Outcast Rear sway bar Outcast !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Does the Outcast really need a rear sway bar ?
I keep pulling it out of the rear diff attachment so on the last session I just pulled it off completely after one side had come out and found it hard to tell the difference. I know it's supposed to keep the car steady at high speed but don't really know how.

I had the same problem. Loosing the two grub screws, slide sway bar in a little more than stock. Haven't had a problem since. I think you're correct though, took my sway bar out for a few runs and didn't notice a difference.

I had the same problem. Loosing the two grub screws, slide sway bar in a little more than stock. Haven't had a problem since. I think you're correct though, took my sway bar out for a few runs and didn't notice a difference.
That's a good idea Fart. I actually tried that and it lasted better but then it happened today so she's off for now and c how I go Thanks !!!

I took it off. the attachment of the rear swaybar piece is designed for a 1/16th vehicle. When I need a diff case I might replace it, but not spending 12 dollars for one piece of plastic.

I nticed a huge difference in the feel of the car in the ocrners when I added the thicker/stiffer Front swaybar. I also added the stiffer rear sway bar, later on, and am not completely sold on it. I think I got less traction rolls with just the stiff front. Now I seem to roll more with the stiff rear sway bar. I may just remove it and see what happens.

Hmmm.... i was thinking about taking my sway bars off. Did you try different weight shock oil in the rear with the thicker rear sway bar to see if it made a difference?

I actually think I went with 80 wt in all 4 corners, and am having trouble with the read end kicking high off of speed bumps. I am not sure if it is the sway bar or my shocks. I think maybe the combo of the thicker shocks fluid, thicker sway bar, and Teckno springs have me at a point where the shock is not compressing fast enough to absorb the bump fast enough. I didn't get time to run through any tests, but the kicker ramp I built is working out fairly well.

I actually think I went with 80 wt in all 4 corners, and am having trouble with the read end kicking high off of speed bumps. I am not sure if it is the sway bar or my shocks. I think maybe the combo of the thicker shocks fluid, thicker sway bar, and Teckno springs have me at a point where the shock is not compressing fast enough to absorb the bump fast enough. I didn't get time to run through any tests, but the kicker ramp I built is working out fairly well.
If both rear tires are hitting the speed bump at the same time and traveling the same amount then the sway bar should do nothing. I started out with 1000cst on all four corners and I ended up dropping the rears to 800 and it helped on the speed bumps and small curbs and such but still did it more than I wanted. Then I softened the rear springs and it got better yet but I may drop the rear thickness down more.

Here is a little more on this. I took out the Front Sway bar, because that little holder piece got a screwed up and would just pop out over the screw heads. Well let me say this does not work out very well. on any turn and especially the braking turns, the outside front corner just dives into the ground. I mean it almost looks comical. So this AM I went looking for an Ebay Chop Shop that had had the part. No luck. Then I saw this on the Hot Racing Site. *Click* ordered it. Screw heads won't pull through that.
142700.jpg

God bless hot racing. Diff in my kids mini summit made the thing drivable instead of fixing diffs every two minutes.

Here is a little more on this. I took out the Front Sway bar, because that little holder piece got a screwed up and would just pop out over the screw heads. Well let me say this does not work out very well. on any turn and especially the braking turns, the outside front corner just dives into the ground. I mean it almost looks comical. So this AM I went looking for an Ebay Chop Shop that had had the part. No luck. Then I saw this on the Hot Racing Site. *Click* ordered it. Screw heads won't pull through that.
142700.jpg
They look great I'll b getting some !! We need a full aluminium gearbox case HR !!

Got my little Hot Racing Sway bar holder thingies. They look good, and certainly won't bend all out of shape like the stock version did. Of course now a bit more reading and I think I figured out what that happened. @Ole Fart51 posted that he moved the 2 outer sway bar holders up the sway bar a bit unti the bar would not move away from the gear box. That little adjustment made all the difference. Oh well mine was already toast, then I lost it. So these will be going on soon, and my new T-bone front bumper will go on at the same time..

Got my little Hot Racing Sway bar holder thingies. They look good, and certainly won't bend all out of shape like the stock version did. Of course now a bit more reading and I think I figured out what that happened. @Ole Fart51 posted that he moved the 2 outer sway bar holders up the sway bar a bit unti the bar would not move away from the gear box. That little adjustment made all the difference. Oh well mine was already toast, then I lost it. So these will be going on soon, and my new T-bone front bumper will go on at the same time..
I did the same thing. Adjusting the bar against the gear box but still kept pulling the rear out. I reckon u did the right thing. They should work well. let me know how they go ?

Eventually I may get these. We haven't had a rear sway bar since basically the second day with the truck and it really isn't causing any issues.
I don't mind buying parts to strengthen a weak part but I do mind when the part is just never going to hold up. More importantly, sell it separately.

WOW, I have to say that the car DOES handle much better with the sway bars in the correct place. Here is the rear Hot Racing Sway bar retainer, installed. The front one is buried under the new Tbone Bumper.

I got this part too, and thought it was just for blig, but it holds the Motor mount and Center diff mount in place from the top, so now there is no flex up top...plus BLING!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back