Kraton Rear wing mount bolts sheared off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
The m3 bolts have sheared off where it bolts to the shock tower, Bolts are now not removable and now I have to change the rear diff housing also. Has this happened to anyone else? I have ordered all the parts needed but I have planned a modification. I'm going to drill and tap everything to m4 size bolts. Has anyone done this?

The m3 bolts have sheared off where it bolts to the shock tower, Bolts are now not removable and now I have to change the rear diff housing also. Has this happened to anyone else? I have ordered all the parts needed but I have planned a modification. I'm going to drill and tap everything to m4 size bolts. Has anyone done this?

Happened to me quite recently....one screw broke and a small part got stuck in the shocktower but strangely not any part of screw stuck in the diffhouse lol...so i just removed tower and took a hammer and something to fit through the screwhole in the tower and bang...removed and good to use again....alot easier than what i expected :)
Edit: didnt read the mod part until now sorry hehe

Through bolt it, drill out old threads,then if it breaks it can't get stuck!

Same here, they sheard off flush with the tower. I removed the tower and was able to get a small pair of needle nose vise grips on the broken screw that was stuck in the diff case...Mike

IMG_6714.JPG
IMG_6715.JPG
Finished the M4 bolt mod. This baby will never shear off again. Really easy mod, did same mod on my Talion in 10 minutes without taking wing mount off, just remove wing, take the m3 out, drill correct hole completely through everything, tap to M4, put 1/4 inch sleeve in and then M4 bolt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back