Talion Rear wheel wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caspian921

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
The left rear tire and wheel on my TALION V3 have a noticeable wobble that doesn’t exist on the other side. What should I be checking/replacing to fix this? Thanks.

First make sure your wheel/tire are not bent/warped. Then check your Hub bearings(2). If they are the Arma originals, they tend to wear out quickly and this can cause wheels to wobble and vibrate excessively. I replaced most of my bearings with Avids rubber sealed bearings and this reduced so much slop in all areas of the bearing positions. Steering "bushings" replaced (4) in the ackerman rack with bearings (4), removed the steering slop that is typical with all 1/8 scale Arma models.

If i may ride on this thread, one of my Katar's wheels wobble after a bad landing, it's definitely in the wheel.
Is there a way to straighten it? just force it back to position?

You can try to get the wheel somewhat more true than it is by hand. In a warm environment so the plastic wheel will conform. It will probably not be perfect but close enough. And I always put my worst wheels on the rear. Some wheels are stronger than others depending on design and type of plastics used. Bashing always stresses wheels. As long as they don't crack or break, just use as is. If they vibrate severely while spinning, balance them. There are many video how too's on this. But racers usually do this. Bashing is a more relaxed RC activity. But balancing does help overall driving stability. I also like to seal the wheel vents with tape or and vent the outer circumference of the tire in 2-4 even places. Like I would do in racing. I find that tire expansion at speed is more uniform and dirt and water escapes readily. Again there are how too's on this.

I had tire wobble yesterday, turned out to be water in the tire foam from bashing in the snow the day before. I squeezed it out , ran it slower than normal for a few minutes for it to smooth out then off to the races. it's possible this is what's happening.

Last edited:
No, my wheels are sealed and instead my tires are vented. I recommend you do the same, water in the tires is extremely destructive to the foams, and the added weight is a big issue as well

I did it the same as instructed by Rich duperbash:

I bought the brass tube from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BQOPWM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

appreciate the info, I'll move forward with that..... planned on figuring that water issue out and here it is. thanks man

I've run across a lot of threads where people say to not vent the tires as it promotes water in the foams... but IME, unless you are reaaaaaaally diligent with making sure your tires a glued all the way around, getting water in there is unavoidable and unless you vent the tires, it will stay in there.

I've been venting all my tires for many years and haven't really noticed any degradation in foam performance over the long haul. I avoid water when I can as nitro's don't care for the instant cooling effect and sucking water in the air filter, but with electrics, I'm less diligent about it and the primary reason I got into electric was to be able to run in snow.

Not trying to derail, just posting my experience with water logged tires. When running a truck at 6S speeds, it doesn't take much water to throw them way out of balance. Even at 4S speeds, it's painful and hard on the truck.

Perhaps it does degrade the foams. I haven't noticed it though. I replace tires due to them tearing/ripping usually at the wheel by being cut up from the rim from bashing on concrete at skate parks. But I do have trucks with tires/wheels that have been used for 2+ years. All of them vented via the tire and all run in wet grass at least.

The left rear tire and wheel on my TALION V3 have a noticeable wobble that doesn’t exist on the other side. What should I be checking/replacing to fix this? Thanks.
Swap the tire/wheel to another corner. If the wobble follows the wheel, then it's a tire/wheel issue, not a hub or other issue. In some cases, I've noticed the wheel actually turns true, but a non uniformly glued tire prohibits the tire from turning true. From my experience, most of my cars have at least 1 wheel with a small amount of wobble, but not enough to cause problems at speed.

The wobble stays on the right rear wheel no matter which tire and wheel I use. Haven’t had time to get through the suggestions yet but I will in the near future. Thanks to all who replied. As a relative newbie to the RC world, the sharing of your collective knowledge is much appreciated. Take care.

The wobble stays on the right rear wheel no matter which tire and wheel I use. Haven’t had time to get through the suggestions yet but I will in the near future. Thanks to all who replied. As a relative newbie to the RC world, the sharing of your collective knowledge is much appreciated. Take care.
Then it's the bearings or the axle stub itself being bent more than likely.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back