean302

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello all. I have a Granite BLX. I'm having a problem with the rear stub axles on it. I'm running a 2s lipo and I can't keep the rear stub axles from opening up on it and spitting out the big bones. Are there any upgraded axles or anything I can do to try and remedy my problem? Thanks for any and all help.

HPI makes a 83 mm dogbone that fits... Also the cup design is kinds crappy on the granite. I also put in xtra orings to help tighten them up until I got the 83 mm dogbone!

I just got a CVD conversion finished up on my kids Granite. So far so good. I was disappointed how quick the drive axles wore out in it.
I used CVD AXLES B4/T4 No.9598
Assosiated CVD Rebuild Kit No.7381
RR HUB CARRIER B4/T4 L&R No.9584
I used several 3/16 axle shims I believe 4 on the inside you may need to play around to get the right fit No.7368
New nuts to fit the new axle
Black Grease for the CVD some say you do not need it

Only have 1 run on this set up but really liking it

Hi

I see you went with the A.E. MIP CVD's for the T4, I used the STRC big bone CVA's for the T4. Also did you remember to put some heat shrink around the knuckles to help keep dirt out and to help hold the pin's in place, MIP CVD's are notaries for throwing the joint pins.

I will try getting a pic on here soon.
I like the idea of shrink wrapping the knuckles will have to do that as well only have the set screw in place now

image.jpeg

HPI makes a 83 mm dogbone that fits... Also the cup design is kinds crappy on the granite. I also put in xtra orings to help tighten them up until I got the 83 mm dogbone!

Hello,

For a while yesterday the dog bones on my stock Mega Granite kept on popping out props after a single 100 meter run on 2s. I actually tried to put a little bit of an old ring, or rather a cut silicone tubing in one of the drive shaft carriers either the differential output or the side by the tire. However this seem to make things worse since it pushed the dogbone toward the edge of the cup where it seemed like a good slide out much more easily.

How would I modify?

So far changing the shock position on the front to the outermost on the bottom solved it for a while but not sure how long it will last.

Eric

Hello,

For a while yesterday the dog bones on my stock Mega Granite kept on popping out props after a single 100 meter run on 2s. I actually tried to put a little bit of an old ring, or rather a cut silicone tubing in one of the drive shaft carriers either the differential output or the side by the tire. However this seem to make things worse since it pushed the dogbone toward the edge of the cup where it seemed like a good slide out much more easily.

How would I modify?

So far changing the shock position on the front to the outermost on the bottom solved it for a while but not sure how long it will last.

Eric
Check out the parts I have used to switch to a CVD set up
I believe ajdragon has done a CVD conversion as well

I just got a CVD conversion finished up on my kids Granite. So far so good. I was disappointed how quick the drive axles wore out in it.
I used CVD AXLES B4/T4 No.9598
Assosiated CVD Rebuild Kit No.7381
RR HUB CARRIER B4/T4 L&R No.9584
I used several 3/16 axle shims I believe 4 on the inside you may need to play around to get the right fit No.7368
New nuts to fit the new axle
Black Grease for the CVD some say you do not need it

Only have 1 run on this set up but really liking it
Do you still run this? Still like it on your Granite?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back