Rebuild motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here just took mine apart for you. Everything in order.

Attachments

• 15749028648001120214929443935384.jpg
    15749028648001120214929443935384.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 174
Here just took mine apart for you. Everything in order.
Just noticed I have a newer 2050kv I don't understand why yours doesn't have pressure washers????

The arm will break down with sustained temps of 200 deg f. In theory the resin used for the arm. holds to about 212F. But that is too high of temps. Keep your temps below 160. at all times. Watch your gearing.

I re oiled my bearings of my motor with bearing oil.. because from factory the oil was almost completly gone so.. last time i reoiled the bearings was with silicone oil and the dam bearing blew the next day lol. It was the crappy stock bearing tho costed me a motor. Lets just hope my ceramic ones doesn't explode:/. My hobbyshop told me yesterday that ceramic bearings are bad for motors and what you need is a speed shielded bearing. Im confused at this point lol

The blx motors are great, just be careful if you ever run them through water and dirt, the water carries the dirt into the bearings and around the rotor, this is a sure way to destroy one. Try and keep the temp under 160°f any hotter and you'll quickly start to ruin the motor, they will cope with a lot, but high temps will be the death of them.

Also you can pick up a new blx for not a lot of money from a kit breaker like jennys rc.

You can upgrade the bearings to ceramic if you like, but even a good set of metal sealed bearings will ensure smooth operation.

This was a rotor that was destroyed by water, dust and heat. I put it back together and after a few more runs it got much worse then it exploded inside the can bringing the truck to a dead stop.View attachment 55357
I believe I have that exact problem. My bearing is destroyed and the coil and the magnet stuck together siezing up the motion.

It looks very repairable tho. I cleaned everything up and it all looks good.

It looks like i only need the bearing on the gear side. Everything under the cap is still working smooth.
I have a 3200kva blx

Last edited:
If one bearing is bricked, you always replace both bearings with new.(y) The armature needs matched fresh bearings. Or the Arm gets bricked. And a new motor is needed. :(

I re oiled my bearings of my motor with bearing oil.. because from factory the oil was almost completly gone so.. last time i reoiled the bearings was with silicone oil and the dam bearing blew the next day lol. It was the crappy stock bearing tho costed me a motor. Lets just hope my ceramic ones doesn't explode:/. My hobbyshop told me yesterday that ceramic bearings are bad for motors and what you need is a speed shielded bearing. Im confused at this point lol
Silicone oil is a no go on bearings. IMO.It has almost zero shear strength. And can't handle high temps under load as it breaks down fast.

BUMP

does anyone know why the 2 little washers inside the motor are curved??
As above, these act as a supporting spring for the rotor, they help to keep the rotor from moving back and forth too much, but do allow for shock without excessive pressure on the motor bearings.

Does anyone know if there are replacements for the spacer in between the cap bearing and the 2 spring washers? i took my motor apart and the spacer flew out and was gone.

Sorry can someone please confirm on the above post, the curved washer is on the end of the shaft or between the bushing/spacer? I think it would go, bottom cover, bearing, spacer, washer, main centre core/shaft, bearing, and then top cover. I just worry it should be bottom cover, bearing, washer, spacer, main centre core/shaft bearing, and then top cover? I pulled my motor apart and now I can't figure it out, thank you.
Curved spring washers go on End of shaft first.
No armatures are sold separately.. So you have to buy another motor. That's why. So keep up on replacing or maintains the BB's or you'll surely brick the armature in a heartbeat. These are budget motors. All RTR motors are like this. HH expects you replace the whole motor. Bb's are not even available as an Arrma part. Nothing new. Been that way since the flood.
Why cant i buy a new rotor shaft kit for the spectrum 2050kv motor or the ezyrun 1650 motor

Last edited:
Curved spring washers go on End of shaft first.
No armatures are sold separately.. So you have to buy another motor. That's why. So keep up on replacing or maintains the BB's or you'll surely brick the armature in a heartbeat. These are budget motors. All RTR motors are like this. HH expects you replace the whole motor. Bb's are not even available as an Arrma part. Nothing new. Been that way since the flood.
Thanks for the reply mate.

It's funny how I've not had any motors or escs fail since I've been avoiding water 😀😀😀.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back